Options

40% Combat Power Rate Increase Means?

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,088 ★★★★★
Maybe it's just me and my eyes ... can someone clarify this? A 40% increase to my combat power rate should mean I get more power each time I strike, get hit etc right? So if a normal 5 hit combo gets me near half a full bar of power ... if increased by 40%, that same normal 5 hit combo should get me beyond that point right?

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Roughly. If your base is 100%., And your champ is rank 5, then your combat power rate is 120%. So 40% increase would out you at 160%. So that's like a 30% increase from what you would see normally.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,441 ★★★★★
    Yes, normally. Are you not seeing a difference?

If you aren't, then what's the situation? That sounds like an ability to me, so it'll still be susceptible to Ability accuracy reduction.

If you're fighting an opponent who is reducing your offensive ability Accuracy (such as Warlock, Domino, Magneto) then you won't see it work properly.
  • Options

If you aren't, then what's the situation? That sounds like an ability to me, so it'll still be susceptible to Ability accuracy reduction.

If you're fighting an opponent who is reducing your offensive ability Accuracy (such as Warlock, Domino, Magneto) then you won't see it work properly.

I don't think it works like that. Not tested it though. Once you trigger a power rate buff/ passive, it should act.

Or do you mean those that don't have any such and only are per hit basis
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,298 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

Maybe it's just me and my eyes ... can someone clarify this? A 40% increase to my combat power rate should mean I get more power each time I strike, get hit etc right? So if a normal 5 hit combo gets me near half a full bar of power ... if increased by 40%, that same normal 5 hit combo should get me beyond that point right?

Should be 40% extra. So if that gets you to half a bar, it should be 40% of a half a bar. If that makes sense.
    As per AverageDesi's example, it would be another 40% of 120%. Not 160%.
  • Options
    At least that's my understanding. Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Essentially, it's an extra 40% of whatever your Base CPR is. Not an additional 40% on top.
  • Options

At least that's my understanding. Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry mate, that's 100% wrong. Although I think you've come to that conclusion in your later comment.

Combat Power rating is additive.
    A rank 1 champion other than a seven star has 100% Combat Power rating.
    At rank 2, they have 105% Combat Power rating
    At rank 3, they have 110% Combat Power rating
    At rank 4, they have 115% Combat Power rating
    At rank 5, they have 120% Combat Power rating

A seven star starts at 120% Combat Power rating. And probably stays there, although Kabam hasn't specifically said so.

If you're using a 5/65 champion or a seven-star who is already on 120% and gains +40% combat power, then they'll increase to 160% Combat Power Rating.
  • Options

Sorry mate, that's 100% wrong. Although I think you've come to that conclusion in your later comment.

Combat Power rating is additive.
    A rank 1 champion other than a seven star has 100% Combat Power rating.
    At rank 2, they have 105% Combat Power rating
    At rank 3, they have 110% Combat Power rating
    At rank 4, they have 115% Combat Power rating
    At rank 5, they have 120% Combat Power rating

A seven star starts at 120% Combat Power rating. And probably stays there, although Kabam hasn't specifically said so.

If you're using a 5/65 champion or a seven-star who is already on 120% and gains +40% combat power, then they'll increase to 160% Combat Power Rating.
    Ah, much appreciated. It can be a bit confusing at times.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

I don't think it works like that. Not tested it though. Once you trigger a power rate buff/ passive, it should act.

I'm pretty sure that it depends on the situation, and what the extra source of power is.

I've certainly tested this in reverse: running Punisher-2099 who passively reduces the defender's combat power rating by 90%. Which is basically having a passive Suppression ability.

If you fight Magneto or Domino, you can literally see the difference hit-by-hit as some attacks grant way more power than others.

I would expect an Energise passive/buff to work the same way; but I'm very happy to be proved wrong.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure that it depends on the situation, and what the extra source of power is.

I've certainly tested this in reverse: running Punisher-2099 who passively reduces the defender's combat power rating by 90%. Which is basically having a passive Suppression ability.

If you fight Magneto or Domino, you can literally see the difference hit-by-hit as some attacks grant way more power than others.

I would expect an Energise passive/buff to work the same way; but I'm very happy to be proved wrong.
    Because most effects once triggered cannot fail. If you gain a fury buff, which increases your attack, no matter how much aar , all your attacks will deal additional damage. And similarly an energize passive/buff will increase you CPR and set it at a value which will persist regardless of aar.
  • Options

I was talking about the punisher in my last para. Basically CPR mod abilities that activate on hit can fail , same way a buff or passive can fail . But once it triggers it will be effective
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,088 ★★★★★
    great feedback thanks all. for context, i was playing Zemo 6R3 in ROL against WS ... and I mistimed an SP2 and it got me to look at his combat power rate increase while the defender is rooted.

it just didn't seem like he was gaining power any higher than normal and actually seemed as if the defender gained quite a lot more in comparison even though they suffer a 40% decrease supposedly. below 1 bar it seemed to work but when they crossed 1 bar, a five hit combo essentially sent them to a third bar pretty quickly but in comparison, Zemo's supposed increase did not do much for him at all.

i'm sure it's just me but i was looking at screens etc and his combat power rate just didn't appear to have any 40% increase.