**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is it time?

Is it time? 56 votes

Should we be able to have 6 champions a quest
16%
EliOrSomethingCropDusterCassyBeastDadSearmenisRuwqiersaArmed07UltragamerYogesh_123 9 votes
Nope, 5 is good enough
60%
Balm82GarloAaYaNAvEnGeRs123Rayven5220Colinwhitworth69PikoluHavanaknightAyden_noah1VbnmeCorkscrewErcarretSpideyFunkoGiantwalrus56Ben_15455TheParasiteJragonMaster170TheGodfather39HoitadoChiefGoatYodabolt21 34 votes
I only need 1 for herc
23%
MacmucitoFrankWhiteJounaaPeeRonSwansonGoldenSuperStaahmynutsAzenstarAshacekarSirGamesBondSparky9494hi_im_sirDUHveedhellothere372 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 713 ★★★
    Should we be able to have 6 champions a quest
    I mean i wouldnt mind 6th slot. More champs = more synergies = more fun
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 408 ★★
    Nope, 5 is good enough
    as such it is good, no need more champs since kabam has fixed the standards of 6 defenders on a path and boss, and we didnt have problems with previous acts which had 10-16 defenders in a path
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Nope, 5 is good enough
    5 Champion Slots is Perfectly Fine.

Git Gud
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,828 ★★★★★
    Nope, 5 is good enough
    I don't see any reason to add more champions unless they ramp up the challenge to an extent that a five-champ team can't handle it. I think that such a wide design would lead to a quest that is very hard to get a full picture of. One of the problems that we saw a while ago in quest design (but that I have luckily not seen as much of lately) was an overreliance on tons of different nodes that interacted in various ways, which made it very hard to figure out exactly how everything worked in the preparation stage. Often, it ended with you having to bonk your head at it for a while before figuring it out and that was quite frustrating.

I feel like adding more champions to your team would lead to something similar. Right now, you have to sacrifice at least one class whenever you enter a quest. You can't, by design, counter everything. There's an inherent limitation to what you can do in the quest, but that also lead to a similar limitation when it comes to how Kabam can design a quest. The more champions you can bring, the more diverse and sprawling the content has to be in order to challenge you. I'm not sure that's a good idea. That just sounds like a headache for players.

Additionally, I typically find the idea of restrictions more fun than additions. Figuring out a plan for how to tackle something like the EOP: Acceptance with just three champions was much more fun than if I could have just taken everyone I wanted with me.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,875 ★★★★★
    I only need 1 for herc
    The entire game would have to be rebalanced if they added a 6th slot and im sure no one trusts Kabam at all to do that