**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Next Featured 6* crystal

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
So, this is all assuming Iron Man takes up a slot in the next featured, as the pattern so far has been to include the two new champions released each month. For this purpose, Iron Man is effectively "September release champion" either #1 or #2.

I love the Iron Man rework and have said so since day one.
I honestly hope Kabam continues with this program, even if it ends up being only once or twice a year.

But I can't help feel a little "robbed" when I consider the upcoming featured crystal as there will only be five new champions and it's not like they will have an increased pull chance.

I understand this rework makes Iron Man (quite frankly) better than a number of other champions and I would be one of the people who say his new kit makes him comparable to a new champion. But as someone who hordes for the featured crystal and goes for the new champions, that doesn't change the fact that getting him from the next featured crystal would still feel like a miss.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being an agitator here and picking something over nothing, but I thought I would voice my thought on it.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    Hard disagree. He's basically am entirely new champion and I think he should be treated like one and not a miss. I have him duped already so I get that it wouldn't feel as good to pull him. But definitely not a miss, especially if he needs the sigs
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Ever stop to think that the champs in October November etc are still the ones they add to get to 6 and leave iron man as an older champ?
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 205 ★★
    edited September 2023
    Another disagree. He’s a completely new champ and that you/we already have him is a massive win. My feeling is he will and should be in the next featured and if he’s as good as he seems to be, it won’t be a bad feeling pulling him.

Like you I hope this approach is successful and we see more opportunities like this down the line.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    They'll have six FCs plus Ironman in the next crystal.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Ever stop to think that the champs in October November etc are still the ones they add to get to 6 and leave iron man as an older champ?

No. Because the pattern for the featured has always been pretty clear - which means the next featured will include

2nd July Champion (Kindred)
    1st August Champion (Photon)
    2nd August Champion (Vox)
    1st September Champion (Iron Man - listed as 1st here because he's already in the pool)
    2nd September Champion (Gladiator)
    1st October Champion (Werewolf/Morbius)

September has Gladiator being released and the Iron Man rework, which Kabam has said they'd like this to be considered along the lines of a new champion - which is fair because it's a complete overhaul. But this is the first time a complete overhaul has taken place of a brand new champion.

Now, Morbius is being given away through the Victory track - another HUGE win from Kabam tbh. But this works out to having one fewer "new" champion in the featured and for some people, potentially two.

I'm kind of happy that the overall tone of response to this thread seems to indicate that you all hard disagree though, that actually makes me feel a little better and realize I'm just nit picking over nothing. @ahmynuts kind of nailed it, he'd feel a bit bad since he already has the champion and has him awoken but not a complete miss. Alright, thanks.