Options

Taking Vox for a spin in 8.2

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,780 ★★★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
I was lucky enough to pull a 7* Vox recently and I decided to take him out for a little spin in 8.2. He was great for one regular fight and an absolute cheese option for another.

First the one he did really well in: the Celestial Vision path in 8.2.5. It has basically the same nodes as a regular Cosmic chapter in the EQ. Every ten hits in your combo, you get faltered. To combat this, you have a chance to gain a vigilance buff for every unique buff on you. Since Vox has a ton of buffs, this was never a problem. Additionally, you gain a passive fury whenever the opponent's miss is prevented.

Vox is just an amazing option. Normally you'd want to build up your damage by throwing a special attack to inflict degen, then throw another special to convert those degen debuffs into buffs on yourself, and then use a third special to inflict even more degens on the opponent. Rinse and repeat. However, Vox only needed a single special attack to knock down this 550K HP War Machine. Toward the end, the degen ticked for about 65K damage per second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGGLFBzGyq0

The next fight was one where I went in hoping to showcase the cycle I failed to show in the above clip. Here, the Stacking Power node prevents you from gaining power through any means. Instead, you gain 20% of a bar of power whenever you gain a buff. Well, Vox gains a ton of buffs. In fact, Vox gains so many buffs that I was just chain-throwing SP3s towards the end. The reason for this is that the SP3 converts all of the buffs on you into corrupted intensity buffs. This led to Vox getting a full SP3 worth of power whenever I threw an SP3. After a while, this started doing a ton of damage since the SP3 deals additional damage per corrupted intensity buff on Vox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzQweHdD-js

All in all, I really like Vox. They are a cool champion.

Comments