**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Ai supposed to be able to parry my heavy [Not A Bug]

Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
edited November 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Vanquishing blow event so I'm using heavies, don't usually use them so no idea if this is working as intended but I went to heavy hit agent venom, in arena, using magneto, resist and parry both came up and it stunned me.seems wierd they can parry a heavy attack but that may just be my opinion, anyone?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Yes its possible. Very annoying.
  • Options
    NEUROPLEXUSNEUROPLEXUS Posts: 92
    if its in arena the that person has a mastery for resisting heavys. they may have been in aw or something......or just didnt know what a good mastery is. but yeah if it resists simultaneously with a "well timed block" youll get parried
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Guess that answers that, thanks guys. funny this vanquishing blow event makes you play different styles, I ditched heavies from my game years ago, except for when I'm unstoppable or with Phoenix when they're parried and even then I can't bring myself to r5 her its just an annoying fight technique
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    NEUROPLEXUS is right, in the Vanquishing blow event yesterday where I was grinding arena and quest and doing the HEAVY event at the same time, out of approximately 250-300 matches, I think I encountered probably 20-ish RESIST (in cyan color) that resisted my heavy, and I think I encountered a handful (luckily) of well-timed block from the AI (partially due to my own poor timing to attack as well) that PARRY me. It is annoying, but as long as it happened once in awhile, and NOT on 2 successive arena fight then it won't risk me loosing the infinity streak.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    You will find this in AW and in arenas where you are playing against AI champs equipped with masteries. Specifically, Parry and Stand Your Ground. You won't encounter this when playing the Kang/Thanos teams in arena because they do not have masteries.

With a maxed SYG, you have a 50% chance to resist a block-breaking heavy attack. Combine that with a well-timed block (Parry), you can parry the AI heavy attacks half the time.

Heavy attacks are easy enough to evade then counter, so I don't bother flipping the coin to attempt a parry. Because the AI tends to attack when I attempt a heavy, I'll only do one if they are stunned or if I can intercept their dash attack.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Speeds80. I hope the previous comments were able to help clear this up, but please let me know if you're still having concerns about this. Thanks!