**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Bgs - ko bonus

Who else is sick of ko ing an opponent only to be defeated cause the other person timed out and had a lot of health. If you KO a champ you should auto win against a non ko fight.

Thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    drewtrivdrewtriv Posts: 103
    Yeah but not really. There are way too many times you lose when you ko a champ and they don’t. I think it’s fundamentally flawed
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    Nah, get good and don't get hit
  • Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 415 ★★★
    Rules are same for everyone
    Get good or hit uninstall
  • Options
    It’s a suggestion. You have no idea who I am or how I play the game. Such unbelievable hostility
  • Options
    So rocky gets hit a **** ton of times has almost no health left and then lands a lucky series of punches and kos the opponent. Who won?
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    different sport. different rules. different goals.

you are talking about boxing, where the primary aim is to get a KO, everything else only matters if the KO does not happen.
    that is not the case here. and nor should it be.
    much different when you need to physically withstand a beating.
    being able to physically withstand a beating is a skill in its own right.

MCOC is a game where as much as you want to get a KO you also want to take as little damage as possible. that is something that is consistent across every aspect of the game.
    there is no skill to be had or shown by getting beat up.
  • Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 415 ★★★
    Bg is not about ko ing the opponent it is to get more score than your opponent does,hope this helps
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    drewtriv said:

So rocky gets hit a **** ton of times has almost no health left and then lands a lucky series of punches and kos the opponent. Who won?

@rockykoston ? Yeah the other dude wins
  • Options
    I’ve just never seen a 1 v 1 where you can lose if you ko your opponent. I understand what bgs are I just saying what they should be. But I guess people like the way it is.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    I'm with you. The scoring feels off.
  • Options

Arena V2 lesgooo
  • Options

Arena V2 lesgooo
    When I KO the opponent 40 seconds faster than the other guy, and lose because they have 10% more Health, that's garbage.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Arena V2 lesgooo
    When I KO the opponent 40 seconds faster than the other guy, and lose because they have 10% more Health, that's garbage.
    Right... what the scoring metric you propose? I'm assuming you give importance to Health Left, Health Taken, as well as Time taken right?

And we both agree that if you die, you do not get any points for time left because dying faster than the opponent should not make you eligible to gain any points.

What proportions of points would you use For health left, health taken and time left? Right now it is

15:30:10
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Arena V2 lesgooo
    Thats different, thats due to the changes to the Time points, (which I dislike) but thats not the OP point
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Arena V2 lesgooo
    Thats different, thats due to the changes to the Time points, (which I dislike) but thats not the OP point
    Well yes, I think it was fine the way it was. My point was I agree that the scoring is off. Which is why I said that.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    As many have already stated: The bonus points for KOing an opponent is the time score you get. Yes, there are a few fringe scenarios where the scoring feels off. But it's so much better than what it previously was.

They might make additional tweaks. This is a game mode that's clearly important to them, a large portion of the player-base. I'm sure they want it to feel just as perfect as possible. But even a small tweak in scoring can drastically impact an entire season. Gradual changes are best in cases like these.
  • Options
    Yeah, I disagree. It's not better than it was.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★

The way it was made all of the BG metas meaningless. There was no actual point to any of them because all of the fights were a nuke fest. Defeat the opponent as fast as you can, don't worry about your health. That would result in you winning 9/10 if you could defeat the opponent faster.

This way, you actually have an opportunity to beat the opponent, even if you take an extra twenty seconds. If your health is max but your opponent has 2%? Yes, you may have been slower, but you fought better than they did. You should be rewarded for that.

Similarly, if they knocked out the opponent but you didn't? They get rewarded for that from the time bonus.

Someone timing out with full health won't even get a full 45k. If someone's health and time score combined with the 30k they get from knocking out an opponent can't surpass 45k that's not a scoring issue.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    Do you have a screen shot of the fight. I'm curious as to how much is the health discrepancy and time. BG isn't about KOing the other opponent as most have stated, it's a about who did a better job in the match. Everyone knows how the scoring system works and if you don't there's a tap that informs you how it works. I do notice that we the recent scoring tweak, there is less of this kind of post, so something is working.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

drewtriv said:

@rockykoston ? Yeah the other dude wins
    Tag??

Rules are rules, every game/sport has it's own scoring.
    KO doesn't always mean a win at mcoc.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

The way it was made all of the BG metas meaningless. There was no actual point to any of them because all of the fights were a nuke fest. Defeat the opponent as fast as you can, don't worry about your health. That would result in you winning 9/10 if you could defeat the opponent faster.

This way, you actually have an opportunity to beat the opponent, even if you take an extra twenty seconds. If your health is max but your opponent has 2%? Yes, you may have been slower, but you fought better than they did. You should be rewarded for that.

Similarly, if they knocked out the opponent but you didn't? They get rewarded for that from the time bonus.

Someone timing out with full health won't even get a full 45k. If someone's health and time score combined with the 30k they get from knocking out an opponent can't surpass 45k that's not a scoring issue.
    Don't worry about your Health was an exaggeration. You had 3 factors, and they mattered equally. Which meant, if you were smarter with your counter choices, you were rewarded as well. Not just a Dex and Intercept contest.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,226 ★★★★★
    KO bonus is remaining time points that you get.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure you won a few rounds that way too, and didn't come to the forums asking "who else is sick and tired of winning by health even if the opponent KO my defender"
  • Options
    I've been against the scoring changes since they were made, but thanks for the argument.
  • Options
    People have been against everything about BGs for a while. Scoring, rewards, matchmaking, win/loss system, nodes, defender multipliers. Maybe its not their cup of tea.
    Everyone plays under the same exact rules not sure what the problem is.
  • Options
    Here we are, once again. Someone gives an opinion on BGs and you jump in to argue it.
    It doesn't matter if everyone has the same rules or not. That applies no matter what changes they make. People are allowed to disagree with something without being trolled.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Its a discussion forum, I disagree with OP's statement, not sure why you get agitated at all.
    Its a discussion forum, not a suggestion box. Discussions also include arguments.
    This scoring mode is based on skill and not nuking.
  • Options
    I'm cool as a cucumber. I'm just over the same efforts to rile people in these discussions. It's getting old.