Options

The new Incursions is too difficult for average players

TenInchPianistTenInchPianist Posts: 41
edited October 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Please don't vote disagree just because you're too good to find it as difficult as an averagely skilled player might.

I'm tier 3 in Incursions and a pretty average player in general.

Incursions featuring Ultron as boss was challenging, but it was very enjoyable and reaching zone 10 in sector 4 was difficult but it could be done with a teammate on your skill level.

Incursions featuring Doctor Doom as boss was a bit harder, you probably wouldn't reach zone 10 in sector 4 as often.

The current Incursions is probably twice as difficult.

Even though i use attack boost, champion boost, health boost and two class boosts at the same time, i can hardly even finish zone 5 in sector 4.

In past Incursions the bosses would be the ones with overkill nodes and defenders would get difficult nodes in zone 7 and above, but now every other defender has nodes already from zone 3 and above that gives them regeneration or knockout block or damage reduction or something that makes it harder to beat them than it was to beat Ultron when he was a boss.

This has drastically reduced the enjoyment and has instead been replaced with frustration.

Why did you guys make Incursions so difficult? Please go back to how it was when Ultron was boss, at least for us average players in tier 3/4.

I want to be able to enjoy this game mode again, it used to be one of my favorites but now i avoid it more and more.

Comments

• Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    if you want to enjoy, play in lower difficulty.. I dont think its getting harder and its even more easier than before when we used to have boos nodes that counted only for 4 rounds. Witht the boosts staying forever it makes it so much easier, even zone 25 in sector 6 becomes easier (ther are still nodes combo that are impossible to get throught but its rare). You should basically jsut focus on grinding and leveling good incursion champ such as hercules, angela etc....

You should learn how to fight certain nodes also, the damage protection nodes aren't that hard to counter, just knock / intercept the defenders are kinda basics of the game. If you have trouble with these i'd just recommend to play lower sectors and get used to it.. practice is key
  • Options
    MiniMF said:

if you want to enjoy, play in lower difficulty.. I dont think its getting harder and its even more easier than before when we used to have boos nodes that counted only for 4 rounds. Witht the boosts staying forever it makes it so much easier, even zone 25 in sector 6 becomes easier (ther are still nodes combo that are impossible to get throught but its rare). You should basically jsut focus on grinding and leveling good incursion champ such as hercules, angela etc....

You should learn how to fight certain nodes also, the damage protection nodes aren't that hard to counter, just knock / intercept the defenders are kinda basics of the game. If you have trouble with these i'd just recommend to play lower sectors and get used to it.. practice is key

Wow, if you're able to reach zone 25 in sector 6 then you are absolutely not an average player and have no idea about the struggles i'm talking about.

And as for playing lower difficulties, that's not possible. Sure, i can play sector 3, but almost all of the zone bonuses in sector 4 and 5 are unreachable and those sectors are too difficult now.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,258 ★★★★★
    I call myself an average Paragon at best and I found this one the easiest ever by far. I only used two revives and normally it's 7-12. They're even eliminated some of the harder nodes (selective timestream) and harder defenders (duped Domino) that were present in the other incursions that you listed.

The attack boosts great, and the hacks that stay forever are even better, both of which the previous incursions you've mentioned lack. You may want to look at the hacks you're getting and make sure you're selecting ones that combine well.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★★

MiniMF said:

Wow, if you're able to reach zone 25 in sector 6 then you are absolutely not an average player and have no idea about the struggles i'm talking about.

And as for playing lower difficulties, that's not possible. Sure, i can play sector 3, but almost all of the zone bonuses in sector 4 and 5 are unreachable and those sectors are too difficult now.
    This is what I have been saying with the constant nerfs of early story content and how it is so easy to get very high rarity/rank champs in today's game. Players don't develop the skill necessary. I'm not sure how kabaam can fix this, but giving new players easy access to 6 and 7* champs, while at the same time making content so much easier is just making an entire segment of the population not good enough to compete with old school players.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

I call myself an average Paragon at best and I found this one the easiest ever by far. I only used two revives and normally it's 7-12. They're even eliminated some of the harder nodes (selective timestream) and harder defenders (duped Domino) that were present in the other incursions that you listed.

The attack boosts great, and the hacks that stay forever are even better, both of which the previous incursions you've mentioned lack. You may want to look at the hacks you're getting and make sure you're selecting ones that combine well.

Being a paragon already disqualifies you from being an average player. Even being able to reach paragon is far above average.
  • Options

Being a paragon already disqualifies you from being an average player. Even being able to reach paragon is far above average.
    Not really. Just an ungodly amount of time and willing to spend units on content. Some challenges I have spent over 100 revives on one (and it wasn't one of those 4* Carina's).
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Why do people that are so obviously far above average commenting this thread? This has nothing to do with you.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★
    If it's any consolation, I'm in Tier 1 and I think it's overdone.
  • Options
    Was just thinking that yesterday.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,167 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

Why do people that are so obviously far above average commenting this thread? This has nothing to do with you.

Because we know what "average" in this game actually means, and if anything. Advanced players now would have had a WAY tougher time in the game than you are right now so the input is if anything more applicable than from a player nowadays, incursions are literally easier than it has ever been, regardless of tier. If you arent skilled enough for it then get better or play in a lower sector, that's what they're there for.

Honestly what is with people this week and not understanding basic things like this. First the guy with the energy and now this
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,214 ★★★★★
    Hacks lasting 99 rooms and Deadpool as a boss is probably the easiest incursion by far
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,167 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Hacks lasting 99 rooms and Deadpool as a boss is probably the easiest incursion by far

OP would really hate how they were before if they think this is hard lol
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,159 ★★★★★

MiniMF said:

Anyone with money can reach Zone 25 in Sector 6.
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    How far are you in story? Cause if your in tier three, I’m sure you could be doing something other than complaining about incursions being the hardest they’ve ever been when they’re actually so much easier
  • Options

MiniMF said:

Anyone with money can reach Zone 25 in Sector 6.
    Fyi, they're arena units, not bought with money, so anyone can do it, no credit card required.
  • Options
    I just realised that i'm no longer tier 3, i'm tier 2.

Where did sector 7, 8 and 9 go?
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 476 ★★★

I wouldn't say Paragon is "Above Average". Im not a new player. Most of us have been here for years. And I mean like from 2015. Personally, I am an average player. It's just natural that over the years, we progress along with the game. Yes sure there are some paragons you can say are way above average but most of us just got Paragon by playing occasionally over the years.

Incursions before were much more difficult, time consuming and frustrating. Back then, by ur logic, I was an average player. 4*'s all day. No herc. Nothing. Incursions hacks lasted 4 zones. If you got unlucky, it hurt. Now, this is the easiest incursions have ever been. Believe me. With the previous incursions, I would have never thought of going to do sector 5 let alone 6. This new system is easier cuz the hacks last the whole run. You can strategize too.

If by average, you mean "new" I suggest you take what you can. And just play. The more you play the easier it gets. The game is meant to be a challenge. It's a game. That's just how it works. Hope that helps you
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 774 ★★★
    just find herc , dupe him then r5. Problem solved
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Because we know what "average" in this game actually means, and if anything. Advanced players now would have had a WAY tougher time in the game than you are right now so the input is if anything more applicable than from a player nowadays, incursions are literally easier than it has ever been, regardless of tier. If you arent skilled enough for it then get better or play in a lower sector, that's what they're there for.

Honestly what is with people this week and not understanding basic things like this. First the guy with the energy and now this
    The only thing I disagree with is "this week". It's every week.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

It's a little different because of the Room Bonuses. You can run lower Difficulties, but all you're getting is Gold.