Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

How many 8.3 bosses can Black Cat solo?

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,780 ★★★★★
I really enjoyed 8.3. As much as I enjoy Battlegrounds, it was fun with some story content to sink my teeth into again. Having recently ascended my r5 Black Cat, I took her with me to see how many of the bosses she could solo. The result is five, which is about a third of the ones on offer. Not too shabby.

Two of the more interesting ones are the Thing and Wong fights. Thing is one of those champions that it's been known that Black Cat can eat up ever since she was released so I wasn't too surprised that she worked really well for the fight. What I was impressed by was how quickly she tore through him considering that I didn't read the nodes properly. There was a Foresight node that I completely forgot to take advantage of and therefore lost out on a 200% passive Fury for the entire fight. There was also second part to the Stunning Reflection node that I completely missed, where placing an Incinerate or Poison debuff on Thing would have shut down the node and given me a 40% boost to my attack rating. Obviously this wouldn't really have helped Black Cat since she can't place either debuff on her opponents, but it still stuck out to me when I read through the nodes after the fight. Even without these ways to deal massive amounts of increased damage, she still nuked him down.

The Wong fight, meanwhile, was basically just me wanting to be able to take him down with Black Cat instead of taking in a better counter. I had an idea of how I wanted the fight to go and it took a few tries to get it to go along with me. The reason is that Wong is wildly unpredictable in it. Thanks to a node, he's much more likely to throw Heavy attacks. When he does, he not only goes Unstoppable but also gets a sizeable Power Gain. In essence, he's a way more annoying defender than he normally is.

But he still went down to Black Cat. Eventually.

All in all, I had a really fun time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvvRmUp_Ul8&lc=UgzK0nF2wSeIjKXNjQt4AaABAg

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,137 ★★★★★
    That thing is joke, he is even unduped and stunning reflection means you'll heavy bait him and can counter with a heavy. I used domino synergy and killed thing without him getting a single rock stack
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,780 ★★★★★
    Yeah, he was a weird boss. Between his lack of dupe and the node that gave him random petrify debuffs on his specials (which did nothing substantial), I was left with an eyebrow curiously raised.