Node root different than attacker root

Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
While playing incursions I was caught by surprise when a root node kept the special lock on Hyperion when he got to 3 bars. The recent root change was supposed to allow rooted defenders to throw their SP3. When I did a practice fight with Kraven to test it, the defender was able to throw a SP3 to get out of the root.

In my incursions fight, Hyperion’s power gain got him to 3 full bars but the root kept the special lock on and he wasn’t able to throw his SP3 until the root expired and came off.

There’s nothing in the node description to indicate this node based root is any different than Kraven’s root but it seems to be working slightly different.

Comments

• AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    They probably just changed the code for these 3 champs & didn't even think about the nodes
  • ZekirZekir Member Posts: 155 ★★
    edited August 2023
    It's not the first time a mechanic has been changed, and the nodes ignored. We probably won't see a change to this as it isn't an immediate concern anymore.

Champs can't break the game, they're player controlled. Nodes can break the game, they're not player controlled.