**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shang-Chi cleanse delay

GlassbackGlassback Posts: 385 ★★★
Having trouble using Shang on encroaching stun, his wording says “immediately purified” for his cleanse but there’s still a split second where he is stunned when stun activates and is active before it cleanses. It’s just enough time to get clipped or miss a dex.

Is this unusual for a cleanse mechanism? Or just how it is intended to work and I need to think again?

Comments

• Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

For cleanse to work the debuff needs to be applied first and then it is immediately purified

“Cleansing Strike (Medium, Light, Medium): Purify 3 Debuff(s). Gain 1 Cleanse Passive for each Readied Wushu Strike, lasting until this Wushu Strike is Readied again. When a Champion with Cleanse is inflicted with a Debuff, it is immediately Purified and Cleanse is removed.”
  • Options
    Rugbyman371Rugbyman371 Posts: 50

ahmynuts said:

For cleanse to work the debuff needs to be applied first and then it is immediately purified

“Cleansing Strike (Medium, Light, Medium): Purify 3 Debuff(s). Gain 1 Cleanse Passive for each Readied Wushu Strike, lasting until this Wushu Strike is Readied again. When a Champion with Cleanse is inflicted with a Debuff, it is immediately Purified and Cleanse is removed.”
    Read that last sentence one more time. Debuff has to APPLY to be cleansed. It doesn’t prevent the stun, it purifies AFTER it’s applied.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 768 ★★★★
    Do a practice fight against Jabari panther and parry and you’ll see the momentary stun before it’s removed by the cleanse.

That’s how it works for attackers and defenders.

I will say when it’s a defender cleansing it seems like it happens fast enough that you can’t get a hit in. When your combo is interrupted by a stun before it’s removed by cleanse it seems like it’s enough time for the AI to block or strike.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,995 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

When a Champion with Cleanse is inflicted with a Debuff, it is immediately Purified and Cleanse is removed.”
  • Options

Do a practice fight against Jabari panther and parry and you’ll see the momentary stun before it’s removed by the cleanse.

That’s how it works for attackers and defenders.

I will say when it’s a defender cleansing it seems like it happens fast enough that you can’t get a hit in. When your combo is interrupted by a stun before it’s removed by cleanse it seems like it’s enough time for the AI to block or strike.

I think that’s the issue, impossible to time when you’re having your debuffs cleansed but when you’re cleansing, the ai times it just right.

Thanks for the feedback all. Happy cybering!
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    I think the word immediately lost its meaning then
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,995 ★★★★★

No it doesn't because it does immediately get cleansed once it applies
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

No it doesn't because it does immediately get cleansed once it applies
    I can’t say it’s immediate as there is a brief moment it’s active and functioning. Might not be enough for a tick of DOT but stun prevents input at that time.