Gladiator BUFF Concept

My newest buff concept...this time for Gladiator! The main changes are; the ability to gain Confidence by using Heavy, blocking and using Special Attacks, Massive Fury for Ultra mode, new immunities, several additions to specific modes, and much, much more.

Basic Attacks:
- Light critical hits have an 80% chance of inflicting an Armor Break debuff on the opponent, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 935.87 for 4 seconds.
- Medium hits cannot be Evaded and Auto-Blocked.
- Medium's critical hits have a 70% chance to inflict a Rupture debuff on the opponent, dealing 3140 physical damage over 4 seconds.

Heavy Attack (1 Hit):
Gladiator performs a powerful punch that stuns the enemy.
- Charging a Heavy Attack after landing a non-combo ending basic attack inflicts a Passive Stun for 0.60 seconds.
- On hit while the opponent has less than 2 bars of power, inflict a non-stacking 30% Intimidate debuff for 2 seconds. This Intimidate is paused for 0.20 seconds each time Gladiator dashes forward, strikes the opponent, or hits their block.

Special 1 “Blue Shift” (4 Hits):
After freezing the opponent with his frost breath, Gladiator shatters them with a devastating punch.
- On activation, Gladiator gains Unstoppable buff for 6 seconds, which is paused until the end of Special Attacks.
- Each freeze air hit applies a debuff to Coldsnap that deals 4175 energy damage over 12 seconds. However, when in Super Confident mode or higher, his Coldsnaps are turned into Frostbite debuffs. As a defender, Coldsnaps/Frostbite can be inflicted by an opponent's block with their potential reduced by 35%.

Special 2 “Red Shift” (6 Hits):
Gladiator sends his opponents flying, and then strafes them with his eye beams.
- On activation Gladiator gains Vigilance buff for 20 seconds preventing Gladiator from Missing, which is paused until the end of the Special Attacks.
- Each hit from Gladiator's laser eyes applies the Incinerate debuff to the opponent, dealing 8995 energy damage over 12 seconds. As a defender, Incinerate/Nova Flame can be inflicted by an opponent's block with reduced potential by 35%.

Special 3 “Limit Breaker” (5 Hits):
The opponent is uppercut into deep space and taken for a brief tour of the Battlerealm.
- This attack increases the Confidence buff limit by 4, once per fight.
- This attack Passively Stuns the opponent for 6 seconds.
- Gladiator gains the Power Gain buff, giving him 100% of his Power Bar over 5 seconds.

Passive Abilities:
- Confidence Buffs: Confidence Buffs are indefinite and have a base potency of 8% to increase Gladiator's Attack and Armor Rating. Potency is increased by +1% flat when fighting on a Final Boss Node. New Confidence Buffs cannot be gained while at the Confidence Limit (24). When striking the opponent with a Heavy Attack, gain 2 Confidence buffs. When landing a Light or Medium Attack on the Opponent or their Block while they are suffering from Gladiator's personal Intimidate Debuff, gain 1 Confidence buff. Gladiator can gain Confidence charges by blocking the opponent's Special Attacks. Last hit of Gladiator's Special Attack grants +3 Confidence buffs. As a defender, gain 1 Confidence buff every 2 seconds. Being knocked down by a Special Attack pauses this for 8 seconds. When struck by any attack other than the final hit of a Special Attack, remove 1 Confidence Buff. When struck by the final hit of a Special Attack, remove 4 Confidence buffs per level of the Special. This removal will not trigger while Gladiator is Unstoppable.
- Super Confidence: Gladiator enters this mode when having 12 or more Confidence buffs. On Special Attack activation, gain an Embolden Passive for 5 seconds granting Gladiator immunity to Nullify,Stagger and Fate Seal effects. This buff can be paused until the end of the Special Attack. Striking the opponent with a Heavy Attack grants an Unblockable Buff for 4 seconds, paused during Gladiator's Special Attacks and cooldown lasts 5 seconds. While benefiting from an Unblockable buff, Heavy and Special Attacks deal an additional 90% of the damage recently dealt as a burst of physical damage. Gladiator in this mode, is Stun Immune if he's in this mode or higher.
- Ultra Confidence: Gladiator enters this mode when having 24 Confidence buffs. Personal Unstoppable buffs are paused during the opponent's Special Attacks. While attacking the opponent within striking distance during or immediately after their Special Attacks, incoming damage from hits is reduced by 80% and basic attacks deal bursts of 9245 Physical Damage. Gladiator in this mode is becoming immune to all Weakness, Exhaustion and Fatigue effects. Ultra Confidence is permanent, which means that Confidence buffs in this mode are not possible to remove.

Sig Ability - Even Further Beyond:
- Winning a fight as an Attacker with more than 49.9% Health adds 4 to Gladiator's Persistent Confidence limit, max out at the 8 charges. When starting a fight, increase Confidence limit by that value.
- If Gladiator's health drops below 20%, he gains Regen, restoring 5%-30% of his health over 10 seconds (depending on Signature Ability Level).
- Gladiator gains indefinite Fury Passive increasing his Attack Rating, debuff potency and physical burst damage by 50%-150% when entering Ultra Confident mode for the rest of the fight (depending on his Signature Ability Level).
- While benefiting from a personal Vigilance effect, all hits deal Passive True Damage and the opponent's Armor Up effects suffer 100.50% reduced Ability Accuracy.
- Freeze air and eye beams attacks cannot be Evaded or Auto-Blocked by the opponent thanks to True Strike buff.

Always Active - Stronian Physiology:
- Strontian physiology grants 200% increased Ability Accuracy to personal Buffs, plus Immunity to Poison, Coldsnap, Frostbite, Slow, Heal Block, Reverse Control, Power Drain and Power Burn effects.

Comments

• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,325 ★★★★★
    Rupture? Really?
  • BartekTymoczkoBartekTymoczko Member Posts: 307 ★★

Rupture? Really?

Physical damage, he was kinda like bone/skull crusher, soooo...why not?
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,325 ★★★★★

Rupture? Really?

Idk isn't Rupture more associated with animal like champs or claw attacks and stuff?

Rupture? Really?

Idk isn't Rupture more associated with animal like champs or claw attacks and stuff?
    I mean, yes, it's true. But for example. Rupture is also imposed by Captain Sam Wilson, Spot, or Jessica Jones.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    First of all, I'm unable to offer any judgement on whether your suggestions are good or bad because I have absolutely zero experience with Gladiator as a champion (other than fighting him).

Second, I think we should let people get their hands on him for a while before we talk about a possible rebalance.

Third, this post was really hard to read. Since I don't know how his kit looks, it's really hard to decipher what's just his standard abilities and what are your suggestions.

Fourth, the one change that I did see is that you want to increase the potency of his Confidence buffs from 3 to 8%. That's a huge increase in both attack and armor rating. I don't know exactly how many Confidence buffs Gladiator can max out at since he has various ways to increase the cap, but at the very least it seems to be 24 (the standard cap) + 8 (from his sig ability), so 32. That means that Gladiator, as he is now, would get (at least) a 96% boost to attack and armor rating when fully ramped up.

Meanwhile, your Gladiator would get a whooping 256% boost to both his attack and armor rating. The idea to then give him an additional 150% passive fury on top of that is...a lot. You're basically giving him +300% attack and +150% armor rating compared to how he is now. Those kinds of numbers would make Groot a top cosmic champion. While I haven't played around with Gladiator, I doubt he needs that much more juice.

To sum things up, I think we need to play around with him more before coming up with any suggestions. We need to know where his actual weaknesses lies and what his actual strengths are. I think it's too quick to judge him just yet.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,887 ★★★★★
    Isn't it a little soon?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

Isn't it a little soon?

It is but we're also talking about a community that literally posted buff Gladiator threads an hour after he was released.

Isn't it a little soon?

It is but we're also talking about a community that literally posted buff Gladiator threads an hour after he was released.
    Yep. Agree.