Options

Open discussion about Battleground scores

Hello everybody,

It has happened to me several times that the person I am against does not manage to finish his fight while I do, but wins anyway,yes i understand it's important to finish with a higher health total but whereas against nick fury for example he does not even fight the second life but pause that's not really fair no ? What how about adding extra points if the defender is dead ?

i would love to knows you guys opinion on this

Open discussion about Battleground scores 25 votes

yes we should have more points for killing the opponent defender
40%
MasterSmokeJosh51700Doom_and_GloomSCP1504MR_61088SkyLord7000SearmenisLickyDrago_von_DragoArmageddøn 10 votes
No score are good like this
60%
Ackbar67PikoluGreekhitItsClobberinTimeBen_15455JounaaPeeTheGodfather39Yodabolt21RuwqiersaWozzle007JustAGuyJarvisreiDevelopedPanda0AlphaNeymar10JustWantTheRewards 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    OxygeN610OxygeN610 Posts: 49

The time bonus is already extra points you get for beating the defender. You don't get a time bonus at all if you fail to finish the fight.

i agree, but imagine taking a really hard fight, manage to pull it off, but you loose a lot of health, against someone who just pause the game while enough damage as been done without killing the defender ? they could win just with higher health without bonus points because of the time
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    OxygeN610 said:

The time bonus is already extra points you get for beating the defender. You don't get a time bonus at all if you fail to finish the fight.

i agree, but imagine taking a really hard fight, manage to pull it off, but you loose a lot of health, against someone who just pause the game while enough damage as been done without killing the defender ? they could win just with higher health without bonus points because of the time
    That all depends on how much damage you've both dealt and how much you've both taken, it's impossible to say exactly how fair that fight is. The way I see it, if health is the most important factor, then that's what you should be going for. It's completely fair if the opponent prioritized health knowing that was the most important aspect and won because of it. This means nuking champions down carelessly just isn't an option anymore unless you're absolutely sure you can finish the fight quickly. I very often take full combos to the face with Longshot and still win, simply because I'm 100% sure I can nuke the fight in 40 seconds or less.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★
    OxygeN610 said:

Pausing shows a lack of sportsmanship and skill, but I think people bring up pausing more times than it actually helps someone win. I've never lost when I see someone pause, mostly because the lack of points you get from pausing means the other person really has to screw up for pausing to be effective
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

OxygeN610 said:

Pausing shows a lack of sportsmanship and skill, but I think people bring up pausing more times than it actually helps someone win. I've never lost when I see someone pause, mostly because the lack of points you get from pausing means the other person really has to screw up for pausing to be effective
    With current nodes expecting to win with less than 15k points is really dumb.
    Anyone who lost against someone who paused, really is full responsible for losing.
    If you can’t score 15k points to beat a coward, then it’s on you.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,519 ★★★★★
    It is unfortunate but that only happens at lower skill levels. So as your skill improves you will beat those people who do that easily.

Actually the higher in ranking you get the more respectful the players are. With the exception of beroman who constantly rerolls to gain an advantage even though the top players besides him don't do that. Of course towards the end of this season he is going to cause everyone in celestial to have to spend money/units to reroll because of the stakes at the top.