Resource Heavy Content - Reviving old content

RumondoRumondo Member Posts: 6
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
I've 100%ed all story content (except Act 6 because it's still not worth the effort) and I've been revisiting some Everest content and working through Carina's challenges.

I run the apothecary and complete the 22 hour challenges every day so that's 2 revives a day. I had a stock of revives from before the revive farm change. I've now depleted my stash after re-running Grandmaster's Gauntlet twice 15 revives once, 12 revives second time and completing 1 of the 3rd set of Carina's challenges (Eternity of Pain Spiderverse - so many revives). As an aside, there's now no way for new players to build up revive stashes to begin with.

Now that there is no longer a way in the game to collect revives and potions, what are players supposed to do to clear content like Carina's Challenge or Eternity of Pain? Carina's challenges have restrictions that protect them from the power creep and new champs instituted so even though they've been around a while they continue to present a relevant challenge but the rewards are now irrelevant. One of the unique things of MCOC is the challenge some of the Everest content presents that requires planning, time and skill but there's no longer a reward to match the sense of accomplishment for completing it.

Here is some of the in-game content that has no relevance from a reward standpoint without even considering the resource cost.

1. Labyrinth - Rewards are outdated for current progress level AND without access to revives would be careless for new players to attempt this content.
2. Abyss - Rewards are outdated compared to chapter 8 rewards for content harder than chapter 8. There's zero reason for current players to attempt the Carina's challenges associated with it.
3. Carina's Volume 1 - Cyclops Challenge, Loki Challenge, 4 star labyrinth challenges- Those challenges are impossible without huge number of revives (20-50). That's weeks of revive farming to complete a challenge that grants alpha 2 and T5Basic...
4. Carina's Volume 2 - 3 Abyss Challenges- Insane for a current player to spend the resources on them.

Solution:

1. Content that's restricted to be more difficult than story mode should have rewards that scale above story mode rewards (Abyss, Labryinth, Eternity of Pain)
2. If the goal is to eliminate revive farming, then content doesn't need restrictions that force revives over skill (i.e. fighting the collector with 3 stars). Either adjust the challenges so they can be completed with skill rather than resources or provide a way for players to collect revives through a grind.
3. Add revives into the top 5 arena milestones.
4. Add a revive drop to Hulk in RoL

This provides a way for players to grind out for revives but without being able to autorun for 20+ revives a day.

Comments

• Ben5926Ben5926 Member Posts: 37
    DRTO said:

lmao why am I just now realizing that the apothecary has been released, did it release this month?

MONTHS ago
  • RumondoRumondo Member Posts: 6
    DRTO said:

lmao why am I just now realizing that the apothecary has been released, did it release this month?

4 months? You've probably missed 120 revives out of it give or take (so 2 Carina's challenges)
  • DRTODRTO Member Posts: 1,649 ★★★★★
    Rumondo said:

DRTO said:

4 months? You've probably missed 120 revives out of it give or take (so 2 Carina's challenges)
    lol all this time, although tbf I probably wouldn't have done them anyway
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    You can buy revives for units you know. It's what we had to do in the early days of the game. I'm sure that's what kabaam wanted to get back to, though I don't think it will work.