Ascension philosophy

ChrisPowellChrisPowell Member Posts: 139
Hi all,

I wanted to get others opinions and strategies on how they choose their next champion to ascend.

I've just been sitting on my next 6* ascension for awhile. I don't really want to ascend my r5 Kate cause I don't want her banned in bg. I'm considering ascending a r3 just to make them playable in battlegrounds sooner (maestro). I've just been stuck in who to take up for quite awhile and figured I'd pick the forum's brains.

Only game mode I really care about or need champs in is battlegrounds. Did my first run of necropolis, will probably need at least a month to do my second but it's not a huge priority (yet). Already ascended r4 aegon & r5 darkhawk.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    I just pick champs that I want to stick around in my roster as 6*s or that I think won't be 7*s. Mainly just champs I find fun like iHulk or champs that need sig like crazy like Aegon. Maestro would be a cool choice if you don't plan on taking the 7* up asap
  • Bayle The DreadBayle The Dread Member Posts: 450 ★★★★
    I mainly ascend champs which won't be available as a 7* for a long time or need high sig for BGs. Doom, Nick, Herc and FAM. All 4 of these either won't come as a 7* for a while or their high sig provides a lot of value.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    "I like this champ" *presses ascension button*
  • ChrisPowellChrisPowell Member Posts: 139
    Ascended my r4 toad.

I decided to play the short game. I knew if I ascended any of my current r5s they would just be banned so I decided to ascend a rank 4 to level off the top of my roster. Plus toad is probably not going to rank 5 anytime soon since my t6cc is pretty much for my 7* champs these days.

We'll see if I ever regret passing or herc, doom, fury, or similar top champs.