alliance raids ... execited or not?

Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
At first I was excited to hear the leaks about raids... but after seeing the live stream blurb about it, I am not so much.

On the video showing off the upcoming raid event, it was demonstrated that a raid would cost "alliance tokens" (not tickets like current AQ).

Look how well loved the "AQ won't cost tickets anymore except for special events" announcement was received. Why would we not want "alliance tokens" to pay to join a raid? It or it's rewards are going to need to be something really special to "pay to do it instead of the free AQ that week".

I may have misunderstood the video, but it almost sounds like you are supposed to die/timeout in fights, but don't worry... you'll get free revives... and that sounds like a horrible approach. If you complete your quests... I would hope that the fight would end (maybe like a cutscene from the 7.4 final boss, where it "isn't over just yet" would be cool, but doing your bit in the raid "should feel like a win".

Additionally, over the past few years people have been very welcoming in the reduction in linked nodes, and it sounds like the entire purpose of the raid is to put the same dependencies of getting everyone on the same schedule / coordinate... which is fine for small parties (e.g. incursions), but has always been horrible for things like AQ, and even AW.

I am really hoping that things are learned from the previous feedback and tweaks the final product to not be a repeat of previously "fixed problem points".

Enough of my thoughts... what all do you think of the announcement?

Comments

• xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★
    Same opinion as yours.

Probably too soon to speak about it but the way they explained it didn't really seam appealing. Currency to enter, too much coordination, AQ still a thing...
    It gets a meh from me
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    I mean idk how to feel about it but every raid i played in a game is like this: you pick up your best team and with a limited attempt (usually 3) you do as much damage as you can and that's it, until the whole ally beat the boss
    Maybe this free revives are just like the attempts in the other games
    The first time kabam talked about raids it was called ''galactus's raid'' so i was actually thinking he would be the boss but after the announcement yesterday, not anymore :( tbf he is a really complicated character to bring to the game, even as a boss
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    Nah too tough for me and my alliance mates
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 738 ★★★★
    we'll see how it turns out but it means more work and coordination for officers. not a fan.
  • Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 166 ★★
    It seems easy for end game players in an alliance with similar people but for people like me who are end game in a low level alliance with people who… arent the best, it looks like it will be difficult and cause a lot of frustration. If the rewards are good enough I will be switching alliances lol