Options

Legends tittle (please read)

2»

Comments

• Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 288 ★★
    @PT_99 in regards to what?? Ur comment makes no sense to the post. Nobody is complaining about the cost from back then or now…
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre I actually got it back then with an android… also… how is it different?? Get ur act together… know who u bring because u could mess up and ur up against a clock…. Yeah u could finish it but if someone else did it faster….. cya. Tons and tons of ppl falling shy and close like arena results lol. With incursions. … I’ll be back tomorrow to finish. No rush. I just need to revive 29 times (example for some) and power thru (no skill) to kill the boss. I mean for kabam… more money spent. Anyways..
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,915 ★★★★★
    The frame is the same the titles are not...
    Not sure of the point OP is trying to make though, I beliece 25 rooms is a lot harder than exploring low lvl EQ.
  • Options
    @Dirty_Dozz I agree with you. Except that since everyone had the champs to do it … but only a few amount of ppl would win it…. “””assuming””” everyone had iPhones…. There was still a level of competition and ways to move faster than others. Again, I didn’t use the iPhone back then and got it. All I’m saying is there should be a way to differentiate the two titles. Earned two very different ways…
  • Options
    @Therome I hope u don’t have a rough life where u feel accused and walk around feeling like ppl are pointing a finger at you all the time…. Must be hard to feel that way…… Ur post bro 😂…. The “iPhone guy spoke”. I do have an iPhone now…. I didn’t back then and I didn’t even have a 6* Corvus rank 3. Ask before u assume all ur “facts”. U look like an absolute ignorant. I do agree with one thing tho. Getting that title is very easy now days. True… as far as back in the day. Other folks ran it with blade and other champs. Some got it with an android … some didn’t. OG tittle that’s it. Never said better than the current tittle but to show or represent it differently.
  • Options
    @BringPopcorn it’s not about completing east EQ bro… or what u had. (Not an iPhone user back then) and only certain amount top ppl with the best time could get it.

Let’s put in perspective that those doing it now….. once completed…. Kabam will check in and see the top 100 that did it (level 25 incursions)with the least revives and NOW WERE talking. Some folks spending rent money to get it done with the least skill. Playing east EQ didn’t require skill but it needed focus and determination… only the folks with the best time earned it…. EARNED IT…. Not BOUGHT it …. 😂
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,915 ★★★★★
    __SF__ said:

@BringPopcorn it’s not about completing east EQ bro… or what u had. (Not an iPhone user back then) and only certain amount top ppl with the best time could get it.

Let’s put in perspective that those doing it now….. once completed…. Kabam will check in and see the top 100 that did it (level 25 incursions)with the least revives and NOW WERE talking. Some folks spending rent money to get it done with the least skill. Playing east EQ didn’t require skill but it needed focus and determination… only the folks with the best time earned it…. EARNED IT…. Not BOUGHT it …. 😂

Yeah I understand in a way, but that's like saying people don't deserve progression levels cause acts 1-6 have been nerfed.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Agree with that @BringPopcorn that’s why all I asked was a way where the badge showed differently or different color. That’s it. #OG
  • Options
    Tim_pharmdTim_pharmd Posts: 8
    I got my Legends title in Sept 2021 out of sheer boredom. Had nothing better to do, so I grabbed Corvus and 40 energy refills and spent 3:10 of my life in EQ.
    The Legends title I got from Incursions definitely feels more "earned" than the one from mindlessly tapping in EQ.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,826 ★★★★★

Wtf is a legends "tittle"?

I love legendary tittles
    Same......same 🤣
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Just throwing this out there, I think it would be cool if instead of just getting to zone 25, it would be trying to get the highest zone you can get with a limit of items used and the top 100 get the title. It's similar to the old runs but without the time limit and lack of skill needed.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Seems like a whole lot of nothing
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    edited September 2023
    __SF__ said:

@Demonzfyre I actually got it back then with an android… also… how is it different?? Get ur act together… know who u bring because u could mess up and ur up against a clock…. Yeah u could finish it but if someone else did it faster….. cya. Tons and tons of ppl falling shy and close like arena results lol. With incursions. … I’ll be back tomorrow to finish. No rush. I just need to revive 29 times (example for some) and power thru (no skill) to kill the boss. I mean for kabam… more money spent. Anyways..

Incursions at least had an item limit per room, not sure it's still there though. Not sure how that's much more skill than finishing every fight in 1 combo with a r4 corvus either way though.

I imagine fights weren't done in 1 combo when you did it? So loading screens weren't the majority of the time? When you got it I'm sure it was a test of skill, but now the make of your phone makes up a bigger proportion of the total run time.

Like all things in game, the value of a legend title has depreciated massively since BrutalDLX first beat ROL. Get a mythic title if you want a cool badge you can't get with 0 skill and either an apple phone and a corvus or a thousand units and a Herc.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,168 ★★★★★

__SF__ said:

Incursions at least had an item limit per room, not sure it's still there though. Not sure how that's much more skill than finishing every fight in 1 combo with a r4 corvus either way though.

I imagine fights weren't done in 1 combo when you did it? So loading screens weren't the majority of the time? When you got it I'm sure it was a test of skill, but now the make of your phone makes up a bigger proportion of the total run time.

Like all things in game, the value of a legend title has depreciated massively since BrutalDLX first beat ROL. Get a mythic title if you want a cool badge you can't get with 0 skill and either an apple phone and a corvus or a thousand units and a Herc.
    This right here. Complaining about how a legends title is earned these days is plain ludacris. Especially compared to how it was originally earned.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I love legendary tittles
    Same......same 🤣
    Guys, legendary things are usually... pretty old...
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    How is this even worth an argument? What exactly do you gain from the "Legend" title? The title gains you nada. And as we can see from this discussion, it isn't even a guarantee of additional respect.
    So ultimately it is just an ego thing.
    How you get it is a pointless and meaningless as the title itself.
  • Options
    StantonaStantona Posts: 108
    I have no idea what this post is about, I just found myself counting how many times 'Tittle' was used :D
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,511 ★★★★★
    Stantona said:

I have no idea what this post is about, I just found myself counting how many times 'Tittle' was used :D

How many?
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I now have 4 Legends titles IIRC. The two from Incursions where I could take my time and re-set if I got bad hacks were by far the easiest. Not even close.

I had tried for a while to get one before finally getting it from the 6.2 Champion (6.1 and a few Celeb challenges). It took about a week to 100% and that was a real accomplishment with the gates and limited 6* availability. I got another one for 6.3.

When you are playing other people for the tithe, not just completing the content, it's 100% harder. IMO, the titles from incursions should be different as it's not a competition to earn.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    if you think the incursions legend title needs to be separated from the others,
    fine,
    i get that. make a different colour banner, diff colour title.
    thats fine.
    i get that.

but why do you think monthly eq speed run deserves to be the same as those that speedrun the newest story acts?
    they would also have to be separated.
    speedrunning the newest story acts does certainly require skill
    speedrunning the monthly EQ however, any potato with a hit monkey and suicides can do that if they could be bothered.
    its not a show of skill but just a show of who can be bothered.

so separate all types or separate none
  • Options
    Asim38Asim38 Posts: 136
    edited September 2023

I love legendary tittles
    Is that an uppercase 'i'?
  • Options
    @Ironman3000 100000000%
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

if you think the incursions legend title needs to be separated from the others,
    fine,
    i get that. make a different colour banner, diff colour title.
    thats fine.
    i get that.

but why do you think monthly eq speed run deserves to be the same as those that speedrun the newest story acts?
    they would also have to be separated.
    speedrunning the newest story acts does certainly require skill
    speedrunning the monthly EQ however, any potato with a hit monkey and suicides can do that if they could be bothered.
    its not a show of skill but just a show of who can be bothered.

so separate all types or separate none

Because you have to beat other players to get the speed run titles. They don't give it to everyone who can complete those two EQs in a 4 week span as they did for Incursions.
  • Options
    LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    You can believe the incursions legends title doesn't take skill or whatever (I disagree, but you can believe it). That doesn't matter though because the legends title before was never a test of skill. It was all about blasting through the easy EQs of heroic and master with a fully boosted, fully recoil'd Ghost or Corvus. Even if you used something other than an iPhone (a fact I seriously doubt, the load times are miles apart and that alone adds 20-30 minutes to the total run), a legends run before is just button mashing for 3 hours against incredibly easy opponents. There's nothing valuable about that, let alone being more valuable than fighting through 25 rooms in incursions.
  • Options
    Ericson23Ericson23 Posts: 115
    Good idea