Average Kate Bishop Players - How was Your Run?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★
This thread is for specifically those that don’t have Aegon, because if you have him and still used Kate for completion or exploration, then I assume you must be a very skilled player.

I want to hear some actual takes from the average or moderately skilled folks that used her as the main lane clearing champ alongside Shuri or someone similar.

At first , I saw all these comments suggesting to use Kate, that she saves more units /resources than Aegon, but then I saw a post from somebody that said it was difficult to keep track of not only her rotations, but also how you have to play around certain fights and keep THEIR stuff in check.

to keep track of sometimes, not only her rotations, but also how you have to play around certain fights and keep THEIR stuff in check.

Here’s a snippet from the message

I’m not saying this person isn’t skilled, but its good to see the perspectives of others.The truth is just because someone like KarateMike showcases using her with minimal resource usage, doesn’t mean that the average or even decently skilled person can repeat that. It’s like saying because Allen Iverson can make 10 baskets in a row, that you can too.

Before I read that post, on paper it seemed straight forward: Just keep them in the corner and that its fine if you cant heavy counter all specials as you can just parry stun/relic/or her built in stun to push them back in the corner, but I didn’t consider other nodes or defender abilities that would interfere in keeping the fight within the corner the whole time.

So I just want to hear how some runs went with her.

My goal is to explore before 2024 because I have a feeling that despite the Cyber Deals not looking that impressive for Valiant, that the Christmas Gift would be pretty busted compared to Paragons.

I haven’t yet started as I’ve been trying to get Aegon due to the concerns about using Kate, but also because I don’t have a 7 star Wong (my Shuri is 7r2 and I have a Chavez that I’ll be taking to Rank 2) .

But after striking out on an Abyss Nexus, 300k worth of Basics, and no further abyss nexus being available in Banquet or solid ways of getting him from Cyber Deals, I’m thinking that opening Dual Crystals for Aegon will just continue reducing the amount of 7* shards I can get.

Comments

• SligSlig Member Posts: 370 ★★
    I’m in the same boat although I don’t even have a shuri or a 7* Chavez (have her as a six star). No luck on aegon so gearing up for a Kate run towards the end of the year.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,175 ★★★★★
    I am a very mid player, and don't have aegon.
    I'm planning to do a run with doom/kate and shuri 6*, if I don't get aegon
    How much it costs for completion run using kate and doom on titania parh? Also does kate need 200 sig? The max I can give her is 100 sig
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 369 ★★★
    I'd say I'm a pretty average kate bishop player, I did my run with her. Believe me, fights til the sir walker are going to be torture but you'll slowly get the hang of it. I spent more than double the revives on the first 5 fights than all of the other ones.
    You can do it!
    Who did you use for air walker?

I used r4 unascended sig 75 kate for my run, as well as a r1 chavez for synergy and aarkus. I used around 40 revs because there was a very annoying cap Britain I didn't being a tech for, so in hindsight bring a r4 shuri for an easy 2 shot. Kate can 2 shot most other fights, and I even soloed sam wilson.

Cheers!

Who/what did you use Aarkus for?

I used r4 unascended sig 75 kate for my run, as well as a r1 chavez for synergy and aarkus. I used around 40 revs because there was a very annoying cap Britain I didn't being a tech for, so in hindsight bring a r4 shuri for an easy 2 shot. Kate can 2 shot most other fights, and I even soloed sam wilson.

Cheers!

Will doom take care of aarkus air walker and nova? Who to use for guardian?
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,214 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I don’t have an Aegon so I’ll also bring doing a Kate run. I don’t have shuri as a 7*, I could rank up the 6* but ideally don’t want to. Who can replace shuri for my run? Especially for Captain Britain and Psycho Man.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,380 ★★★★★
    Slig said:

If you bring a mystic like Doom or Abs, most people seem to use them there, but Kate can solo AW. For Aarkus, I used Chavez/Juggs and they work fine. Kate can put in some work against him too

I don’t have an Aegon so I’ll also bring doing a Kate run. I don’t have shuri as a 7*, I could rank up the 6* but ideally don’t want to. Who can replace shuri for my run? Especially for Captain Britain and Psycho Man.

Kate can do psycho man, you just have to be careful with his control box. As for Cap Britain, it depends on who you have. Chavez and Vox put in a lot of work for me against her aside from a r4 Shuri
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Emilia90 said:

Slig said:

If you bring a mystic like Doom or Abs, most people seem to use them there, but Kate can solo AW. For Aarkus, I used Chavez/Juggs and they work fine. Kate can put in some work against him too
    With a rank 2 Chavez, Absorbing man is still worth bringing? The other option I guess would be Heimdall and slug out the fights with Kate/Chavez. Lagacy had both abs and chavez on his team
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,214 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Kate can do psycho man, you just have to be careful with his control box. As for Cap Britain, it depends on who you have. Chavez and Vox put in a lot of work for me against her aside from a r4 Shuri
    I know Kate technically can do both of those fights, but I’m not even close to an experienced Kate player so I didn’t want to be road blocked. I didn’t know Chavez can work for cap britain and I do have her r2 so that would work.
    So if I bring Kate, Chavez and juggs, who else should I bring with no shuri, Wiccan or aegon? Heimdall? I saw someone mention aarkus (I have a 7* of him), but not sure what he would be used for. Could also bring R4 NF.
    Slig said:

So if I bring Kate, Chavez and juggs, who else should I bring with no shuri, Wiccan or aegon? Heimdall? I saw someone mention aarkus (I have a 7* of him), but not sure what he would be used for. Could also bring R4 NF.

Abs man
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,112 ★★★★★
    I tried r4 Kate on Titania, copied Karatemike, took Titania down to 65% but got caught and lost every debuff, she could be fun at r5 Ascended but I'll honestly just save myself from trouble and do bruteforce with Aegon, when I pull him.

Kate is good when she starts to roll, making her roll and losing the rolling is extremely repugnant.

Polygon said:

Emilia90 said:

Slig said:

With a rank 2 Chavez, Absorbing man is still worth bringing? The other option I guess would be Heimdall and slug out the fights with Kate/Chavez. Lagacy had both abs and chavez on his team
    I assume that Abs would make Aarkus a little cheaper. Chavez can get the job done and she took a big chunk out of him just at r1 unduped for me
    PT_99 said:

I tried r4 Kate on Titania, copied Karatemike, took Titania down to 65% but got caught and lost every debuff, she could be fun at r5 Ascended but I'll honestly just save myself from trouble and do bruteforce with Aegon, when I pull him.

Kate is good when she starts to roll, making her roll and losing the rolling is extremely repugnant.

I find that it’s hard to lose the roll except in very specific fights unless you haven’t practiced with her much. Throw yourself at Titania again and again and you’ll get good at her. Even a r4 can solo her if you keep her in the corner. The tactic her is to avoid her dashing forward by cornering her with all the debuffs and heavying until she gets to a bar of power. She’ll throw her specials 99% of the time because of Kate’s cornered mechanic
    Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

I find that it’s hard to lose the roll except in very specific fights unless you haven’t practiced with her much. Throw yourself at Titania again and again and you’ll get good at her. Even a r4 can solo her if you keep her in the corner. The tactic her is to avoid her dashing forward by cornering her with all the debuffs and heavying until she gets to a bar of power. She’ll throw her specials 99% of the time because of Kate’s cornered mechanic
    But how to avoid haymaker if she tried to intercept with a heavy while in corner? Whenever I heavy spam champs in the corner, I've seen many times they counter with own heavy
  • LickyLicky Member Posts: 330 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

You can only solo at rank 4 if she Sig 200 but still solid advise

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

But how to avoid haymaker if she tried to intercept with a heavy while in corner? Whenever I heavy spam champs in the corner, I've seen many times they counter with own heavy
    I haven’t found that to be a problem. I usually heavy before she even has a chance to react. Is she doing that regularly? Might be an AI problem

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

You can use her evade stun to play around the haymaker by waiting it out

So one of the things that has helped me a lot with leveling up my Kate Bishop gameplay is that using her more in Necro has reinforced my need to trust in her block.

For a lot of Necro fights it actually makes more sense for you to block an opponent's hit/special rather than try to dex it. Yes, you take some chip damage but you position yourself to refresh your DOTs by punishing the special with a heavy, rather than moving out of range.

That small change in mindset really increased the amount of uptime I get from my DOTs and exponentially increases my damage output per fight.

@Darkness275 this is some sound advice. Think she debuffs a lot with chavez adding a 3rd stack so inequity can help even more? Plus the crushed debuff

Regarding the heavy after taking a special into the block, wouldn’t the enemy be able to react quicker than the heavy can make contact? Theres champs where i try to dash in to punish a special after blocking it, only to get intercepted because they reacted quicker
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 892 ★★★
    Polygon said:

So one of the things that has helped me a lot with leveling up my Kate Bishop gameplay is that using her more in Necro has reinforced my need to trust in her block.

For a lot of Necro fights it actually makes more sense for you to block an opponent's hit/special rather than try to dex it. Yes, you take some chip damage but you position yourself to refresh your DOTs by punishing the special with a heavy, rather than moving out of range.

That small change in mindset really increased the amount of uptime I get from my DOTs and exponentially increases my damage output per fight.

@Darkness275 this is some sound advice. Think she debuffs a lot with chavez adding a 3rd stack so inequity can help even more? Plus the crushed debuff

Regarding the heavy after taking a special into the block, wouldn’t the enemy be able to react quicker than the heavy can make contact? Theres champs where i try to dash in to punish a special after blocking it, only to get intercepted because they reacted quicker
    You can block all the special except for the last hit, dex the last hit, and heavy counter (it’s all situational and depends on the opponent)

Polygon said:

You can block all the special except for the last hit, dex the last hit, and heavy counter (it’s all situational and depends on the opponent)
    Ah right i should’ve figured thats what he meant.

Btw, what are everyones thoughts of doing my 1st run on a path with the r5 gem while shes at r4 s200 ascended ? I don’t want to r5 using t6cc as I’d rather focus them on 7 stars like my Black Cat
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

Save Kate's Riposte to help manage the haymaker.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 892 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Ah right i should’ve figured thats what he meant.

Btw, what are everyones thoughts of doing my 1st run on a path with the r5 gem while shes at r4 s200 ascended ? I don’t want to r5 using t6cc as I’d rather focus them on 7 stars like my Black Cat
    I haven’t done it yet (planning on doing it some time before January). But I’ve been practicing on that Titania with my r4 unascended Kate and I have soloed her multiple times so it should be fine
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I finished my run earlier today and I used a r4 Kate with Chavez synergy, she did not disappoint. I was so surprised cause she was able to do a lot of fights with only three or four revives even though she was r4, I honestly kinda regret ascending Zemo over her but what's done is done lol.

So for the actual fights, first section I didn't use her much cause of Against The Ropes, it was quite hard to use her with that trap node active and it just wasn't working for me, yes skill issue cause I know for a fact she can do some of those fights even with Against The Ropes active. Section two however, I ended up using her even more than Zemo and Shuri. Sam and Cap IW two revives each, Nova and Tigra three revives each, and Dragon Man took four cause the block damage was just too much and I never healed back to 100% for any of the fights. For a r4 though, I think that's great!

Final thoughts: I just r5ed her and she will probably be my next ascension lol. I plan on taking Titania path with her next month.
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    edited November 2023

Cheers!

Will doom take care of aarkus air walker and nova? Who to use for guardian?
    Sorry I've been gone hunting all day. I meant to say chavez for aarkus as well as the kate synergy.

Also, kate easily solos air walker if you keep a good tempo and start with tranquilize.

Guardian was tough with herc, I wish I had adam cause I've heard it's a breeze with him.

Edit: I used a mixture of kate and chavez for nova, it was 4 revs, 3 on chavez and a kate cleanup

I finished my run earlier today and I used a r4 Kate with Chavez synergy, she did not disappoint. I was so surprised cause she was able to do a lot of fights with only three or four revives even though she was r4, I honestly kinda regret ascending Zemo over her but what's done is done lol.

So for the actual fights, first section I didn't use her much cause of Against The Ropes, it was quite hard to use her with that trap node active and it just wasn't working for me, yes skill issue cause I know for a fact she can do some of those fights even with Against The Ropes active. Section two however, I ended up using her even more than Zemo and Shuri. Sam and Cap IW two revives each, Nova and Tigra three revives each, and Dragon Man took four cause the block damage was just too much and I never healed back to 100% for any of the fights. For a r4 though, I think that's great!

Final thoughts: I just r5ed her and she will probably be my next ascension lol. I plan on taking Titania path with her next month.

So you had the same thoughts of not wanting to r5 her with t6cc and to just start with harder path 2 for the r5 gem?

How hard is that path for a team of Kate, Shuri, Chavez, Juggs, and either Abs Man or Heimdall for 5th? Is it more meant for Aegon or Shuri since the trap node would hurt Kates health?

Around how many potions did you end up using for her and Shuri, and what did you heal until when starting the fights?