**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Revert back to old war system

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
Honestly this new system is just confusing.

There wasn’t an issue with how it was, also it’s hard to replace people if you’re only doing 2bgs but need everyone to get their wars in.

Comments

• Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 741 ★★★
    Just do 3 groups. Placement is permanent so you don’t need to think about it AND you can still use all your champs in any other content (except AQ). This new system is far superior.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    disagree. 2 days for attack has some benefits. they can go a long way with defensive mastery loadouts and unlocking AQ champs.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Oh hell nah you guys are not ruining this for me! This is the best thing thats ever happened to me being assigned placements
  • Options
    Schwarte said:

Officers + leaders should be given the opportunity to kick players out of the DEF.

Then the problem would be solved.

At the moment, it is rather suboptimal if you want to switch the AW players.

Tbh if they are just leeching you should kick them regardless. Thats not cool for them to do
  • Options
    Allow all alliance members to designate their defenders pool for AW. Then allow officers to go to that pool and select 5 defenders from each member and place them where needed.

We can already look at the alliance war attack and defense pools of players if they've designated them so being able to select and assign them shouldn't be too much more work.
  • Options

The only Benefit to the system I can think of, is if someone forgets to place, they are already placed.

Apart from that it’s confusing and just not ideal.

I don’t hate it, but not every alliance runs a full 30, 3BG war etc.

For those it’s probably perfect I imagine, I would of loved it maybe 2/3 years ago etc going hardcore lol

As an officer who did placements all the time before, this change has been very relieving not having to rush and do last minute changes, and not worrying about people not joining. People who dont do placements cant come to appreciate this change but its really the best change kabam has done in years. Can just log in, join war and complete everything within 48 hours and just be chilling. People also forgot to mention champs also no longer are locked in AW. This was a very rare kabam W.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    I think the update to AW was made with the best intentions but it’s been ill conceived. Even the 2 day attack phase, on the one hand it has its benefits as I don’t have to rush, but then there’s also waiting over 24 hours for a team mates to take there fights, so often having to boost far more then in previous seasons. Previous iteration of AW was far better. I’ve also not seen any of the CCP talk about it, not sure if they have an embargo on discussing AW or they have and I’ve just missed it.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

I think the update to AW was made with the best intentions but it’s been ill conceived. Even the 2 day attack phase, on the one hand it has its benefits as I don’t have to rush, but then there’s also waiting over 24 hours for a team mates to take there fights, so often having to boost far more then in previous seasons. Previous iteration of AW was far better. I’ve also not seen any of the CCP talk about it, not sure if they have an embargo on discussing AW or they have and I’ve just missed it.

Or implemented with only being partially built because of artificial Timelines
  • Options
    greyblue42greyblue42 Posts: 125
    edited August 2023

As an officer who did placements all the time before, this change has been very relieving not having to rush and do last minute changes, and not worrying about people not joining. People who dont do placements cant come to appreciate this change but its really the best change kabam has done in years. Can just log in, join war and complete everything within 48 hours and just be chilling. People also forgot to mention champs also no longer are locked in AW. This was a very rare kabam W.

Yeah well, and then Players switch their defenders without you noticing and the defenders sit on the wrong note or nodes are left completely open even though you did reshuffle them before.
    Players leave the BG without telling you and suddenly the persistent placement becomes the problem and the Attack starts soon and your defense has holes that you try to fix quickly. Rechecking ahead of the start of the Attack is definately still necessary.

PPP can be the solution and the problem - All depends on how well all players understand the changes and how they behave.

Especially with Alliances that do casual AW and have some players that only participate in a few AWs and not in all AWs you completely loose the advantage you are talking about. Not all Alliances only consist of people who know a lot about MCOC - There are casual or new players, too.

All I want to say is that the needs that are placed on the way the setup is designed can vary from Alliance to Alliance!
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    I love the fact that my champs are not locked in AW anymore and free to use for other content. This gives me much more freedom to do content, when it suits me.
  • Options
    BassanoClapperBassanoClapper Posts: 55

I love the fact that my champs are not locked in AW anymore and free to use for other content. This gives me much more freedom to do content, when it suits me.

The non-locking still applies to AQ but the whole new system is ill-conceived for a large number of us
  • Options
    CarmaJCarmaJ Posts: 19
    Please give leadership the ability to remove and move players between Battlegroups. We have people on vacation etc that didn’t remove their defenders and so that spot is taken and not used. The concept is great (no more adjusting) but not if the members aren’t moving themselves.