**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The current state of battlegrounds

Currently the most frustrating and annoying gamemode is bgs, I'm having very little fun and I think there is much more to improve.
First I would like to clarify that I did enjoy bgs in the past and my frustration has little to do with the current meta, I play in the gc and i peaked mysterium 3, my roster is nice (i have like 6 champs r5/7* r2 and the rest are r4 or 7* r1). The most frustrating thing about bgs is of course modders, Iv'e faced 3-5 obvious modders and I've lost all of those matches. At the end all of those losses amount to 70ish points that I lost (not including energy and tokens) and that eventually affects my rewards.So besides the very obvious solution which is perma ban all modders i think kabam should compensate players who lost to modders. I thought maybe give elder marks or victory tokens. FYI I write this post with the idea in mind that bgs is a compettetive mode and that the ranking should indecate the SKILL of the summoner more than the roster. However rosters are part of the game and therefore players with stronger rosters should have better chances at getting higher rankings. With that in mind the second issue that im having is that matchmaking is unfair, for example Iv'e played against players from TCN this season (a very strong alliance with strong players) and the difference in rosters was felt significantly. But this is the reality of the game as sad as it is and there is no oppertunity to close up this difference (another issue but i am writing this before valiant comes out) , so I suggest changing the point system to a sort of roster based system (for example a player with 17 r5s who will win against a player with only 8 r5s will be rewarded less points and the losing player will lose less points, and if the player with the 8 r5s wins he'll be rewarded more points and the losing player will lose more points, like in chess) for me it seems reasonable and it also might help against players that are using alts to boost themselves.
Btw pls don't make fun of my name I created it in 2017 and we've all made mistakes in our past, if anyone knows how to change the name in the forums pls write it down :)

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Been a couple days! Must be the new monthly content...
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★

I stopped at Matchmaking isn't fair. I even knew it was coming and wasted the rest of time time with everything before.

I only read that giant wall of text to see how far you got before bailing on it and jeez you really committed to reading that for way too long lmao
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Omergamer said:

Currently the most frustrating and annoying gamemode is bgs, I'm having very little fun and I think there is much more to improve.
    First I would like to clarify that I did enjoy bgs in the past and my frustration has little to do with the current meta, I play in the gc and i peaked mysterium 3, my roster is nice (i have like 6 champs r5/7* r2 and the rest are r4 or 7* r1). The most frustrating thing about bgs is of course modders, Iv'e faced 3-5 obvious modders and I've lost all of those matches. At the end all of those losses amount to 70ish points that I lost (not including energy and tokens) and that eventually affects my rewards.So besides the very obvious solution which is perma ban all modders i think kabam should compensate players who lost to modders. I thought maybe give elder marks or victory tokens. FYI I write this post with the idea in mind that bgs is a compettetive mode and that the ranking should indecate the SKILL of the summoner more than the roster. However rosters are part of the game and therefore players with stronger rosters should have better chances at getting higher rankings. With that in mind the second issue that im having is that matchmaking is unfair, for example Iv'e played against players from TCN this season (a very strong alliance with strong players) and the difference in rosters was felt significantly. But this is the reality of the game as sad as it is and there is no oppertunity to close up this difference (another issue but i am writing this before valiant comes out) , so I suggest changing the point system to a sort of roster based system (for example a player with 17 r5s who will win against a player with only 8 r5s will be rewarded less points and the losing player will lose less points, and if the player with the 8 r5s wins he'll be rewarded more points and the losing player will lose more points, like in chess) for me it seems reasonable and it also might help against players that are using alts to boost themselves.
    Btw pls don't make fun of my name I created it in 2017 and we've all made mistakes in our past, if anyone knows how to change the name in the forums pls write it down :)

git gud🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Disthene_TDisthene_T Posts: 29
    I like the idea of being compensated for encountering cheaters. Not sure how feasible it is though. Complex and personalized compensation seems to require manpower. I don't think there is a bot that can auto-detect a modder, ban them, trace all their opponents and then send a compensation to each of them. I think realistically, all we can do is cheer on Kabam as they attempt to get rid of the modders and hope they eventually give up.

Regarding matchmaking, I think your solution is the opposite of what is needed. I'm a "Forever Uru 3" Paragon but when I encounter an account that greatly outguns me, I would like them to get a big pack of points and move to a much higher rank. That way strong players move away from my rank faster and I get more balanced opponents on my range. If you reduce the points they win, they can hover in low ranks and more effectively farm lower strength accounts.

In victory track, for severe outgunned matches, it would be cool if you randomly received a "miracle" free victory shield. Two seasons ago, in Silver 3, I encountered an opponent with over 20k prestige and an account rating close to 8m (I looked them up after the match and it was the 8th biggest account in the game). It was hilarious. Everything was so big. R5s of some of the newest and scariest new champs. Compared to my one R5 6 star, It wasn't a fight. Similarly, same season up in Diamond 3, I ran into a Cavalier player running R2s and lower. I kinda wish there was a chance for them to get a random protection from the outcome of that match.

Maybe it is not the best idea since advancing is supposed to be difficult. Would be nice though to give those cavalier and low thronebreakers who are trying very hard to advance a mulligan every once in a while.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,336 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    True, players who lost to modders should get compensated.
    Because it's the Kabam's anti-cheat system which failed to detect modders in time which only resulted in actual players getting punched.