Concern's about Cap's Enlistment

CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
Revisiting the live stream and listening to the phrasing I have concerns that to realize any meaningful rewards i.e. primordial dust for ascension, I will have to leave my current alliance even though I've played with the same guys for years.

Team Player solo event in August was kind of a mess for competitive alliances when it first launched, and this sounds like this is the reverse where passive alliances could be punished. If you're in a retirement alliance, where there are 5 or 6 active accounts, if rewards tied to alliance milestones it may not be possible to hit them.

This is conjecture as it still open as to how you will collect the different resources/currencies of the event. I clear map 6 by myself and consistently clear about 20 fights in AW across main and alt. Highly active players could end up being punished because they choose to surround themselves with chill friends. TLDR mentioned in the stream was "bringing people together" and "engage positively with each other".... this is the kind of thing that could do the oppositive if not structured correctly.

I would rather a) not leave an alliance with long time teammates or b) forcibly encouraging them to play in modes they don't want to. I would like to earn these rewards off my own back. Further clarity over what dropped in the live stream would be appreciated.

Comments

• DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 590 ★★★
    Dude my ally is so laid back but are my best friends for over a year now. We literally don’t do aq and barely get by doing aw. If they truly want you to leave to get good rewards then just skip em
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    I have similar worries with my alliance of adults. we all have jobs and don't take it too seriously. We do 6/5/2 and run one BG war.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

It does very much seem like a "Be in an extremely active alliance to get these rewards if not then too bad" which sucks because they're trying to force players to like you said abandon their alliances or force members to do things they don't want to do possibly making them want to leave

I get the impression it's the opposite. If the alliance does anything you will get all rewards. Even if it map 1 stone war and a trivial amount of battlegrounds. If you are in an alliance where 25 people do nothing I'm not sure how you expect to get alliance based participation awards.
  • Go_ToGo_To Member Posts: 317 ★★★
    I’m blessed to be a fun group who’s still competitive but I can see where this could be frustrating for people. Hopefully it’s more inclusive to semi active alliances and I will withhold judgment until we get more news, however I’m not overly optimistic
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★

If you are in an alliance where 25 people do nothing I'm not sure how you expect to get alliance based participation awards.

I think it's more common than people realize that there is a core group in casual alliances that does everything and then the majority are drifters or almost entirely passive. This core group aren't lazy, they just don't want a bunch of mismatched personalities trying to push and pull the alliance in different directions. They get the job done - just at their own pace.

This event could encourage you to recruit hard or leave for your first ascension. Or simply miss out, which is an option. If Kabam's aim was to bring people together, how they structure accumulation of currency is going to be critical otherwise more might break up than band together.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,422 ★★★★★
    I recall on the livestream they said just participation was needed, not effort.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★

I recall on the livestream they said just participation was needed, not effort.

A lot of people equate participation and effort to be the same thing - some players might consider participation to be - only placing defenders and not attacking,
    - joining AQ and only giving energy
    - tanking a ton of BG fights

This is often more than the drifters usually do. So now if they have to do fights, win matches - this kind of participation requires effort. One player's active day is another player's bare minimum.

And the question remains... is it your personal participation that matters or are you principally reliant on the participation of others.