(For Cavalier Players) What is the biggest hurdle to you progressing to Thronebreaker?

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
Just curious within the community those who are cavalier, what is the reason you have not progressed to Thronebreaker

(For Cavalier Players) What is the biggest hurdle to you progressing to Thronebreaker? 42 votes

Roster
16%
SavageBreaker69Justcause102LeoZedBen_15455FerahgoVijay_33zernix 7 votes
Lifecycle (Act 6.2.1)
2%
BowTieJohn 1 vote
Skill
9%
hoboSceptilemaniac2Shake_a_QuakeJohny_Joestar 4 votes
Combination of above three
2%
CaptainDeadpool54 1 vote
Time
7%
Duffman98SammyDecal3bb30 3 votes
Resources
9%
EoD_BawsJ4mmy_d0dger123Rajrk91342JounaaPee 4 votes
Grandmaster Fight
42%
920MarkJinxesaxeHendo2014UsagicassidyAbspain101FrydayDoomactusDeadpoisdeadRaiderbobwillrun4adonutDarth133Tinnr95LickyTNB_FlashJoneenyoMknight123KINGBLACKSHEEPNovusNova 18 votes
Other
9%
CassyItsClobberinTimeDoctorwho13JustAGuy 4 votes

Comments

• obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 936 ★★★
    Act 6... any or all of it.
  • Johny_JoestarJohny_Joestar Member Posts: 60
    Skill
    Im stuck on 6.2.5
  • coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    The only right answer here is skill
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 701 ★★★
    For me it was medusa i was roadblocked for months
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,944 ★★★★★
    It can definitely be roster. When I went thru it I was fortunate to pull Heimdall right as I approached the Sinister boss.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

This is mostly it.

As I went through act 5 and then jumped into act 6, I could feel my skill level go up as I tried fights over and over again.

I was trying not to lose too much health in the first few fights and it upped my skill level.

I have to agree with the community too, GM fight is a problem, no matter the skill level. For first time, it's painful, it's so painful that I've completed act 7 and 8 but I'm still terrorized by that GM fight.
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Member Posts: 153 ★★
    For me I had 2 roadblocks. That Black Bolt and then Medusa fight was horrendous. Then it was pretty breezy until I got to the GM. It was just a lot of things that you can’t experience anywhere else in the game. Which is both great and problematic. My first attempt I was insistent that I was never going to complete it, I did not want to commit. Eventually I got over it with practice and got it done. But my progression has stopped again as I don’t share the opinion that many do that act 7 is fun.

Reality is the game takes practice, patience, skill, motivation and some specific counters in act 6 and beyond. You either have them or you don’t.
  • zernixzernix Member Posts: 82
    Roster
    Ace2319 said:

I think roster can be a legitimate roadblock. Like if you somehow haven’t pulled a single bleed champ good luck getting pass Medusa. I know that’s after cav but it was the first thing that came to mind
    This was my issue. I have 2 Paragon accounts and both got roadblocked at the 6.2.2 Mr Sinister boss because I had no counter.

It wasn't too long on my main and I got CCM but my alt account didn't have any options for months until I pulled the second half of the Heimdall synergy.
  • Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Member Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    Skill
    I think lifecycle comes as a pretty shocking node, that catches you off-guard. It really demotivated me to play story content. However, the senior players over here gave some real good advices, with lifecycle, and it made someone as demotivated as me, finish 6.2.1 in a single run with only 1 revive(which was also due to a silly mistake). After crossing that, i kind of got eased into the content. I dont play it out of boredom, but I'm definitely not worried to attempt it
  • CassyCassy Member Posts: 1,078 ★★★
    Other
    For me it was lazyness 😁
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    Lifecycle (Act 6.2.1)
    OGAvenger said:

You could’ve just created a thread asking for advice on how to handle the Lifecycle node..

I should have specified more that the Dormammu mini boss having lifecycle has given me the most trouble.