Summoner’s Sigil is in desperate need of an update

MattyBMattyB Member Posts: 2

An open letter to Kabam,
First and foremost I’d like to give you a verbal high five on creating a fun, challenging, and at times a near addictive gaming experience with MCOC. Like many players out there I’ve been playing for years. I have the 8 year profile pic to prove it. There’s so many aspects of the game that I really do enjoy. Battlegrounds is new and refreshing. Alliance War is still fun. AQ, monthly quests, and harder gauntlet style content. Plenty to do in this game. And you seem to be open to the players suggestions of updating the rewards in all of these game modes.

However, something I can no longer justify is continuing to purchase the Summoner’s Sigil. I’ve been paying $9.99 every month for years. And perhaps it has been updated before, and I really don’t want to speak for others, but for myself I just think it’s long overdue for an update. It used to feel good getting some rewards that helped me progress my account but those days are long gone now. It’s such a small amount of materials now since the rewards for completing content have seen multiple updates. I know I’m not giving exact numbers here but I basically pay $10 a month for 300 units, 2,400 6* shards, some 5* shards, a few 6* sig stone crystals, and an outdated option to exchange some of my materials for other materials. Zero 7* shards in sight.

Many, many of the players have accounts that are just beyond this. The Summoner’s Sigil no longer actually helps us in any way. Again, I don’t want to speak for other players but for me I’ve just been on auto-pilot as far as paying for it every month. I should’ve quit purchasing that a while back.

So, I’m not quitting the game or anything. You’re not losing a summoner. You’re just losing a customer. My Sigil expired today and until the “rewards” or whatever you guys call what we get for buying the Sigil are updated to where they actually matter again, I wont be buying. But if or hopefully when this is updated I’ll be happy to be a returning customer.

Thank you for creating a game that I still love playing even after 8 years!

MattyB_THV

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,600 ★★★★★
    Absolutely agree. Adding one exclusive 7* champion (the incursions treatment method), as it was teased in the livestream, won't certainly do.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 463 ★★★
    Gogi said:

Everything regarding Sigil store needs to be revamped and buffed and not in small quantities. When you pay for a service you need to feel the worth, there is nothing you get in return.
    You can debate extra capacity but not really, it's not worth the price.

Eh, it's definitely more valuable when you're not level 60 already. Increased EXP gain, increased energy refresh (I think it's 1 every 3 minutes instead of every 5 minutes), plus the store. But once you're max level, the EXP and energy is basically moot, and the store is subpar.

I also used to buy the Sigil every month, but once I got 6* Sigil Witch, I stopped, as it just wasn't worth it.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★

Gogi said:

Everything regarding Sigil store needs to be revamped and buffed and not in small quantities. When you pay for a service you need to feel the worth, there is nothing you get in return.
    You can debate extra capacity but not really, it's not worth the price.

Eh, it's definitely more valuable when you're not level 60 already. Increased EXP gain, increased energy refresh (I think it's 1 every 3 minutes instead of every 5 minutes), plus the store. But once you're max level, the EXP and energy is basically moot, and the store is subpar.

I also used to buy the Sigil every month, but once I got 6* Sigil Witch, I stopped, as it just wasn't worth it.
    Energy is once every 5 minutes as opposed to the usual 6, so that's 2 extra every hour
  • RocksTwin89RocksTwin89 Member Posts: 2
    I highly highly agree! I’ve been doing the same, laying $9.99, for some years now and nothing has changed in terms of advancement of adds based on story mode progress. I’ve finally progressed for Paragon title this year and last was TB, so I was hoping that since monthly rewards are changed based on story progression, that the Sigil should be too. Especially since this is a monthly “subscription “ in sense.

Thank you MattyB for bringing up a good point here. It is definitely something that should also be addressed.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,824 ★★★★★
    Free sigil arena where?

• Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I love the express mode, but I asked about an update to the sigil store last year.
    There's effectively nothing for me to spend my sigil credits on.
  • HollowKisameHollowKisame Member Posts: 40
    Agreed. They just updated store again and now instead of 18 sigil credits, before that being I think 25 sigil credits per week, it's 12 sigil credits and 12 greater sigil credits. Greater sigil credits only used to buy a 7* sigil witch currently.
  • HollowKisameHollowKisame Member Posts: 40

Agreed, the only thing I basically really use the Sigil for nowadays is the increased inventory cap for catalysts and such(and the units are nice)

But I agree the weekly objective is in need of some tuning, and matbe even moreso the Black ISO Market. Let us trade in revives for higher level ones, give us way to get 7* shards or T6CC even if just a tiny bit.

I'd love a 7* Sigil witch although It's probably too early for them to release that

But at this moment I'm just waiting and holding on to my Credits because there isn't really anything in the store I'd spend them on, atleast let us buy a featured 6* from the credits

They just updated for that 7* witch. Not in a great way unfortunately
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,979 ★★★★★

Agreed, the only thing I basically really use the Sigil for nowadays is the increased inventory cap for catalysts and such(and the units are nice)

But I agree the weekly objective is in need of some tuning, and matbe even moreso the Black ISO Market. Let us trade in revives for higher level ones, give us way to get 7* shards or T6CC even if just a tiny bit.

I'd love a 7* Sigil witch although It's probably too early for them to release that

But at this moment I'm just waiting and holding on to my Credits because there isn't really anything in the store I'd spend them on, atleast let us buy a featured 6* from the credits

They just updated for that 7* witch. Not in a great way unfortunately
    For upper end players shifting or shifted to 7* champs and R5 materials for a select group of 6*’s, the Sigil doesn’t really provide value. Units, I suppose are good, as are the trickle of 6* stones and the ability to get ISO from dupes. But solo crystal shards are silly, as are PHCs and lower end cats. At a minimum, there could be rare 1* champs, or revives or even small amounts of T6b/T3a. Like a lot of similar MCOC things, it feels stuck in neutral.

I can imagine a $14.99 Sigil that solves all that for Valiants alone and it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see that coming soon.

Dr. Zola
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Outdated at not worth the money.
  • MacleojMacleoj Member Posts: 4

• MacleojMacleoj Member Posts: 4
    Got 241 sigil credits last week, been waiting for this week to get the additional 24 sigil credits but look what i've got, just 12, so where's the other 12 credits? Supposed to be 24 credits every week.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    edited June 18
    Idk why Kabam is not focusing on sigil, it's the guarented 10$ money they get from countless summoners.
    Maybe whales are dishing out rapid cash that the measly 10$ is meh 🥲

Edit: it's 9 months old post, still no update 💀
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,979 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Idk why Kabam is not focusing on sigil, it's the guarented 10$ money they get from countless summoners.

Perhaps it gets a glow up with the recent change in daily events.

Dr. Zola
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

They make it hard to support them tbh.
  • DanxorDanxor Member Posts: 113 ★★
    Interesting to see this thread necroed when we are less than a week out of cashing in for 7* Sigil Witches.