**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guardian triggering shock and cleanse with Zemo

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
I have videos and I don’t see how to post them here, but Guardian is randomly and incorrectly triggering his shock after Zemo’s sp1 applies disorient.

I’m not in assassin territory, so that has nothing to do with it. I’m not stunned so it can’t be pacify mastery.

Disorient is only supposed to affect defensive ability accuracy and block proficiency, so guardian shouldn’t apply shock, and there shouldn’t be anything to cleanse.

It also seems to happen sporadically during the fight thereafter.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Here are the stills from the moments the cleanse triggered. One is immediately after sp1 early in the fight. This is wrong for two reasons: 1) there’s supposed to be a 3-second delay before shock, and 2) disorient only affects defensive AA. The others? I have no idea why they activated. Screenshots are posting out of order, but they show going from 5 to 4, 4 to 3, 3 to 2 and 2 to 1

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    When Guardian's AA is reduced he applies shock. Read the champs abilities, its helps
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    There is nothing such as "defensive ability accuracy" or "defensive ability accuracy". What DAAR(Defensive ability accuracy reduction) means, is that when the champion who has a DAAR effect on them get hit, their ability accuracy gets reduced. And that means their ability accuracy as a whole. Same goes for Offensive Ability Accuracy.

If you have armours on Hulkbuster, and you use him as an attacker against a node that has masochism, you will find that masochism will occasionally fail to trigger. This is because masochism tries to trigger when the opponent tries to hit you(or hitting you) and Hulkbuster's armours have OAAR.

Same goes for Proxima preventing Masochism. And all other champs that behave like that
  • Options
    edited August 2023

There is nothing such as "defensive ability accuracy" or "defensive ability accuracy". What DAAR(Defensive ability accuracy reduction) means, is that when the champion who has a DAAR effect on them get hit, their ability accuracy gets reduced. And that means their ability accuracy as a whole. Same goes for Offensive Ability Accuracy.

If you have armours on Hulkbuster, and you use him as an attacker against a node that has masochism, you will find that masochism will occasionally fail to trigger. This is because masochism tries to trigger when the opponent tries to hit you(or hitting you) and Hulkbuster's armours have OAAR.

Same goes for Proxima preventing Masochism. And all other champs that behave like that

Guardian applies shock after 3+ seconds below 100%. Are you saying that it would trigger after every 3 seconds of being “under attack” in this case? (Edit: that the 3 seconds can build across different attack windows, as opposed to 3 straight seconds below 100%)
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Guardian applies shock after 3+ seconds below 100%. Are you saying that it would trigger after every 3 seconds of being “under attack” in this case? (Edit: that the 3 seconds can build across different attack windows, as opposed to 3 straight seconds below 100%)
    I don't think that 3 seconds counts for activation, only for reapplication. If Desi is right, then Guardians AA is being reduced every time he tries to activate a defensive ability, so the shock would be activating multiple times. It seems to be working as intended.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

I don't think that 3 seconds counts for activation, only for reapplication. If Desi is right, then Guardians AA is being reduced every time he tries to activate a defensive ability, so the shock would be activating multiple times. It seems to be working as intended.
    The shocks and cleanses applied at 20 seconds, 35 seconds, 52 seconds and 1min 5 seconds.

If it was applying and cleansing every 3 seconds I’d absolutely understand the interaction and agree. I couldn’t identify a pattern among what was happening on screen or the time intervals (20 seconds, 15, 17 and 13 second gaps)
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

The shocks and cleanses applied at 20 seconds, 35 seconds, 52 seconds and 1min 5 seconds.

If it was applying and cleansing every 3 seconds I’d absolutely understand the interaction and agree. I couldn’t identify a pattern among what was happening on screen or the time intervals (20 seconds, 15, 17 and 13 second gaps)
    I imagine it only happened when Guardian activated a Defensive ability. Check if it happens when he parries, gains force field charges, etc.

His ability accuracy is only reduced temporarily, I don't think it's even reduced for 3 seconds. It should only be applying Shock for a quick second. If you post the video to YouTube and then put the link in this thread you can show it here.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Yeah kind of. I'm not 100% sure of how many frames exactly DAAR is applied or how the 3+ seconds of Guardian is calculated. But this instant zero damage shocks also get triggered with other DAAR champs as well
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I imagine it only happened when Guardian activated a Defensive ability. Check if it happens when he parries, gains force field charges, etc.

His ability accuracy is only reduced temporarily, I don't think it's even reduced for 3 seconds. It should only be applying Shock for a quick second. If you post the video to YouTube and then put the link in this thread you can show it here.
    Thank you! Here it is.

https://youtu.be/_V5v74Cn8SQ?feature=shared
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

When Guardian's AA is reduced he applies shock. Read the champs abilities, its helps

Thanks for coming here to simultaneously have a bad attitude and be wrong. Your contribution is appreciated.

As I stated in my original post:

Disorient is only supposed to affect defensive ability accuracy and block proficiency, so guardian shouldn’t apply shock, and there shouldn’t be anything to cleanse.

I’ve added a screenshot from the game with a helpful red circle so next time you can read the champ’s abilities. It helps.

As Desi said, there really isn't such a thing as OAAR or DAAR. Even though the disorient on Zemo says DAAR, it still is just AAR. It is working correctly, if worded poorly.
  • Options

So this happens. Also the "Shock " call-out happens every 3-4 seconds which seems consistent.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

The disorient is permanent. That means that ALL of Guardians abilities are reduced permanently. Just like against Domino the shock stays on her until you remove it with an sp2.
  • Options
    Guardian’s abilities don’t say “3 consecutive seconds” so I think what we’re seeing is the shock apply after 3 seconds under attack. When I’m stalling and dexing toward the end, the triggers get close together, which would work because he’s attacking more.

I still don’t agree that it should trigger at all given that his offensively ability accuracy is 100% at all times.
  • Options

So this happens. Also the "Shock " call-out happens every 3-4 seconds which seems consistent.

This only happens when you hit him. If you stay back the call out does not happen
  • Options

This only happens when you hit him. If you stay back the call out does not happen
    Thanks. So basically the game uses OAAR and DAAR as shorthand terms and they aren’t separate values in the game, which is causing the interaction here?

So as Guardian’s abilities are written, it shouldn’t happen. As the game is coded, it does happen. It certainly makes for a fun surprise getting rooted in the middle node on the war map.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

That means that ALL of Guardians abilities are reduced permanently.
    I don't see how that would be the case. Offensive abilities still work just fine when Disorient is active. From what Desi said, it seems the activation of defensive abilities is what causes the overall AAR. No ability should be permanently reduced while Disorient is active.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I don't see how that would be the case. Offensive abilities still work just fine when Disorient is active. From what Desi said, it seems the activation of defensive abilities is what causes the overall AAR. No ability should be permanently reduced while Disorient is active.
    Yup . Only when hitting or getting hit
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

So it’s notable to me that the two instances of this triggering are passive AAR - hulkbuster and zemo.

I tried to replicate this with Nick Fury looping SP1 against Guardian and attacking aggressively in between. I never received a shock.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

That's not how it works against Domino. You can dash back stay idle and she will get a shock without hitting her, blocking her or getting hit. I think this is just another example of poor wording from Kabam.

He applies shocks when he AA is reduced. It's that simple. He has always worked this way.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

That's not how it works against Domino. You can dash back stay idle and she will get a shock without hitting her, blocking her or getting hit. I think this is just another example of poor wording from Kabam.

He applies shocks when he AA is reduced. It's that simple. He has always worked this way.
    Domino's AAR isn't defensive, that's why hers work's different.

And no, it's not that simple.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

You two hours ago: “read the description, smart guy”

You now: “this is an example of a poorly written description”

A truly remarkable turn of events.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

So it’s notable to me that the two instances of this triggering are passive AAR - hulkbuster and zemo.

I tried to replicate this with Nick Fury looping SP1 against Guardian and attacking aggressively in between. I never received a shock.

• Options
    Sheck
  • Options

Sheck

Yeah, I tested it myself and Nick is definitely getting shocks, but it seems pretty inconsistent
  • Options

TyEdge said:

Thanks for coming here to simultaneously have a bad attitude and be wrong. Your contribution is appreciated.

As I stated in my original post:

I’ve added a screenshot from the game with a helpful red circle so next time you can read the champ’s abilities. It helps.

As Desi said, there really isn't such a thing as OAAR or DAAR. Even though the disorient on Zemo says DAAR, it still is just AAR. It is working correctly, if worded poorly.
    I also said that 2 hours ago....
  • Options

TyEdge said:

Did it actually apply the debuff or do damage? You got the shock call out but it doesn’t appear that you ever actually got shocked (at least in this photo; I know a video can show more).

The issue as it relates to zemo is that the cleanse charges lead to a root when they’re exhausted. This significantly changes the fight, especially if the application of the shocks is uneven or unpredictable, which it seems to be.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Did it actually apply the debuff or do damage?

It does apply the debuff, but it doesn't do damage. It's just an incredibly short duration, so the debuff doesn't show up at the top. It's the same way Angela works when she has enough buffs with her awakened ability.

I do agree that the shocks seem unpredictable. I tried it and Nick was getting shocks even without activating any defensive abilities, or at least none that I could tell.
  • Options
    Here’s the video of masacre getting a similar result: shock callouts but never a shock debuff or damage.

If that’s right, it’s because his ability accuracy returns to normal when he’s not under attack. Still, the cleanse charges triggering immediately for Zemo is what’s causing Guardian to be rooted, and I don’t think the fight should play that way, though I understand the mechanics being discussed here and how we’ve ended up where we are. If Zemo’s cleanse applied after .4 seconds or something, the issue wouldn’t exist.

https://youtu.be/QAaQ97jAIeE?feature=shared