**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

feedback on ascension timing

Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
First, I love the attempt to try to make champs last "just a little bit longer". The idea of ascension is fine... its just too late.

Will I use the feature... absolutely with free material.

But would I pay $1 to be able to ascend a 5 star Quake/Magik... No. If 5 star ascension came out a year ago when it was announced and "just waiting for 6 stars to creep to far up... absolutely. But at this point 20% to make them work like a mid-tier 6 star doesn't cut it... the ship sailed on them. Remember... this bonus is less than the bonus 6 and 7 stars get doing 7/8. Ascending a 5 star champ makes them less powerful than the other champs that also "need ascending".

Would I to take up Star Lord/other 4 stars to do any Carina's challenges I haven't done... probably... That really depends more on how much content is out there to do / whether I am bored / have items overflowing. Given all the other announcements that came at the same time... my guess is it will be a while still (which is a good thing for the game, just not for ascension).

Which just leaves us with 6 stars. The timing is right on this... and I look forward to ascending champs like Herc / other champs I didn't blink to r5 even though I could have chosen to r2 a 7 star instead... but those will be few/far between (maybe a dozen)... and TBH... if the power is doled out too slowly... then it will become too late for most of them too.

Comments

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Ascended 5* Quake ans Magik will work out well. Ascended 6* Herc is needed to smash out some R6 7*s. So it's relevant.
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 114
    I'm ascending my r4 6* sig200 darkhawk right off the bat. Is that going to help my account? Probably not, but it will make one of my favorite comic characters playable in end game content. Plus since he needs max sig I doubt I'll have a viable 7* dh anytime soon.

So I'm pretty excited for Ascension. Even if no 5* will make my starting lineup.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

I hadn’t even considered the possibility of ascending a 4* to complete some of those dumb carina challenges. Would it be worth it? Probably not. But it’s an interesting thought.

Certainly wouldn't hurt if that's what someone is going for.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Time for platpool to ascend to r6 to make that auto fight even faster.
  • Options
    gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    since i still do not have korg as a defender in battlegrounds. i'd ascend my maxed 5s korg. i do not want to waste shards on the skill mutant crystal anymore. i've wasted soo much. 😂 😭
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    Only time will tell to see how much of the tier 1 ascension dust we'll accrue as the game goes on and at what rate.

Once I've done my "favorite" 5*s or the champs I have that are best at sig 200, I will probably start ascending champs required for some of those challenges.
  • Options
    gazbeagazbea Posts: 57
    I ascended my 5* Doom

Pulled 6* Doom in my absolute next crystal…