**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Carina’s challenges Vol 1&2 rewards update

Hi all,

Just curious to know your thoughts about it.
When Carina’s challenge vol1 came out the rewards were fitting the meta of the game at that point. The same for vol 2.
Now this is not the case anymore as the amount of items you have to spent is not worth the price.

Do you think rewards should be updated to the current meta (r5 or 7*)? I think this will help people re engaging with this piece of content.
An alternative would be maintaining the same rewards but remove some of the constraints (i.e. any cyclops instead of the 3* only)
Kabam Miike, any thoughts?

P.S. and no I don’t think that who has already completed these challenges should have compensation

Comments

• Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 967 ★★★★★
    I’m not apposed to the buffing the rewards. I have done all of Carinas Vol 1 and 2. Personally without being able to revive farm I’m unlikely to even with a rewards buff.

If they do make any changes, they absolutely need to compensate those who’ve already done it.
  • Options
    GiusGiufGiusGiuf Posts: 12

I disagree and haven't finished them but mainly the Buff rewards with no compensation. It is the most entitled thing I have ever heard. These guys either grinded for days or spent big in the day to complete this when they were the most revelant. So you deserve more rewards for less effort now?

There is so much happening in game nowadays that you don't have to do them. Completionists will but you can pick and choose the easy stuff like rol with robots for easy rewards and ignore the lol and aol ones.

If you read the post is not more rewards for less effort but is either
    - relevant rewards for the same efforts (I would argue that farming revive is more difficult nowadays) or
    - Same rewards for less effort (considering that those rewards don’t really fit the meta anymore)

I am not sure this is “entitled” and it would not damage who has already completed it.
    Sometimes but rarely kabam does things in favour of players and as a player who has done good part of the contents in game I have absolutely no problem in rewards buff with or without compensation.
    Of course if kabam sends 1275 mythic crystals as a compensation gift I won’t complain😜

I know that there are a lot of things to do on the game but my OCD suffers seeing these challenges not completed😅😂
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,447 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Sort of agree with you on the objectives sitting there with no intent on completion.
    I would likea "I'm a cheese eating surrender monkey, please remove this objective from my list" button.

Oh - And maybe pressing that button comes with a special title. That would be awesome.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,504 ★★★★★
    Not needed. Rewards fit content at the time of release. Those who don’t think rewards are worth the effort will skip it like they do with variants.
  • Options
    InfamousMikeInfamousMike Posts: 71
    I agree, also the Variants needsa upgrade.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I don’t think a reward buff with no compensation is fair.

I also don’t think a lot of them are worth doing between the rewards being outdated and the revive farm removal.

I’d support an annual reward update with a sort of ticket that gives everyone who has completed the content the latest set of rewards every year. I’d apply this to Carina’s Challenges and Variants for sure and maybe Abyss and Labyrinth also.

It would keep the content relevant indefinitely and give more of an incentive for people to do it if they can unlock an annual reward package going forward.

• Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★

I agree, also the Variants needsa upgrade.

They don't need an upgrade, we need new variants.

makes no sense to buff the variants we currently have, they are being done with much larger rosters now and are relatively easy
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    If Kabam wants to incentivize completion of past Carina content, it’s easy.

Create an objective that offers rewards for completing 2 volumes of Carina, then rewards for completing 3 volumes.

It would be a nice gesture, and it wouldn’t require parsing through accounts to see who already did what.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    I feel like there is a fundamental difference in how some people view Carina's challenges (and rewards in general, but I'll keep this specific). I always understood Carnina's challenges to be aimed at Endgame players who just twiddle their thumbs and took tea breaks during the rest of the properly levelled content and wanted a real challenge mostly for the sake of having a real challenge and not for amazing rewards. Vol 1 came out over 2 years ago and I would absolutely not expect all of the rewards to be the same level of exciting these days. Diminishing value of resources is one of the drivers in a game like this to complete content early, thus it doesn't behoove (don't @ me if I spelled that wrong) Kabam to constantly be updating rewards on permanent content. You can even look to special cases like the Gauntlet that was temporary, but allowed another run when it opened again. This was a case where the rewards weren't updated, but they were made accessible again as it became permenant.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★
    Nah, they fit the timeframe they were released. Nowadays you just don't touch them, like back issues 1, stinky rewards for a stinky variant.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,560 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    GiusGiuf said:

Hi all,
    P.S. and no I don’t think that who has already completed these challenges should have compensation

I thought the whole thing was hilarious, but this was my favorite part.
  • Options
    ZIOLEXZIOLEX Posts: 12
    Carina challenge hard but garbage reward
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,878 ★★★★★
    I don’t see why they couldn’t boost the rewards a little bit and just issue those to the players who have completed it.

Either way, the ridiculous ones I’m never going to do, even if they got a boost, it wouldn’t encourage me.

So I’m easy whatever happens.

However you can’t expect them to be upgraded, and those who have already finished them, get nothing.
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 778 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    They need to be buffed or just remove them. Nobody will do they if left as is and just looks messy being there for nothing. They had a purpose back when released now you can just keep playing on and get better rewards. Nobody has time for that. Its just hard for nothing special.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    At least Back Issues provide new, themed, kinda interesting content. Carinas Challenges just ask players to redo old content but with restrictions. It's lazy implementation with rewards that very quickly became outdated. Assuming this game lasts another 5 years, I highly doubt Carinas will stay the way they are. Buffing the rewards or removing the restrictions really aren't the way to go, they should just rework the system entirely and bring new challenges for everyone.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,556 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    I agree that the rewards are fairly pointless for Carina's 1&2, now.

One solutions that actually meets everyone's suggestions above (suggested by @TyEdge in another thread): Incentivize doing old Carina content by making an additional objective for completing multiple volumes.

That way, you can 'buff' the old rewards, but without actually buffing them, and with no need to compensate anyone at all.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Kabam just come out with a brand new CARINA’S CHALLENGES already ! Thanks !