**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Kabam!!? Explain this points situation to us and why did you guys think that change is justified?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,513 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I think the main issue is that Kabam understands why people point farm and decided to remove it (which is good) but they offered no alternative or compromise. They easily could have said "Hey point farming is now a bannable offense, we understand why people point farm so we will be increasing the points gained from energy and elders marks with this change" it was that easy. If they did that from the get go there would not have been nearly as much backlash. Which most of it is from people complaining about the time investment because of the points system.

They basically said "Now you will be forced to suffer" when they could have done something good. Which is typical behavior i guess tbh lol

I just don't understand the frustration at Kabam instead of at the people abusing the system. Kabam has had to make many changes to the mode because players continually try and find ways to exploit the mode like cancelling matches to match your alt accounts for easy wins.

They're doing it now because most likely they've seen an increase in the behavior so they're putting a stop to it. They didn't do it mid season and they're giving everyone plenty of notice as well.

Maybe if we can get people to just play the game as intended, we wouldn't have to see these changes being made.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,280 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

PT_99 said:

You do realize these are additional rewards; if you view it as an optional bonus, it changes your perspective.

Farming is basically picking your matches, which goes against their intended matchmaking policy and how open matchmaking should work

Good luck with your 96 wins by elder marks in the new "open" matchmaking, that is if you're trying to get those titan shards.
    PT_99 said:

You do realize these are additional rewards; if you view it as an optional bonus, it changes your perspective.

Farming is basically picking your matches, which goes against their intended matchmaking policy and how open matchmaking should work

Good luck with your 96 wins by elder marks in the new "open" matchmaking, that is if you're trying to get those titan shards.
    Even with farming you still have to win that same amount of matches. What are you on
    Please don't be like this, I thought desi players will be smart and understand how to farm 96 wins in low ranks.

First 2 weeks, win 1 lose 1.
    Last week full push to GC.

But since some players call it unfair, then I guess rewarding more points in GC will give a reason to reach higher tiers faster.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,366 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

ahmynuts said:

I think the main issue is that Kabam understands why people point farm and decided to remove it (which is good) but they offered no alternative or compromise. They easily could have said "Hey point farming is now a bannable offense, we understand why people point farm so we will be increasing the points gained from energy and elders marks with this change" it was that easy. If they did that from the get go there would not have been nearly as much backlash. Which most of it is from people complaining about the time investment because of the points system.

They basically said "Now you will be forced to suffer" when they could have done something good. Which is typical behavior i guess tbh lol

That's what I'm trying to say, Kabam stops players from point farming but fails to understand why.
    Easiest, quickest and cheapest solution will be to more points earned in higher tiers, that's it.

But idk why "some" community members trying to justify that bronze and GC tiers should have same points per win and no change is needed, ridiculous.
    Yeah, you are right with the different pts for different tiers suggestion. Punishment for cheating is still good, too. Pretty sure Kabam will adjust the pts sooner or later.
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    A competitive game mode that requires you to be competitive?

Oh, my stars and garters! I must clutch my pearls! Alert the constable!
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

The point is you don't need 96 wins. You're a hothead who doesn't look at the facts shown. you get over 7k per win, it's very doable my friend. Also, anytime I see an OP argue with everyone who posts I know who they really are...
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Even with farming you still have to win that same amount of matches. What are you on
    Please don't be like this, I thought desi players will be smart and understand how to farm 96 wins in low ranks.

But since some players call it unfair, then I guess rewarding more points in GC will give a reason to reach higher tiers faster.
    Ahhh okay. You just want to bully lower accounts. Fair enough
  • Options
    Oh no, you can no longer camp ranks in order to face low level accounts anymore, such a tragic issue, now it seems you'll have to do what everyone else does and conform to the apropiate rank for your skill.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,385 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Ahhh okay. You just want to bully lower accounts. Fair enough
    Indirectly, sure. I think the larger statement is a) there are Rewards, b) we must get those Rewards, c) Kabam expects us to get them all, and d) it's Kabam's fault we decide to find ways that cheat the system and get them all.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,385 ★★★★★
    Did I get it right? Lmao
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,715 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

ahmynuts said:

I just don't understand the frustration at Kabam instead of at the people abusing the system. Kabam has had to make many changes to the mode because players continually try and find ways to exploit the mode like cancelling matches to match your alt accounts for easy wins.

They're doing it now because most likely they've seen an increase in the behavior so they're putting a stop to it. They didn't do it mid season and they're giving everyone plenty of notice as well.

Maybe if we can get people to just play the game as intended, we wouldn't have to see these changes being made.
    I think everyone jumping in saying things like this is missing the point 80% of us are making. The majority isn't mad that the farming is gone. They're mad because they had to resort to doing it because of the ungodly amount of time-to-point ratio Kabam came up with and now they can't even do that.

Farming leaving the game is a good thing, no one is denying that. What isn't good is that regardless of how well you play or if you "play the game as intended," you still are forced to be glued to your phone and play 64 matches at the minimum, was it? in order to grab the rewards. That's just ridiculous. There is no reward for skill they just want you to be glued to your phone for longer amounts of time. It's like the BrutalDLX challenge, there was absolutely no reason to make us do over 200 fights but they did it anyway because f*ck us i guess.

This is why we are calling for the points system to be changed. Rewards us for actually being good and playing in the higher tiers instead of making the points the same across the board. It's just dumb and bad design
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

When they cracked down on arena botting they knew why people did it, to get rewards they didn't earn. Same exact situation here. How exactly did they compromise on those cheaters?

The problem here is people feel entitled to get everything with no skill. I could complete 8.3 today with 1 hand if I wanted to. The game is ridiculously easy now. Bgs, and to some extent high tier war, are the only places you actually need skill in this game.
    I don't even know how to respond to this because you somehow missed what is going on here so bad that you brought up arena botting and skill like either of those things matter for the issue at hand
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,265 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

"Some players call it unfair"... That's cause it is unfair you're ruining the game mode for other people so you can get to 450k easily lmao I seriously can't believe the amount of entitlement on this thread and the worst part is there are another 20-30 dummies who also think like this guy 🤣
  • Options

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

"Some players call it unfair"... That's cause it is unfair you're ruining the game mode for other people so you can get to 450k easily lmao I seriously can't believe the amount of entitlement on this thread and the worst part is there are another 20-30 dummies who also think like this guy 🤣
    I want to make it clear that the points I'm making do not align with what this dude is saying lmaoo
  • Options
    MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Posts: 247 ★★★
    Just sounds like a bunch of skill issues to me.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,822 ★★★★★

Oh no, you can no longer camp ranks in order to face low level accounts anymore, such a tragic issue, now it seems you'll have to do what everyone else does and conform to the apropiate rank for your skill.

The fact that people are complaining about this is still hilarious to me
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,265 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

I want to make it clear that the points I'm making do not align with what this dude is saying lmaoo
    I know lol I actually do agree with the time consuming part and I do think GC wins need to give more points or something since they are now forcing people to move up. I just hate how some people on this thread are extremely entitled and have zero consideration for other players.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,633 ★★★★★
    Funny how you called people scrubs on another post and now you are showing characteristics of being one.