Has Hercules been nerfed since his release? (I got him last week and I’m a returning player)

Hello fellow summoners! So I took a 1-2 year break from mcoc and I came back last month and got so many new champs that I didn’t know existed in the game. After studying and reading their kits and watching endless vids about each one I now know how to use them properly and effectively. My luckiest pull out of the bunch was Hercules of course, but I always saw vids and threads that he was nerfed or silently nerfed, what is up with all that news? Is it true? Was he shadow nerfed or is he still as good as he was on release?

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    He was "nerfed" his immortality was preventing him from dying via sp3 which Kabam fixed but that's it. They have been way too afraid to touch him beyond that
  • Tony_02003Tony_02003 Member Posts: 78
    Oh yeah I saw that in one of the vids, if that’s it then wow he is still as broken as he was on release. Thanks so much for your response and awesome username lol
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    Never been nerfed. He missed out on the balancing period so he’s just built different now
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★

Oh yeah I saw that in one of the vids, if that’s it then wow he is still as broken as he was on release. Thanks so much for your response and awesome username lol

What happened was he worked as intended the whole time he was the eq boss. Then they silently changed it so immortality wouldn't trigger on an sp3 without announcing. They were called out for it.

They then said (they probably changed the description but I can't remember if they changed or added the wording) that a sp3 would remove immortality. Which is fine. However that isn't what was silently nerfed. What should happen is sp3 - lethal damage - immortality procs - immortality removed.

I don't think they addressed it after that as they didn't want to dig a deeper hole. And honestly very few would have cared if they changed it.

What happened was he worked as intended the whole time he was the eq boss. Then they silently changed it so immortality wouldn't trigger on an sp3 without announcing. They were called out for it.

They then said (they probably changed the description but I can't remember if they changed or added the wording) that a sp3 would remove immortality. Which is fine. However that isn't what was silently nerfed. What should happen is sp3 - lethal damage - immortality procs - immortality removed.

I don't think they addressed it after that as they didn't want to dig a deeper hole. And honestly very few would have cared if they changed it.
    Wait wait wait, can you please rephrase that? I get it that once sp3 is activated, if the damage kills herc then he dies and immortality doesn’t trigger. Did I get what you just said correctly or not?
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Yes that's what it was changed to. Why they thought that was the part of his kit that needed to be nerfed I'll never understand.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★

Wait wait wait, can you please rephrase that? I get it that once sp3 is activated, if the damage kills herc then he dies and immortality doesn’t trigger. Did I get what you just said correctly or not?
    He basically just said what i said but more complicated lol. Herc can now be killed by an sp3 regardless of immortality
    Oh it’s not that big of a deal unless when facing someone like Hyperion, it’s still annoying but just don’t get the defender to sp3. Thanks for clarifying guys
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,313 ★★★★★

Exactly. If a sp3 damage can kill you, you can die regardless of immortality.
    Which is necessary for his kit and won't change much, he is still the best champ in the game.