**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Why do you keep claiming that relics are rewards?

How can you say that you’re “updating rewards”, when the only thing added to to 90% of the tiers is relics and relics only? Where are the posts of people saying “we need more relics”? When was it decided that relics were what the entire player base wanted more than anything? If there are people craving only relics, fine, but there are also a large number of people that don’t want them at all, so why not add other things that they would consider to be rewards, like more shards or rank up materials?

Comments

• Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★

So... I'm going to say something that I've been in denial about for a little while now.

I'm pretty confident there might be a relic requirement as part of the next progression level.

We've all sort of collectively agreed that it will involve at least one R3 7* and a story mode completion, but I'm feeling a dread that Relics will be involved somehow. So while I've been very much against them forcing relics upon us, if I follow the next logical progression of them forcing relics upon us, it would be to have relics as an aspect of the next progression title.

I say take the relic rewards and be happy.

Excuse me while I take the day off the Forum when that's announced. Hahaha.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-Relic. I just think that will be a busy day.
    I mean, I pray I'm wrong... but... yeah
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 695 ★★★
    !iloverelics
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I refuse to consider adding relic shards as a "buff" to Platinum tier rewards, & so does everyone else in my alliance & other P1 alliances where I have connections.
    Platinum 1 does not fall too far away in terms of competition when compared to Master 20, but the rewards do not reflect that.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    I don't understand the fact that if they really wanna introduce relics everywhere (which they did ) , why still there is a shortage of relics iso or embers whatever you call it . Many players are bot interested in relics rewards unless it gices a 6 star relics . Anything below that is a shame.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    I wouldn't mind relics if ranking them up required completely separate resources than champs. As long as they require gold, I will never choose ranking up a relic over ranking up a new champ. In the meantime, I'll continue to use them unranked and exclusively as combo extenders.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,606 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    They are awesome! 4* Venom relic increased damage to my 7* Venom a lot! 5* Black Panther relic for NF/Hit-Monkey and 5* Black Widow awakaned relic for Kingpin is just incredible combo! I was very sceptical about relics but they are great addition to the game. You get new champ you like and you can not only rank him up, awaken , sig up but also equip relic to make you favourite champ even better. More stuff to do with your champs.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    AMS94 said:

I refuse to consider adding relic shards as a "buff" to Platinum tier rewards, & so does everyone else in my alliance & other P1 alliances where I have connections.
    Platinum 1 does not fall too far away in terms of competition when compared to Master 20, but the rewards do not reflect that.

oh well.
    you can refuse to consider it all you want but that does not change the fact that it is.
    kabam consider it so and thats all there is to it.

just because you don't like it, does not make it so.

i refuse to consider speeding a traffic offence......
    too bad the cops still give me speeding fines......
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 366 ★★★

So... I'm going to say something that I've been in denial about for a little while now.

I'm pretty confident there might be a relic requirement as part of the next progression level.

We've all sort of collectively agreed that it will involve at least one R3 7* and a story mode completion, but I'm feeling a dread that Relics will be involved somehow. So while I've been very much against them forcing relics upon us, if I follow the next logical progression of them forcing relics upon us, it would be to have relics as an aspect of the next progression title.

I say take the relic rewards and be happy.

Please no. Personally, I only see usefulness of relics by using them as combo extenders, so I haven't prioritized getting relic Shards (I think I only have one 5* relic, and a bunch of 3/4). If it ends up something like "You need 1 R3 7* and two R2 6* Relics", I'll be boned.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,651 ★★★★★
    Count me in too as someone who has no idea what it takes to rank up whatever part of a relic and what it does.

I just do it when it tells me I can.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I was looking for a boost in the t6cc at the platinum lvls because we still don’t have enough ways of getting any real amount off t6c and only the top alliances had the most access to that and now have even more.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    So, this thread has actually provided some great constructive feedback regarding relics.
    The resources needed to rank them, their involvement in the game, our excitement and understanding (or lack there of...)

Kabam puts so much effort in hyping up new champions. Deep Dives, content creators exploring and testing them, arenas where we can get them through grinding. There's feedback on the forums, discussion, discovery. Absolutely none of that happens with Relics. They're put in the game and that's it. I get it, they're not much more than combo extenders, but if you actually want us to be excited about relics then make the effort to show us why we should be. Where's the deep dive discussing the benefits of binding a relic to one champion over another? Or discussing how to effectively collect rank up materials? I get it you can't do a deep dive in the same sense because not all relics have little easter eggs, but do something other than just plop them in the game and then be surprised that we're not super psyched.

New champions give us something to be excited about, there's discovery involved. Relics are just... there.

Yes, they've been put on an indefinite hold while you sort things out - but this would actually be a great time to have a ton of community engagement revolving around relics. Forum discussions, a live stream or two, content creators doing a focus on them.

They're beautifully designed. They're expensive to rank and often come at the expense of ranking champions - who are far more valuable. They're not horribly inaccessible, but they're also not accessible (if that makes sense). They have many intended utility benefits, but they're effectively just combo extenders.

Kabam keeps saying they want us to be excited about relics, but saying that over and over again won't make it true. Having Kabam Jax go on live stream and repeat "If you're not excited about relics, you should be!" over and over doesn't actually provide any information as to WHY we should be and the fact that he makes that statement over and over but then just... trails off, kind of suggests that he might not know why either.

Convince us. Put in the effort to actually promote relics as well as you promote a new champion, otherwise they're always going to be considered a secondary/tertiary aspect of this game.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,334 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I could say the same thing about Gold - Kabam keeps claiming gold is a valid reward, and I say I never dip below 80 million gold so it is not a reward.

They are rewards, just not rewards that (most) players care about.

The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that the amount of relic rewards seems ridiculously tiny. You only get 500 6-star relic shards for completing the highest level from the SQ. It is hard to get excited about having 5% of something. Couple that with the confusing relic ranking system and how people don't even have enough to rank up relics even a single rank, and the whole system seems more trouble than it is worth.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,334 ★★★★
    edited September 2023

Convince us. Put in the effort to actually promote relics as well as you promote a new champion, otherwise they're always going to be considered a secondary/tertiary aspect of this game.

What is interesting is that Kabam has put a lot of work in a short time, to get players excited about 7-stars.
    This includes a special quest with rewards that will potentially help you get more 7-stars. This has been followed up by having Community votes on who the next 7-stars should be entering the crystal. This is yet again followed up by events and objectives that help you get more 7-stars.

In contrast, Relics were just thrown into random EQ lane nodes. There is not 'special' reward to get excited about using them; rather the only reward is that the fight is no longer a slog compared to not using relics.

They could have done a lot more marketing for rolling out Relics to encourage players. Have a Relic-themed Shooting Stars quest. Have a month long event where you gain points for using Relics and get rewards that help you get more Relics. Have a "Paragon" relic crystal where you have a rare shot at getting 6-star relics. Have a vote on Relic champion additions. On, and on and on.