**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Venompool Buff Idea

Before I begin, I know Venompool already got buffed a while back and there are other champs who need it more badly, but Vpool is a favorite champion of mine to play and I brainstormed a few cool ideas to add for another buff. After all, if Gamora can get like 5+ buffs, why not give this unique champ a little more love?

I came up with 3 new Venompool buff ideas. They are catoragized as follows:
- A buff to his ramp.
- A new unique buff to Vpool that plays off of having as many other unique buffs as possible.
- A buff to his defense.

Note that ~ = whatever numerical/percentage amount Kabam wants to give for the buff.

1. Buff to his ramp :
(Part of Venompools basic kit)

The player can select and start a fight with 1 pre-fight blender buff active for Venompool.
If Venompool wins the fight, the selected Blender buff carries over from fight to fight in a quest (like Venom the Ducks banking mechanic) and gains his persistent charge back. He can repeat this process until he eventually has all 5 of his blender buffs active in any given quest fight if Venompool has won five fights. This reduces his ramp from having to continually build back all his blender buffs in every fight. Making questing with him faster and more rewarding.

2. Buff for each unique buff Vpool has active :

Venompool gets a new buff called a Snack Buff (Or whatever Kabam wants to name it).
Each time Venompools cookin' meter reaches 100 he gains 1 snack buff. This snack buff has no passive effect but lasts ~ seconds. When this buff expires naturally Venompool gains ~ percent of health and ~ percent of a bar of power per unique buff Vpool has active at the time of expiration. In addition to this new mechanic giving Venonpool some unique sustainability, this also better rewards players for getting as many unique buffs on Vpool as possible and encourages players to find new creative ways to get more (i.e. synergies, Odin prefights, etc.).This new mechanic for Vpool also allows for mystics the chance to nullify, Stagger, Fateseal, neutralize, etc. these buffs and thus grant no effect.

3. Buff to Venompools defense
(Venompools new signature ability)

Venompool gains an additional defensive benefit from each blender buff active.

Precision Buff : Vpool also gains ~ Crititcal resistance.

Energize Buff : Vpool also gains ~ Energy resistance.

Kylntar Mutation Buff : Vpool aso gains ~ Physical resistance.

Hunter-Spider Buff : Vpool also gains ~ block penetration.

Malice Buff : The opponent suffers ~ combat power rate.

Let's be honest, Venompool needs some defensive mechanics in his kit and this could be a strong signature ability that compliments his blender buffs well.

To compensate for this new signature ability I would remove Venompools original signature ability of gaining a better percentage chance of gaining that buff and the buff potency for the unique blender buff chosen from the preflight screen for that fight. The new update to his ramp would be added in its stead to his basic kit (See the number 1 Buff). Other than that, I would not change anything else in his kit.

If possible I'd also like to see these mechanics implemented into Venompools buff too.

When defending, Venompool starts with 2 of his unique blender buffs active.

If Venompool completes his moonwalk dance from the SP2 he also places a ~ second taunt debuff on the opponent.

Hopefully we can see Venompool get another buff in the future with some if not all these mechanics implemented. Comment your thoughts! Thanks for reading my ideas on a Vpool buff!

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,619 ★★★★★

I know Venompool already got buffed a while back

Post over
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    First of all, great buff! While I think he's a pretty decent champion in his current state, I definitely think the first buff idea would benefit Venompool the most in his current state. That would make VP a more sustainable and fun-to-play champ, having rampups similar to Aegon's, and perhaps giving more competition in the rampup-questing category of champs.
  • Options
    ZADO1991ZADO1991 Posts: 109
    I really like the idea of adding a defensive benefit for each buff he has. Also I think his sig ability feels a bit weak compared with other revamped champions
  • Options
    This realy seems better then the one we have right now but i think Just a Synergy with Gwenompool or Maybe another Symbiote to improve his Ramp would already help,i know we all wanted something we made get in the game,but sometimes the smaller option is the best one
  • Options
    SirSpectreSirSpectre Posts: 6
    Thank you all for your comments on my post! It's great being able to check them out and seeing
    what the community thinks of Vpool in his current state and what could be improved! I might do this for more champs in the future.

I also wanted to post a slightly updated and revised version of my Venompool buff idea. Here it is!

Before I begin, I know Venompool already got buffed a while back and there are other champs who need it more badly, but Venompool is a favorite champion of mine to play and I'm very passionate about him reaching his true potential. I think his current buff is on the right track but not quite there yet. I brainstormed a few cool ideas to add for another buff. After all, if Gamora can get multiple buffs, why not give this crazy mash-up of a champ a little more love?

I came up with 3 new Venompool buff ideas as well as some miscellaneous ideas. The three are catoragized as follows:
    - A buff to his ramp.
    - A new unique buff to Vpool that plays off of having as many unique buffs as possible.
    - A buff to his defense.

Note that ~ = whatever numerical/percentage amount Kabam would wants to give for the buff.

1. Buff to Vpools ramp

Using Vpools persistent charge mechanic, The player can select and start the fight with 1 pre-fight blender buff active on Venompool. Regain the persistent charge back when you enter the fight.
    The selected Blender buff carries over from fight to fight in a quest (like Venom the Ducks banking mechanic). He can repeat this process until he eventually has all 5 of his blender buffs active in that quest fight. This reduces his ramp from having to continually build back all his blender buffs in every fight and makes questing with him faster and more rewarding.

2. Buff for each unique buff Vpool has active

Venompool gets a new buff called a Snack Buff (Or whatever Kabam wants to name it).
    Each time Venompools cookin' meter reaches 100 he gains 1 snack buff. This snack buff has no passive effect but lasts ~ seconds. When this buff expires naturally Venompool gains ~ percent of health and ~ percent of a bar of power per unique buff Vpool has active at the time of expiration. In addition to this new mechanic giving Venonpool some unique sustainability, This better rewards players for getting as many unique buffs on Vpool as possible and encourages players to find new creative ways to get more (i.e. synergies, Odin prefights, etc.).This new mechanic also allows time for mystics to nullify, Stagger, Fateseal, neutralize, etc. these buffs and thus grant no effect.

3. Buff to Vpools defense
    (Venompools new signature ability)
    I also request his Sig. ability title to be changed to "Let 'em Cook".

Venompool becomes angry when pesky mystics mess with his cookin'. Whenever a buff is nullified, staggered, fatesealed, or neutralized, off of Venompool, he becomes passively unlockable and unstoppable for 5 seconds. 15 second cooldown.

Venompool also gains additional defensive benefits from each blender buff active.

Precision Buff : Vpool also gains ~ Crititcal resistance.

Energize Buff : Vpool also gains ~ Energy resistance.

Kylntar Mutation Buff : Vpool aso gains ~ Physical resistance.

Hunter-Spider Buff : Vpool also gains ~ block penetration.

Malice Buff : The opponent suffers ~ combat power rate.

Let's be honest, Venompool needs some defensive mechanics in his kit and this compliments his blender buffs well.

To compensate for this new signature ability I would remove Venompools original signature ability of gaining a better percentage chance of gaining that buff and the buff potency for the unique blender buff chosen from the preflight screen for that fight. The new update to his ramp would be added in its stead to his basic kit (See the first Buff discussed).

If possible I'd also like to see these implemented into Venompools buff too.

Venompools Cookin' meter is increased from 4 to 5 per hit (blocked included) and while it is spicy it is increased from 8 to 10 per hit (block included).

When defending, Venompool starts with 2 of his unique blender buffs active.

If Venompool completes his moonwalk dance from the SP2 he also places a ~ second taunt debuff on the opponent.

Change the way Venompool places the special stun from intercepting with the SP2 to include the same way Hercules intercepts with special attacks to gain multiple precisions/cruelties. (FYI, I have tried using Vpools SP2 intercept stun many times before and it is very unreliable in it's current state).

Hopefully we can see Venompool get another buff in the future with some if not all these mechanics implemented.

Thanks for reading my (revised) ideas on a Venompool buff!