**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG matchmaking is a mockery

As the title states, BG matchmaking is an outright mockery. I have dozens upon dozens of matches picked for me where I stand zero chance of winning: my opponent has a roster full of 18-25k pi champions, while I still have mostly r2 six stars and a lot of 5 stars on mine with around 10-14k pi. Most of my opponents hold Legend titles, and their rosters are half 7*

To add to the issue, BG is the only mode of gameplay that still holds some entertainment and progression value in this game. As a returning player, I fell completely locked out of: a) the only entertaining game mode with high replayability; b) of rewards, as I simply can not win 3 fights in 2 days despite finding 15-20 matches every single day - I don’t stand a chance.

This leads to me being unable to rank up my champs to r4 and finally get Paragon, despite having done act 7 completion mostly with my old 2020 roster quite easily. Which in its way blocks me out of even more rewards. I initially thought “hey, it seems like fun, maybe I should drop some cash on mcoc again and see where it takes me”, but now I don’t see a point in doing anything when I’m being fully roadblocked in my progression.

So all together - BG matchmaking in its current state is completely non-functional. I’m stuck in diamond 2-3 and can’t even do my dailies to slowly grind for catalysts. Arena is cancer, AQ and AW have poor rewards, story content takes too much time, and getting any meaningful rewards from EQ takes countless hours. Will this ever be fixed? Prolly no. Or maybe it will, but by that time I’ll be done and gone.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    So in short, you hit your ceiling for where you're at in the game and are mad about it?
  • Options
    TelmaraelTelmarael Posts: 40
    edited September 2023
    ahmynuts said:

So in short, you hit your ceiling for where you're at in the game and are mad about it?

yeah, cuz there are too few options to progress. And unfortunately I came back after the July 4th deals, so I can’t event buy myself extra catalysts I’d need for quick progress

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Why do you deserve to win when there are players that much bigger than you in the same tier?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    The Matches will get harder as you go up. Diamond is a reasonable Tier to see this in.
  • Options

Why do you deserve to win when there are players that much bigger than you in the same tier?

Why do I not deserve to get matched against players of equal power rating to mine (who are evidently there) for the purpose of completing daily tasks?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,048 ★★★★★
    Telmarael said:

Why do I not deserve to get matched against players of equal power rating to mine (who are evidently there) for the purpose of completing daily tasks?
    Because it's a competition?
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 287 ★★★
    Telmarael said:

ahmynuts said:

yeah, cuz there are too few options to progress. And unfortunately I came back after the July 4th deals, so I can’t event buy myself extra catalysts I’d need for quick progress

Do act 8. Most people who got paragon had to complete act 8 to get rank up resources. As you climb higher on battle ground the more harder it’s gonna get. It’s just how the competitive nature of the mode is. You could even explore act 7 or 8.1 and 8.2 to get those resources. Other then that just wait till this season ends if you feel you hit a wall.

With act 8.1 and 8.2 alone you could get two r4 champs. It just sounds like you want a easy way to get the things you want.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Lol, kt was right, even the names of forum warriors match up. Yeah, there is nothing wrong with the game - it’s the greedy ungrateful players who are wrong. The responses here have cracked me up, byes
  • Options
    Lokx said:

Telmarael said:

ahmynuts said:

Do act 8. Most people who got paragon had to complete act 8 to get rank up resources. As you climb higher on battle ground the more harder it’s gonna get. It’s just how the competitive nature of the mode is. You could even explore act 7 or 8.1 and 8.2 to get those resources. Other then that just wait till this season ends if you feel you hit a wall.

With act 8.1 and 8.2 alone you could get two r4 champs. It just sounds like you want a easy way to get the things you want.

I’ll try, thanks.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Telmarael said:

Lol, kt was right, even the names of forum warriors match up.

I like how a Cav who hasn't done much, and doesn't understand what a competition is, quotes one of the strongest players in the game to defend his arguments.
  • Options
    Telmarael said:

This isn't kindergarten where everyone gets a participation trophy.
  • Options

Telmarael said:

I like how a Cav who hasn't done much, and doesn't understand what a competition is, quotes one of the strongest players in the game to defend his arguments.
    You have to get past act6 to complete act 7, which is tb, not cav. Thank you
  • Options

Telmarael said:

Yeah sure, I hope they pay you well!
  • Options
    Telmarael said:

Telmarael said:

Yeah sure, I hope they pay you well!
    Who's 'they'?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Telmarael said:

Telmarael said:

You have to get past act6 to complete act 7, which is tb, not cav. Thank you
    You are a TB with 5* on your deck, man you are way behind