Options

Is Story Content dead?

2»

Comments

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    They can’t make story endgame and too difficult anymore. Look what happen to act 6. Many can’t beat 6.2.6 Champion until Kabam nerf it and then nerf it a second time.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I’m fine with 8.3 being easy, necropolis will be challenging enough, glad I didn’t have to waste my revives on story content
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    Act 8 is the best content created.

If you want challenge competitive modes like bg and aw exist.

And you shouldn't call a content easy if you have to use 10 revives on the boss.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,114 ★★★★★
    It’s no surprise that I hated the shortening to 3 paths, but almost every argument I see to support the less paths stated in some way they are glad Kabam is taking more time to develop more thoughtful paths instead of seemingly just throwing together some nodes and calling it a path. However, I honestly believe 8.3 was the most boring piece of content put through in quite some time.

Two thirds of the paths had some random striker node attached to it where something was either disabled when you used a striker or striker hits did TWO THOUSAND percent more damage or something along those lines. Like are you serious? OP is absolutely spot on. These paths were over as soon as they begun. And the final boss was an interesting fight but certainly the easiest we’ve seen in quite some time and we only had to fight him 3 times!

I will continue to full heartedly believe Kabam took 5 steps backwards with this chapter. It’s my opinion and it may not be the popular opinion but absolutely nothing could change my mind on it. Good rewards but a overall a big let down
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I agree with point 2. There was just one node that mattered.
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 119 ★★
    New content is great. It was actually fun. Let the long game content that is about to be released fulfill your need for more act 6 nonsense lmao. Kabam you are doing great with content keep it up
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,558 ★★★★★
    Here's hoping 8.4 is like OG act-6 but on double the dose of steroids.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,351 ★★★★★
    Damn 10 revives for cerastes
  • Options
    Peteyaces_72Peteyaces_72 Posts: 29
    Quite the opposite for me. I absolutely loved 8.3. It re-energized me and I had a lot of fun doing it
  • Options
    DoomGBDoomGB Posts: 46
    @ahmynuts

And you shouldn't call a content easy if you have to use 10 revives on the boss.

It was an easy boss. I just couldn't get used to the icons (my eyes couldn't pick up which icon was which). So I kept on triggering the Overcharge and failed to break all the armours. On the third and last path I more or less figured out which was which.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,258 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

1. How did it take you 10 revives to beat the final boss?
    2. Kabam have stated that story content is not endgame content anymore. It should be able to be completed by everyone who gets there
    3. The change to 3 paths saves so much time and energy and only weeded out most of the most tedious and monotonous paths Kabam comes up with.
    4. Story content will continue as will all other quests (except for variants, RIP lmao)

Just to comment on 1. I used 10 revives too just by doing the unblockable specials node as my first path. Took some time to get used to his sp1 timing + getting used to the mechanics of the fight is 10 mins in total.

Also maybe skissue
  • Options
    All I'm gonna say is, you're special, and have no sense of challenge and difficulty, if you think act 8 was headed into the wrong direction rather than right. You're the first one I've ever seen appraising the **** fest that is act 6. You're basically saying, let RNG and boredom dominate skill and accessibility. Have you ever played games like elden ring? Even those are more fun and less challenging than act 6.1 and 6.2, because they require skill, and not roster rng and pointless grinding praying for better rng.
  • Options
    Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 684 ★★★
    6 paths > 3 paths imo. More content is fun
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,168 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

1. How did it take you 10 revives to beat the final boss?
    2. Kabam have stated that story content is not endgame content anymore. It should be able to be completed by everyone who gets there
    3. The change to 3 paths saves so much time and energy and only weeded out most of the most tedious and monotonous paths Kabam comes up with.
    4. Story content will continue as will all other quests (except for variants, RIP lmao)

Just to comment on 1. I used 10 revives too just by doing the unblockable specials node as my first path. Took some time to get used to his sp1 timing + getting used to the mechanics of the fight is 10 mins in total.

Also maybe skissue
    I asked 1 to the OP specifically because they mentioned it was really easy and the math wasn't adding up lol. I can understand using the revives and stuff but you can't claim easy game with that
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,291 ★★★★★

The creativity and satisfaction from beating hard story content is absolutely dead thanks to everyone who can't handle a challenge.

I remember how you felt about act6.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,663 ★★★★
    The amount of paths in 8.3 was perfect. I think story content is pretty tedious to do, and shortening the paths made exploration much more bearable.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,160 ★★★★★

The creativity and satisfaction from beating hard story content is absolutely dead thanks to everyone who can't handle a challenge.

I remember how you felt about act6.
    I've been pretty open about my feelings for act 6. While I've never been a fan of the grind that Act 6 is, the difficulty was fine. They should have left the gates and the rarity restrictions. 6.2 Champion didn't need nerfed. Act 6, outside of some paths, makes you think outside the box having to prepare for multiple type nodes in a single path vs 1 or 2 attackers per path now.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,012 ★★★★

6 paths > 3 paths imo. More content is fun

You probably like metal shavings in your pasta too, that way there is more to chew, and chewing is fun!

Too much of sth isn't always a good thing. Going from 3 paths to 6 means 18 more paths to explore per chapter. That is just excessive. If you want more content, go do some of the separate endgame stuff like necro or gauntlet. There is already so much to do in this game with bg, aw, aq, story, eq, sq, incursions, arena, special objectives, and special quests.
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 650 ★★★★
    I want no part of 10 fights per path. I like having to only face one boss one time. Kabam is reducing the grind. Story content shouldn’t be tedious and ultra hard.
  • Options
    GrumrokGrumrok Posts: 64
    edited October 2023
    I really really liked 8.3 and exspecially the striker mechanics.
    I feel like, if 8.3 would've been the first content released after introducing relics, kabam would recieved a far more positive feedback for this mechanic and relics would've been widely accepted as an awesome additional feature.

Surely the difficulty was just a bit above average and not top notch, but it invited/encouraged the players to use a wider range of counters/champs to tackle different parts of the different counter mechanics.

So i would say : keep it like that.
    Awesome chapter, nice mechanics - the first story content map i gonna revisit serveral times for fun, just to play around with different options.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,415 ★★★★★
    Everyone bittering about 8.3 this and that. But have you stopped to think what it's like for the devs to create story mode? The amount it takes and hours to work on it for all of us to play it.

Kabam Mike explained why they took this approach and explained why it is needed and as many said on here you want hard content play high tiers of AW or play BG in GC or work on Abyss.

Which i know many of us never tried at all and if that isn't good for you well why not go back and work on Act 6? Just appreciate this game exists and that we are able to play with our favorite marvel champions while the devs work so hard day in and day out so that each month we have some content to work on.

Before you complain about 8.3 again or even 8.4 when it comes out just stop and thinking about how hard the devs works on story content and be grateful that they are able to deliver us such content in the first place not many games can be so lucky and be able to celebrate yearly anniversaries like Contest is doing or other games that still exist today.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,114 ★★★★★

Everyone bittering about 8.3 this and that. But have you stopped to think what it's like for the devs to create story mode? The amount it takes and hours to work on it for all of us to play it.

Kabam Mike explained why they took this approach and explained why it is needed and as many said on here you want hard content play high tiers of AW or play BG in GC or work on Abyss.

Which i know many of us never tried at all and if that isn't good for you well why not go back and work on Act 6? Just appreciate this game exists and that we are able to play with our favorite marvel champions while the devs work so hard day in and day out so that each month we have some content to work on.

Before you complain about 8.3 again or even 8.4 when it comes out just stop and thinking about how hard the devs works on story content and be grateful that they are able to deliver us such content in the first place not many games can be so lucky and be able to celebrate yearly anniversaries like Contest is doing or other games that still exist today.

Any like any other company in existence they choose where to cut back. In my opinion they chose VERY wrong.

Nobody is being ungrateful so thanks for the useful feedback
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Not dead, just silently nerfed...
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,157 ★★★★★
    DoomGB said:

@ahmynuts

It was an easy boss. I just couldn't get used to the icons (my eyes couldn't pick up which icon was which). So I kept on triggering the Overcharge and failed to break all the armours. On the third and last path I more or less figured out which was which.
    I'm in agreement - the first 2 icons were too similar. I literally paused it a few times to make out. It matters more for ppl who play on their 5-6" smart phones than those who use 9-10" tablets.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,157 ★★★★★
    Personally i liked the length of act 8.3 - and I did Act 6, champion etc pre-nerf. Perhaps the ndoes could have been more challenging, but for me the 3 paths were fine.

I actually think monthly EQ is too long and boring and rarely explore it any more because there are so many - I just do completion and only explored last month for the gauntlet thing.

If they had switched the two around I'd also be fine with that - make 8.4 like the 6 paths in EQ as one-time content and make the monthly EQ half the paths it is now since there are 5(6?) levels of it.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 860 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    I explored act6 pre nerf. Didn’t find it particularly enjoyable.
    If I remember correctly, plenty of content creators complained about the og act 7.1 beta, the defender attack values were insanely high and too many nodes had only a small window you could do some damage. E.g. damage is reduced by 90 % unless you perform a certain action then you can do normal damage for 15 seconds.
    That content would have been brutal at the best of times, let alone trying to do it with the input problems.

I like the idea of 3 paths in 8.3. A lot of it is fun but far too easy. Not that I’m complaining about that, a bit more challenge would be good, but fun fights and some big yellow numbers get the thumbs up from me.