Options

Silver Surfer Bug

Silver Surfer takes incineration damage when at 100% resistance and should not take damage

Comments

• Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 630 ★★★
    He’s only resistant so if he gets 6 or more incinerates you’ll get nova flamed
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Actually no you’re right he is taking incinerate damage
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,692 ★★★★★
    I believe if it goes over the 100% he can take damage and torch per smoulder increases the effect of incinerates
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,785 ★★★★★
    Being 100% resistance is not the same as being immune to taking no damage from it
  • Options
    Bendy said:

I believe if it goes over the 100% he can take damage and torch per smoulder increases the effect of incinerates

Even when torch has 0 smolders you still take damage
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 915 ★★★★
    It's torches smolders I believe, I never use surfer for torch after 1 terrible act 7 fight😂
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 227 ★★
    Torch increases his incinerate damage for each smolder on him or incinerate on you. And surfer can only decrease it by 100%. So the first incinerate on you is 100% -100% = 0. But the second one is 112% - 100% =12%. The third one is 124% - 100% = 24%. So very rapidly you will be taking a lot of damage. Its a mistake almost all of us make at one time or another.
  • Options
    Samanun said:

Bendy said:

Even when torch has 0 smolders you still take damage
    From op he might of had smoulders as surfers hits are some energy so he would build smoulder
  • Options
    Mario_ClarMario_Clar Posts: 175
    Samanun said:

He’s only resistant so if he gets 6 or more incinerates you’ll get nova flamed

The human torch did not activate the Nova flames
  • Options
    Mario_ClarMario_Clar Posts: 175

Torch increases his incinerate damage for each smolder on him or incinerate on you. And surfer can only decrease it by 100%. So the first incinerate on you is 100% -100% = 0. But the second one is 112% - 100% =12%. The third one is 124% - 100% = 24%. So very rapidly you will be taking a lot of damage. Its a mistake almost all of us make at one time or another.

But it would be 12% of 100%, right? As far as I remember, in the past I had already faced surfer vs torch and I did not receive damage from the incineration, Or I may be wrong
  • Options
    edited November 2023

But it would be 12% of 100%, right? As far as I remember, in the past I had already faced surfer vs torch and I did not receive damage from the incineration, Or I may be wrong
    Well if everything is 100% that extra 12% goes above it.

Edit: i think anyway there is a user on here that explains the % stuff well on how extra potency effects stuff if there resistance is at 100%
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    Silver Surfer's kit doesn't say he's immune or has resistance to incinerate, just that he takes 100% less damage from incinerate debuffs. We know from other areas of the game that debuff damage is additive.

In Torch's kit it says that that his incinerate does 12% increased damage for each incinerate or smolder on either champion. So even if Torch has zero smolders, Surfer will start taking damage with the 2nd incinerate stack. Each additional stack will do even more damage.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,186 ★★★★
    It's probably the smoulders. Surfer isn't completely incinerate immune, he takes 100% less damage