**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My BrutalDLX write up, by an *average? Paragon

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
First off, I didn't read or study the nodes that much, so I probably could have done a better team [like Red Magneto for WS, Vision, Wolvie maybe]. However, it seemed it like a decent team. I didn't take advantage of some of the nodes [like the Wolverine fight where you can hold Heavy and the Juggs fight]

Boosted [15% Health, 15% Attack, 20% green] 4 revives used, 3 on Winter soldier and one on SW, 12 5000hp potions used

Team, all with combo extenders, aka relics:
r5 Doom [5/5 MD]
r5 Herc
r4 Warlock
r1 Heimdell
r3 Nick [5/5 deep wounds]

Winter Soldier: Herc
WS was pretty easy/basic. I used heavy/parry to build up my charges, then would throw a sp3. Next, I'd build up to a sp2, keep attacking, use my relic, and he'd almost be dead. About halfway through the run, I decided to to throw on the two cosmic boosts to make the fights go faster, I was able to take him down no problem. I did get clipped a few times. I always think I can dex his sp1 and sp2, but oops.

Juggs: Doom
I know that there were better options, but Doom seemed the safest for me. Since his sp1 is unblockable and nullifies, it just seemed like a no brainer for my playstyle. Fill up to a sp1, throw the special to knock him down. You can then parry and stun him. Then, just get to a sp3, and then MM-MLLL, sp1 and fill back up to a sp3. The sp3 doesn't do much damage, but it allows you to drain his power and stun him. It's a pretty easy doom cycle, and if you chain a heavy ever, it does big damage. Use a relic when needed.

Vision: Doom
Start off with a parry heavy to place a stagger. Then, get to a sp1. Doom cycle it. Throwing the sp1 when Vision has his prowess buffs quickly makes you reach a sp3 again. Just watch out for his synthesis. You don't want to be caught off-guard [but if you are, Heimdell can easily save the day].

Scarlet Witch: Herc
This was my favorite fight. Parry, then hold heavy for as long as possible to gain power and prowess. I could typically get 30 easily, 35if I was lucky. Rinse and repeat. If she goes unblockable from one of you crits, just have her do a medium dash and avoid it. Or dex her sp1. She never got to an sp2 before she got KO'd. If you feel comfortable doing a sp2 intercept, go for it. I personally found that after the 4th time fighting her, what was less stressful was just parry-heavy until you get to a sp3. She'll be dead either way [and she would often die from the sp1 even if I mistimed the intercept]. One time, she did power drain on a crit so I had to restart.

Wolverine: Warlock
Get infections up, then just throw sp2. I didn't do the heavy charging [I think it was this node] because it throw my timing off. You never have to worry about a sp3 from Wolvie so pretty easy.

Hulk: Fury, Herc
I'd parry, then do MLLL. You just need to watch his power so you don't put him to a sp3. Hulk cooperated very well with throwing them. His regen from hitting my block wasn't very much, and Fury's bleeds more than made up for it. If Hulk does get to a sp3 Fury can tank it. A note about Fury and Heimdell that you probably already knew, but if he gets to 0% health, Heimdells synergy kicks in when he has his LMD. It doesn't kick in when he has 0% health the second time. Just watch Hulk's rage charges when he gets close to 15. That's what killed my Fury. But no fear, because Herc finished the job. He easily outdamaged Hulk's regen on hitting block, and once it got to a sp2, Herc just enjoyed it.

I really would have liked to see how Red Mags did against Vision, WS and Wolvie. Their health seemed low enough that a consistent parrry-heavy up to sp3 would have KO'd them.

Now to do like 4,567 more fights for the 100%.

Comments

• Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★
    Knull is great for Wolverine
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★

First off, I didn't read or study the nodes that much, so I probably could have done a better team [like Red Magneto for WS, Vision, Wolvie maybe]. However, it seemed it like a decent team. I didn't take advantage of some of the nodes [like the Wolverine fight where you can hold Heavy and the Juggs fight]

Boosted [15% Health, 15% Attack, 20% green] 4 revives used, 3 on Winter soldier and one on SW, 12 5000hp potions used

Team, all with combo extenders, aka relics:
    r5 Doom [5/5 MD]
    r5 Herc
    r4 Warlock
    r1 Heimdell
    r3 Nick [5/5 deep wounds]

Winter Soldier: Herc
    WS was pretty easy/basic. I used heavy/parry to build up my charges, then would throw a sp3. Next, I'd build up to a sp2, keep attacking, use my relic, and he'd almost be dead. About halfway through the run, I decided to to throw on the two cosmic boosts to make the fights go faster, I was able to take him down no problem. I did get clipped a few times. I always think I can dex his sp1 and sp2, but oops.

Juggs: Doom
    I know that there were better options, but Doom seemed the safest for me. Since his sp1 is unblockable and nullifies, it just seemed like a no brainer for my playstyle. Fill up to a sp1, throw the special to knock him down. You can then parry and stun him. Then, just get to a sp3, and then MM-MLLL, sp1 and fill back up to a sp3. The sp3 doesn't do much damage, but it allows you to drain his power and stun him. It's a pretty easy doom cycle, and if you chain a heavy ever, it does big damage. Use a relic when needed.

Vision: Doom
    Start off with a parry heavy to place a stagger. Then, get to a sp1. Doom cycle it. Throwing the sp1 when Vision has his prowess buffs quickly makes you reach a sp3 again. Just watch out for his synthesis. You don't want to be caught off-guard [but if you are, Heimdell can easily save the day].

Scarlet Witch: Herc
    This was my favorite fight. Parry, then hold heavy for as long as possible to gain power and prowess. I could typically get 30 easily, 35if I was lucky. Rinse and repeat. If she goes unblockable from one of you crits, just have her do a medium dash and avoid it. Or dex her sp1. She never got to an sp2 before she got KO'd. If you feel comfortable doing a sp2 intercept, go for it. I personally found that after the 4th time fighting her, what was less stressful was just parry-heavy until you get to a sp3. She'll be dead either way [and she would often die from the sp1 even if I mistimed the intercept]. One time, she did power drain on a crit so I had to restart.

Wolverine: Warlock
    Get infections up, then just throw sp2. I didn't do the heavy charging [I think it was this node] because it throw my timing off. You never have to worry about a sp3 from Wolvie so pretty easy.

Hulk: Fury, Herc
    I'd parry, then do MLLL. You just need to watch his power so you don't put him to a sp3. Hulk cooperated very well with throwing them. His regen from hitting my block wasn't very much, and Fury's bleeds more than made up for it. If Hulk does get to a sp3 Fury can tank it. A note about Fury and Heimdell that you probably already knew, but if he gets to 0% health, Heimdells synergy kicks in when he has his LMD. It doesn't kick in when he has 0% health the second time. Just watch Hulk's rage charges when he gets close to 15. That's what killed my Fury. But no fear, because Herc finished the job. He easily outdamaged Hulk's regen on hitting block, and once it got to a sp2, Herc just enjoyed it.

I really would have liked to see how Red Mags did against Vision, WS and Wolvie. Their health seemed low enough that a consistent parrry-heavy up to sp3 would have KO'd them.

Now to do like 4,567 more fights for the 100%.

You need to do 222 more fights
  • Options
    AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    We actually had the same team funny enough, except I brought in Hulking in place of Heimdall, I used Herc for both WS and Juggs, Hulking for Vision (Vision's sudden power gain screwed me multiple times, which is when I'd bring in Doom.), Doom for SW and then Warlock for Wolvie to then use Nick for the Boss.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Great write up mate!

I’m thinking of bringing Ronan, Herc, Warlock, Fury and Heimdall
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Noooo. Where's masacre
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    Hey @willrun4adonut , I always look for your posts on this type of content, as I feel you're broadly in a similar space.

I did all of the lower levels first, which really helped with learning the rhythm for the fights.

I brought in R5 herc, R4 diablo, R4 mags, R2 Heimdall and R4 kingpin for hulk. Running suicides so diablo, mags and herc all heal.

Herc on WS on every fight. Similar approach to yours, but I saved infuriate for his defensive phase.

Diablo for juggs for similar reasons. With suicides, it's just so safe as you can't die and can spam specials to keep his protection down for fun of sp1 and back up to heal, very easily.

Mags for vision is basic attacks and a lot of baiting sp1s until you get to two bars of power, then heavy to sp3 and 36+ prowess and dead. Suicides helped with healing mags at the start of every fight.

Switch, I alternated between diablo with energy resist prefights and herc. Same tactic.

Wolverine, mags every fight. Most of his sp3s did 2m damage due to the fury buffs and again, mags heals slightly.

I used 1 revive on diablo and about 10 lv4 health pots to top off mags.

Now I used 4 revives on the TB difficulty, 1 on paragon and 1 on cav (as I was trying to do the whole thing in one go for each) and doing that first definitely showed me that while, for my example, herc can do juggs, if you're not used to juggs on this node combo, you can die a lot. Or that mags is just safer than medusa on vision.

So I think I'd have used a lot more revives if I hadn't done the others first and is my major tip for anyone else with average skills doing this.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★

Noooo. Where's masacre

I've been hiding from Lpoo. He always calls me out whenever I vote on a poll for someone not Masacre. Shhhh, don't tell him.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    One thing that also struck me on the criticism that this is too "Grindy" is that brutal probably only designed the last level, but that this is also the chap who parried wolverine to death with electro...

Grind is the name of the game!
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    I haven't seen one Medusa option for Vision. It was maybe even more cheesier than Ronan.
    I hope @Cat_Murdock had her time of life with her Medusa in there
  • Options
    SGbumblebeeSGbumblebee Posts: 5
    edited August 2023
    Mutant team
  • Options
    bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★
    edited August 2023
    #ignore my above comment from my old forum account.

My team was full mutant: AA, Apoc, Red mags, Prof X, Colossus.
    1) AA easily cleared WS and Juggy in few parry heavy (bait juggy's heavy and throw heavy in return to disable his immunity)
    2) Red mags one sp3 was enough to clear vision
    3) Prof X one sp3 with 300+ prowess was enough to clear SW (do parry heavy 2-3 times until prof x inflicts falter then make a distance from SW and hold heavy until u reach sp3)
    4) Apoc cleared wolvie and Hulk boss easily

First I did only path F in Chapter 1 - Paragon quest as a warm-up.
    After that, I completed Chapter 2 with only 1 revive against hulk boss (took revive bcs of my silly mistake) and then rest of the quests.

* If you do first WS fight with Apoc then you can make AA as horseman after clearing wolvie.