**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Striker and Champion placement seems inconsistent.

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
If I'm playing as Omega Red, I'm attacking someone and building up spores. Then I use my striker. The spores begin to fall off... so it acts as if my champion isn't there.

But if I'm attacking into, say... Mephisto or Terrax with their aura's up and I use my striker, I'm still taking damage from the auras as if my champion were right there.

What's up with this?

Comments

• Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    When you’re activating a striker, you’re technically creating distance. Which means spores will fall off unless you’ve locked them in a heavy
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023

DUHveed said:

When you’re activating a striker, you’re technically creating distance. Which means spores will fall off unless you’ve locked them in a heavy

Which I would agree with. If it were consistent.

Our strikers create distance... okay, so our opponents benefit from this distance.

Why then do our champions continue to take damage as if no distance were created? Terrax's rocks, Mephisto's flame aura, Aarkus' aura. Our champions are treated as if no distance exists, yet our opponents benefit because our strikers create distance.
    Omega reds range for his ability is likely coded as less than the champions you mentioned if this isnt a bug or something.

I'll use dexing spidermans special 1 as the go to example to say distances are weird in this game so i wouldnt be surprised if this was intentional when Omega Red came out but wasnt adjusted when strikers were introduced to account for the range when they push you back
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,559 ★★★★★
    Try using a mephisto with a striker and see if his aura still damages the opponent
  • Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    Mackey said:

Try using a mephisto with a striker and see if his aura still damages the opponent

I believe it does, I was fighting him last SQ with spider ham and used my antman striker and spiderham still took damage as if he was right next to mephisto, however OP says when he uses his striker it's as if his champion is not next to the opponent so yes it seems very inconsistent and confusing.
  • Options

Mackey said:

I believe it does, I was fighting him last SQ with spider ham and used my antman striker and spiderham still took damage as if he was right next to mephisto, however OP says when he uses his striker it's as if his champion is not next to the opponent so yes it seems very inconsistent and confusing.
    I think you've misunderstood what I mean. I mean for him to use Mephisto as an attacker with a relic binded and then enter a fight and see if the same happens. If its consistent then when his striker is active the opponent should still be taking damage from Mephisto' Aura, subject to the aura being active when he summons his striker. If it doesn't damage his opponent then it is inconsistent as he takes damage from a defending mephisto during his striker action but doesn't work for him when used as an attacker
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

I think you've misunderstood what I mean. I mean for him to use Mephisto as an attacker with a relic binded and then enter a fight and see if the same happens. If its consistent then when his striker is active the opponent should still be taking damage from Mephisto' Aura, subject to the aura being active when he summons his striker. If it doesn't damage his opponent then it is inconsistent as he takes damage from a defending mephisto during his striker action but doesn't work for him when used as an attacker
    I understood what you meant, and no, it does not damage,
    I faced Winter Soldier using my Mephisto, activated my aura with SP2 and attacked - ensured I was doing damage with the aura and then activated the aura. All damage from the aura stopped, you can also still see the aura just off screen. Yet, when the situation is reversed I still take damage.
  • Options

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

I understood what you meant, and no, it does not damage,
    I faced Winter Soldier using my Mephisto, activated my aura with SP2 and attacked - ensured I was doing damage with the aura and then activated the aura. All damage from the aura stopped, you can also still see the aura just off screen. Yet, when the situation is reversed I still take damage.
    Ahhh so yeah definitely something off there then, it should work both ways not favour the AI and punish us
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Isn't the explanation that your Striker is a different champion, but shares the same stats?

If you're Mephisto and turn into Scarlet Witch for a few seconds, of course your Aura disappears. You aren't Mephisto any more!

In the same way, of course Omega's spores fall off - Omega Red isn't there any more.

But yes, you should definitely keep taking damage during a Striker - your DoT effects don't fall off and stop causing loss of 'your' health, after all. So you shouldn't avoid passive proximity damage from Mephisto, Terrax, iAbom, etc.
  • Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

It seems I did, my bad but I saw you talking about mephisto so naturally I wanted to say what happened to me during the mephisto boss in SQ and what I said seemed relevant to the thread haha
  • Options

Isn't the explanation that your Striker is a different champion, but shares the same stats?

If you're Mephisto and turn into Scarlet Witch for a few seconds, of course your Aura disappears. You aren't Mephisto any more!

In the same way, of course Omega's spores fall off - Omega Red isn't there any more.

But yes, you should definitely keep taking damage during a Striker - your DoT effects don't fall off and stop causing loss of 'your' health, after all. So you shouldn't avoid passive proximity damage from Mephisto, Terrax, iAbom, etc.

Not talking about DoT effects like recoils, that yeah - you should keep getting. But proximity based? No.
    If the opponent benefits from distance being created by the striker, so should we.