**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG matchmaking after it got “tuned”

2»

Comments

• Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 705 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    Jarvisrei said:

Ruwqiersa said:

MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

Fix the fact that these two accounts deemed to be well matched by the game

You shouldn't even be in d1...

Just be happy
    I see people saying this a lot? What does this mean? Who are you or how you decide what thay player deserves?
    I think it's fairly obvious? Not understanding this is what leads to posts like this. A player with 10k prestige ( example) cannot expect to matched up with another 10k prestige account in diamond 1. Why? Cuz diamond is a league where most of the paragon who doesn't want to grind much stays at and the match up doesn't see your prestige.

Yall expect to keep pushing up in ranks and reach GC and be a top ranked player while your roster is far below the others in the same rank or something?
    But you just said the same thing that the op is complaining about? He also says there is paragons that causes unfair matches at that level and you say he should be happy to be there cuz there is paragons at that level? How does that make sense? Guy just wants a matchmaking that values skill more than roster difference thats it
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,366 ★★★★

If they didn't belong there, they wouldn't make it past the Plat drop-off.

Not necessarily true, with cash you can get to GC with almost any account … just use Shields every single match. Sooner or later you‘ll win and progress.

Will look like u modded hardcore, but is possible as Whale.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,366 ★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Jarvisrei said:

Ruwqiersa said:

MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

Just be happy
    I see people saying this a lot? What does this mean? Who are you or how you decide what thay player deserves?
    I think it's fairly obvious? Not understanding this is what leads to posts like this. A player with 10k prestige ( example) cannot expect to matched up with another 10k prestige account in diamond 1. Why? Cuz diamond is a league where most of the paragon who doesn't want to grind much stays at and the match up doesn't see your prestige.

Yall expect to keep pushing up in ranks and reach GC and be a top ranked player while your roster is far below the others in the same rank or something?
    But you just said the same thing that the op is complaining about? He also says there is paragons that causes unfair matches at that level and you say he should be happy to be there cuz there is paragons at that level? How does that make sense? Guy just wants a matchmaking that values skill more than roster difference thats it
    You all have swapped the topic again, this is about adding an Unranked Mode actually. He only wants to play against equal Accounts and not progress further in GC.

Matchmaking will always match you with people from the same Tier, nothing else would make sense, so yeah.
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 265 ★★★
    Meshari said:

MiniMF said:

Meshari said:

Just be happy
    But you see.. I am in diamond1…
    Maybe that's what devs should really fix
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

If they didn't belong there, they wouldn't make it past the Plat drop-off.

Not necessarily true, with cash you can get to GC with almost any account … just use Shields every single match. Sooner or later you‘ll win and progress.

Will look like u modded hardcore, but is possible as Whale.
    I'd wager no one to very few people are actually doing that.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    Especially a whale. They don't hang around the VT.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,745 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Part of the disconnect, I think, is that the lower tiers of GC are currently littered with low, sub-1M rated accounts (some very low)—much lower than the OP.

How they got there is anyone’s guess, but it creates the impression that any sized account can make it to GC.

If the current structure was described by Kabam Jax accurately, then there’s really no way dozens of these lower accounts can make it to GC. And that’s not a problem—accounts that barely have enough champs to fill out a deck, or accounts who’s profile champs comprise 5-10% of their entire rating, aren’t developed enough to make the run all the way through VT.

Dr. Zola

I think a good number of them are "allegedly" modders. Some are just good Players running Alts. Which is entirely deceptive. I've come across a number.
    That is possible, but I don’t think we would be seeing the numbers we currently see. This isn’t just a few accounts hitting GC.

In another thread, you commented on the effect of roster size/depth/breadth on competitiveness. I don’t remember the full argument, but roster is a significant factor. Not bragging, but I doubt there’s a single account under 1M that would be competitive with rosters comparable to mine over the course of VT/GC, regardless of skill level.

I’ve played with and seen some terrific players in the past nine years, but the firepower of 5* champs on attack and defense simply cannot keep up with the statistical advantage of higher rarity champs in the hands of a decently skilled opponent.

All of which should make anyone who takes BGs seriously want the team to take a serious look.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,451 ★★★★★
    Here we go again