Dr strange nullifying Adam Warlock sovereign buff

Pics of Strange nullifying Adams buff (which should be immune to it). I tested it against Omega Sentinel (who is immune to nullify) and Strange was unable to remove her armors.

I took Adam against BWCV and she could NOT nullify it on contact too.

I know wording is "Counterspell" but could we add clarification to to confirm it IS a nullify?

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★
    Dr Stranges Counterspell ability is not a nullify, fate seal, stagger or neutralize. It’s a totally separate ability that has nothing to do with nullify , etc…
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,264 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Morgan Freeman narrator: "It was indeed NOT a nullify"
    (honestly just let doctor strange have this ONE thing please)
  • LordZenithLordZenith Member Posts: 19
    @World Eater But it interacts that way with Omega Sentinel.... That is my issue, is the contradictory behavior.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    He's not wrong.

Adam Warlock's sovereignty buff specifically states that it can't be nullified.

Dr. Strange's counterspell should not be a nullify, but it works as though it's coded that way.

In this instance I'd be more for having counterspell work against Omega Sentinel than having Adam Warlock be immune to it.
  • LordZenithLordZenith Member Posts: 19
    @World Eater And just tested, Hulkling (his indestructible went passive when "nullified by DS"), Civil Warrior (immune), and Galan (immune)).... Sooo it definitely is coded as nullify. Just probably because Adam is new