Options

Dominos sig ability question

rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 575 ★★★
Sorry if it sounds dumb but am genuinly in doubt due to the sig ability wordings. So is it like only if awakened does domino have all those crazy interactions with diff champs as a defender or is that if she is awakened she get some extra little damage during those critical failures?

I have always thought she is harmless if not awakened.

I hope my question is clear...lol🫣

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Asking this to decide if she needs a awakening gem to be an amazing defender or not.
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 697 ★★★
    rcm2017 said:

Sorry if it sounds dumb but am genuinly in doubt due to the sig ability wordings. So is it like only if awakened does domino have all those crazy interactions with diff champs as a defender or is that if she is awakened she get some extra little damage during those critical failures?

I have always thought she is harmless if not awakened.

I hope my question is clear...lol🫣

She needs high sig to be good defender yes. Unawakened domino is still annoying since the aar is still there but u can finisher at high health with anyone.
  • Options
    So she needs high sigs for that extra red number damage...right? She doesnt need awakening to be that annoying defender thingy she is famous for...right?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,394 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    rcm2017 said:

So she needs high sigs for that extra red number damage...right? She doesnt need awakening to be that annoying defender thingy she is famous for...right?

Awakened, she's very annoying and causes a modest degree of unavoidable damage. But it only scales with Base attack + Sig level, so a high Sig is required.

Unawakened she's still moderately annoying, because most of the annoyance comes from the fact that she still:
    • Can't be effectively parried, due to non-contact medium attacks
    • Reduces your Ability Accuracy for all offensive and defensive actions.
    • Reduces your critical rating
    • Can shrug off bleeds and gain power
    • When she's Lucky, she Evades a lot, and reduces Stun durations
    • When you're Unlucky, she shuts down your Evade/Dexterity
    She has a reasonable number of counters in the Tech class, now. And her Sig inflicts passive Energy damage, so anyone with high Energy resistance won't be all that impacted.

Personally, I'd save the Gem for someone like Archangel, Kitty or Magneto.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,506 ★★★★★
    The AAR comes from her base kit, the damage when an opponent’s ability fails comes from her sig ability
  • Options
    @Magrailothos and @Maratox thank u, appreciate the responses.