**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

So what did you guys think of the Secret Invasion finale? [Warning: Spoilers in this thread]

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 470 ★★★
Hey everyone,

As the title suggests, what were your thoughts on Episode 6? I've been seeing a lot of disappointment on Twitter but I don't think it was too bad. It was predictable and a little cheesy but overall, it was just a stepping stone to pave the road for bigger and better things.

I am curious to see what they do with Gi'ah. I definitely love Emilia Clarke being part of the MCU. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Dukenpuke said:

They had a chance to do something great, and they went the boring predictable route.

It wasn't terrible. Tidy ending that leads directly into The Marvels, but overall entirely inconsequential. "Disappointment" is a good word for how I feel about it.

What did you want to see from Secret Invasion? I haven't read the storyline in the comics and I know the directors didn't base the show on source material. If you had a chance to rewrite the script, what would you change?
  • Options

Gi’ah is now the most overpowered character in the MCU

the scenes with vigilantes going and killing people they think are skrulls was the most interesting part of the show and it happened in 30 seconds. It needed more episodes and actual paranoia- for being “Marvel’s Andor” it didn’t do anything actually impressive

I agree. The show could've been longer to build more suspense and paranoia. For a moment, I thought they were going to make Gi'ah into Teddy (Hulkling) as a female character instead of his comic-book counterpart but maybe she's just another addition to the MCU.

Gravik's execution was pretty badass though. She went full Vegito lol

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,227 ★★★★★
    I actually very much enjoyed it and how it ended well, it left things open for future stuff instead of just closing it but the thing fury had well some was unexpected to me
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Dukenpuke said:

They had a chance to do something great, and they went the boring predictable route.

It wasn't terrible. Tidy ending that leads directly into The Marvels, but overall entirely inconsequential. "Disappointment" is a good word for how I feel about it.

What did you want to see from Secret Invasion? I haven't read the storyline in the comics and I know the directors didn't base the show on source material. If you had a chance to rewrite the script, what would you change?
    I like that they brought up the ambiguity of who was and wasn't Skrulls and how long have they been that way. The "Wait, was Rhodey a Skrull in Iron Man 2?" question was one of the most interesting things to be brought up in the MCU in a while. Another tidy thing that was cleaned up after only a couple weeks by showing them released from captivity. It's also clear that Rhodey was abducted while he was recovering from his Civil War incident due to the fact that he's still paralyzed and was in a hospital gown. I think that was a missed opportunity.

I would have liked to see them re-introduce some characters like Coulson or Quake, even if it was in a post-credits scene. I was very surprised that there weren't any post-credits scenes at all in the series.

I get why they did what they did. You can't really have huge implications in a tv show, because not everyone is going to watch it. It's sad that they wasted Maria Hill's death on a show that was otherwise unwilling to take risks. I think they learned Star Wars' lesson from the Mandalorian & Book of Boba Fett crossover. At the end of Mandalorian Season 2, Grogu has left Din Djarin and is with Luke Skywalker, and given the choice between life as a Mandalorian or life as a Jedi. Mandalorian Season 3 starts up and Grogu is back with Din Djarin without explanation. The cliffhanger is solved in a completely different show. They don't want casual MCU fans to go from the state of the universe at the end of the last MCU movie into the new Marvels movie with a ton of "Wait, what?" moments.
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 254 ★★★
    The end of the first episode made my jaw actually drop, and then the next 4 episodes took basically no risk. The Super Skrull fight was pretty cool, but it was over so quickly and felt like a missed opportunity to at least tease mutants/FF. The Rhodey standoff in the hospital felt dumb, especially since Falsworth has already shot Skrulls non-fatally to reveal their identities and had not one but two guns on him already. You could have blinked and missed all the fallout caused by public knowledge of the Skrulls and it feels incomplete to hope that some other project will pick up on that mass anxiety. Overall I guess I was just hoping for something more daring and adventurous for a something so focused on Nick Fury.
  • Options
    I agree with alot of the responses above. Secret Invasion was slightly above mediocre at best. Agents of Shield did a better job with the LMD's.

That being said, it was leagues better than She-Hulk in my opinion.
  • Options
    What keeps me coming back to these shows is my hope that it will all lead up to something good one day.

I love the tie-ins and the easter eggs but I've had to come to terms that my generation is no longer Disney's target demographic. This doesn't apply to everyone but it feels like this upcoming generation is less interested in good storytelling and has less patience with story-building than the former.

It could also be that people have superhero fatigue and Marvel will no longer have that energy & enthusiasm that Phase 1 had.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,862 ★★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

I agree with alot of the responses above. Secret Invasion was slightly above mediocre at best. Agents of Shield did a better job with the LMD's.

That being said, it was leagues better than She-Hulk in my opinion.

Self Control (Season 4, Episode 15 of Agents of Shield) does the entire “paranoia, one of us is an imposter” thing better in one episode than this show did in its entire six episodes.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Hey everyone,

As the title suggests, what were your thoughts on Episode 6? I've been seeing a lot of disappointment on Twitter but I don't think it was too bad. It was predictable and a little cheesy but overall, it was just a stepping stone to pave the road for bigger and better things.

I am curious to see what they do with Gi'ah. I definitely love Emilia Clarke being part of the MCU. What are your thoughts?

I agree with you, i think it could have been better, but i quite enjoyed the show a lot, just thought it could have more episodes, the story felt a bit rushed, but im not getting this massive hate tbh..

My rankings would be:

1 - Falcon and Winter Soldier
    2 - Loki
    3 - Wandavision
    4 - Secret Invasion
    5 - Hawkeye
    6 - Moon Knight
    7 - She Hulk
    8 - Ms Marvel

Fr i think Ms Marvel was the worst thing Marvel has done, much worse than She Hulk imo, it has so many problems that i would compare with that Inhumans fiasco of a series. And i loved the Falcon series, just hated that Karli villain

Secret Invasion was pretty solid, yall too picky

Giah is op now, just thought it was kinda lame how easy she could dispatch Gravik, i mean, if she failed, Fury would have destroyed the Earth lol cause nobody aint stopping that

Wonder if there will be a season 2, considering the amount of loose ends.. Fury will get picked up on The Marvels, but Giah and the president storyline, idk when will those be explained, perhaps in Armor Wars?
  • Options
    SuelGames said:

Mr.0-8-4 said:

Hey everyone,

I agree with you, i think it could have been better, but i quite enjoyed the show a lot, just thought it could have more episodes, the story felt a bit rushed, but im not getting this massive hate tbh..

My rankings would be:

2 - Loki
    3 - Wandavision
    4 - Secret Invasion
    5 - Hawkeye
    6 - Moon Knight
    7 - She Hulk
    8 - Ms Marvel

Fr i think Ms Marvel was the worst thing Marvel has done, much worse than She Hulk imo, it has so many problems that i would compare with that Inhumans fiasco of a series. And i loved the Falcon series, just hated that Karli villain

Giah is op now, just thought it was kinda lame how easy she could dispatch Gravik, i mean, if she failed, Fury would have destroyed the Earth lol cause nobody aint stopping that

Wonder if there will be a season 2, considering the amount of loose ends.. Fury will get picked up on The Marvels, but Giah and the president storyline, idk when will those be explained, perhaps in Armor Wars?
    I'm amused because my list is so much different than yours. I hated F&WS.

1 - Moon Knight
    2 - Loki
    3 - Hawkeye
    4 - What If?
    5 - Wandavision
    6 - Ms Marvel
    7 - Secret Invasion
    8 - She Hulk
    9 - Falcon & Winter Soldier
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,766 ★★★★★
    I generally feel like secret invasion started strong and then collapsed and had zero implications on the MCU. Plus they spoiled that fury was alive in the marvels trailer so ending was pretty whack in my opinion. Oh yeah and now Gaia or whatever has everyone’s powers.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,960 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed it.

I don't buy Rhodey having been a Skrull since CACW because he's in a hospital gown and can't walk. All that tells us is, he didn't have his Stark exoskeleton on and that he'd probably been taken whilst in hospital for a scan or something. That could've been any time since Endgame or even since F&TWS when he'd gone in for an MRI, CAT scan or whatever.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

SuelGames said:

Mr.0-8-4 said:

Hey everyone,

My rankings would be:

2 - Loki
    3 - Wandavision
    4 - Secret Invasion
    5 - Hawkeye
    6 - Moon Knight
    7 - She Hulk
    8 - Ms Marvel

I'm amused because my list is so much different than yours. I hated F&WS.

1 - Moon Knight
    2 - Loki
    3 - Hawkeye
    4 - What If?
    5 - Wandavision
    6 - Ms Marvel
    7 - Secret Invasion
    8 - She Hulk
    9 - Falcon & Winter Soldier
    Didnt include What If cause its an animation, amd i dont think Moon Knight was bad, i just wish it was darker, it was focused too much on dumbass Steven and not on Mark, not to mention all the good action scenes with Jake were a blackout, it didnt show him wiping everyone s ass, it had so much potention but it felt bit wasted :/
  • Options

I enjoyed it.

I don't buy Rhodey having been a Skrull since CACW because he's in a hospital gown and can't walk. All that tells us is, he didn't have his Stark exoskeleton on and that he'd probably been taken whilst in hospital for a scan or something. That could've been any time since Endgame or even since F&TWS when he'd gone in for an MRI, CAT scan or whatever.

Except Kevin Feige confirmed it himself. He said at the end of the show, you will know "exactly how long he's been a Skrull."

"“We needed to have a character that one would not expect to be a Skrull.,” Marvel Studios President and executive producer, Kevin Feige, explains. “Don was on board for this reveal of playing and revealing another side of Rhodey and revealing that, yeah, Rhodey has been a Skrull.”

Right from the get-go, Cheadle was game to go down this new avenue. “When we have amazing actors, like Don, that have been with us for so many years, we very much treat them as partners in the creative collaboration,” Feige continues. “It was very early days when we pitched this concept to Don, and he very much was into it and into being able to play with different sides of Rhodey that we haven't seen before.”

But now that this reveal is out in the open, there are still bigger issues at hand including just how long Rhodey has been a Skrull?! That revelation will have to wait, as viewers come to “understand exactly how long he’s been a Skrull,” Feige adds. “We like the idea of fans going back and watching some of the other appearances of Rhodey and realizing that that wasn't him.”

‘Secret Invasion’: Don Cheadle and Kevin Feige on Rhodey’s Big Reveal
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,574 ★★★★★
    It's sad that the biggest and most important thing about the show was that Rhodey was a skrull. RHODEY. Who actually cared that much about it beyond the initial shock value. So much wasted potential with this show it's genuinely tragic
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,820 ★★★★★
    One thing that greatly annoyed me (besides a recent trend which I won't discuss for fear of being Cancelled) was that mere DNA and 5 minutes is enough for both Skrulls to have control over powers that likely took years for the original donor to even be competent with, let alone master when every origin story ever told involves not being able to control a sudden emergence of special ability.

I keep watching these various series hoping for something good but when you expect to be disappointed you will rarely be surprised by it.

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,725 ★★★★★
    Tremendous nothing-burger. Except for the fact Nick has now created a Super-Duper Skrull. Also, with that budget, I hoped for better than CW-level CGI battles.

I’ve lost faith in the Disney+ TV shows.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,020 ★★★★★
    I think the main thing was, how long has rhodey and Ross been skrulls?
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,835 ★★★★
    I thought it was pretty bad. Probably for me the worst of the Marvel shows. The writing was terrible IMHO - wish they could blame it on the strike but no such luck.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    I was hype for secret invasion but it definitley dissappoint in my view. It seemed rush especially the last episode. It felt like time, time to wrap this up so lets make this everything quick. The superskrull fight scence could have been epic but it was rush. The Hospital scene with the skrull Rhodey took to long since they could have just shot his hand to show proof instead of a stand off for 5 minutes of wasted time. That 5 minute could have been used on the super skrull fight scene to make it more action pack. Seems like Nick had a lot of faith on a Skrull girl who is a teenager against a well trained Gravik. If she failed than earth could have been doom.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,603 ★★★
    I think Secret Invasion was great! One of the best Marvel/Disney+ series.
    Only 2% jokes, 98% useful action , suspense, intrigue, and great Marvel content info for The Marvels and for the future.
    My thoughts before was....hmmm, it will be so confuse this Secret Invasion, we will be "lost" on who gonna be Skrull or no
    But no... it's clear who is and who don't.

If you didn't watch yet, go for it.
    Now im really thrilled to watch The Marvels, Armor wars and Cap America IV.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,536 ★★★★★

One thing that greatly annoyed me (besides a recent trend which I won't discuss for fear of being Cancelled) was that mere DNA and 5 minutes is enough for both Skrulls to have control over powers that likely took years for the original donor to even be competent with, let alone master when every origin story ever told involves not being able to control a sudden emergence of special ability.

And the fact that most of the Avengers powers aren't based on DNA, anyway.

Captain Marvel's powers came from exposure to an Infinity stone. She's not a mutant.

And even if she was, this plot point was literally the worst plan ever.

Why would Fury send Gaia in with the 'real' Harvest? She could have carried out this plan if he sent her with a bottle of Dr Pepper!

What possible good outcome would there be to sending the Harvest to him? Given that Gaia and Gravik already had the exact same powers; and the Harvest meant they still had the exact same powers (except more of them), the best possible outcome was flipping a coin for who won.

Terrible, lazy writing, and completely unnecessary. They actually did quite well coming up with the first four sources of power for the Super-Skrull machine; then clearly just decided to throw all subtlety and nuance to the winds.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The finale was so disappointing.