**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question about upcoming Crit meta in BGs

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Here’s a picture of the node description. I don’t have a past version to compare to, but my recollection was that suicide masteries and recoil did no damage. Blocked hits did no damage unless the champ critted through block. DOT debuffs did no damage.

Is that how this node functions, or am I mixing it up with another? Because that’s not how the description reads IMO

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    That is correct. Damage only comes through crits.
  • Options
    TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    You are correct , rule of thumb here is unless the number is yellow it doesnt do damage(only exception is crits in block)
  • Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 408 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Here’s a picture of the node description. I don’t have a past version to compare to, but my recollection was that suicide masteries and recoil did no damage. Blocked hits did no damage unless the champ critted through block. DOT debuffs did no damage.

Is that how this node functions, or am I mixing it up with another? Because that’s not how the description reads IMO

Yeah and Nick Fury has two life's so you basically need to kill Nick twice since he will not take damage from his own decay as well
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 649 ★★★★
    Shivacrux said:

TyEdge said:

Yeah and Nick Fury has two life's so you basically need to kill Nick twice since he will not take damage from his own decay as well
    That kind of interaction is such BS for a two minute fight you have to win in 40-50 seconds if you want to win the match and I have a Fury.
  • Options
    Nick 2 full lives are not that much more than someone like sassy + sassy has dmg mitigation regen and md. He was great for that meta but not THAT great.

Real menace is manthing, pretty much everyone times out vs him in that meta.

Nova , havok , cap brit, mr sinister and maw are great on def that meta but each have decent counters. Man thing is the one you REALLY want to watch out for
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    So compare this to a node like power shield. “Regular hits do no damage. Specials do 400% damage.” DOT debuffs, recoil, Nick’s degen…all still do damage.

The way this node is WRITTEN, it should operate the same way. Or it should be written to say “100% less damage taken from all sources besides critical hits.”

That’s frustrating. I mean, not super frustrating bc I have r5 Nick Fury but frustrating. Also, it feels like Archangel should be able to bypass this node for damage done after the relevant number of neuros apply but I know that has never happened
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,346 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Ebony Maws ebony Maws everywhere

At least my omega sentinel will be useful Vs maw, havok and sinister
  • Options

Any science champ will work against maw, + a few more champs that bypass miss. Maw is more like a trap champ for that meta, similar to elsa + de. Because if u do have a science champ or a counter his small hp will drop him quick. Still a solid pick for roster
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

Any science champ will work against maw, + a few more champs that bypass miss. Maw is more like a trap champ for that meta, similar to elsa + de. Because if u do have a science champ or a counter his small hp will drop him quick. Still a solid pick for roster
    Yeah, I strongly suggest that players have a couple extra science champs in their decks just to increase the odds of getting one to counter a possible Maw draft.