**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

I'm Not THAT Guy in the Red Suit - December Side Quest, Holiday Gift & Banquet Cutoff

Comments

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,682 ★★★★★

What about the Christmas calendar we have been getting all these years?

Probably coming with the banquet announcement as it starts around that time and has contained banquet crystals
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 681 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

I just added the brief overview of the banquet event.

That's all for now, we'll have a followup post later in the month. Mostly we want to communicate the participation cutoff!

Can we gift during this event or not?
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 681 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Rewards could be better, I mean they are better than a kick in the grapes, but us thronebreakers need more T6 Basic and T3 Alphas mate.

Takes way too long to accumulate resources to R4 these 6 stars...Anyway, rant over.

Kind Regards,

Uncle Toproller
  • Options
    BobsBobs Posts: 21
    The side quest info says it will have threat levels 1-5 but all the rewards listed are tied to progression, not threat level. Will there be any incentive to complete the higher difficulty quests?
  • Options
    JimajohnJimajohn Posts: 101

Looks like accolades are back this year.

Where did you see this? -this year
  • Options
    Jimajohn said:

Looks like accolades are back this year.

Where did you see this? -this year
    This is from the version release notes

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/v42-0-release-notes/
  • Options
    FilledPizzaFilledPizza Posts: 119

Hmm
  • Options

Hmm

5 week event, they happen 4x every year because 12 events in 52 weeks
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,950 ★★★
    Is red guardians buff getting released this update?
  • Options

Is red guardians buff getting released this update?

No, Red Skull and Shocker
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 513 ★★★
    No T2 Dust?
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,662 ★★★★★
    Can we get a new incursion or something? Cause this SQ is not it
  • Options
    NischalNischal Posts: 8
    If someone joins an alliance on 7th Dec will they be completely locked out of the banquet event or will they be able to participate on 21st dec after being locked out for 1 day?
  • Options
    Nischal said:

If someone joins an alliance on 7th Dec will they be completely locked out of the banquet event or will they be able to participate on 21st dec after being locked out for 1 day?

They can participate starting the 21st and will still earn all alliance rewards.
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 318 ★★
    Dangle a new title like a carrot, and then have nothing ready for it after it’s released other than daily crystals.
    Typical
  • Options
    NischalNischal Posts: 8
    edited December 2023

Nischal said:

They can participate starting the 21st and will still earn all alliance rewards.
    That's great. Has anyone from kabam confirmed this? I just want to be completely sure that's all.
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 318 ★★
    Someone needs to confirm this!
    It would be a pretty crappy move by kabam to force people to stay in an alliance that they don’t want to because you can’t collect a W season rewards change alliances, and still qualify for banquet.

I seriously hope they didn’t do anything that crappy. But I wouldn’t put it past them either.
  • Options
    spicyInspicyIn Posts: 9
    Add 14 days from date you join to new ally. If last day is 3rd Jan is quite narrow gap. Better to join 19-20 Dec maybe...21st is day to day could miss ally rewards, maybe)
  • Options
    Haha
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,372 ★★★★
    Greekhit said:

No Primordial Dust at all in side quest rewards.
    What a disappointment 🙁
    Last month’s side quest took away tier1 PD from advanced players, this month’s side quest took away tier2 PD too.
    Goodbye ascension for this month ☠️
    I want to believe they overlooked it, and it’s not the new normal.
    @Kabam Jax any insight if that’s intended?

We had some generous SQs this year, now people’s expectations are very high. And then you‘re getting disappointed (by Black Friday or Banquet and regular Events).

It is what it is and they won’t spam Ascensions like crazy.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,372 ★★★★
    Oh, and there will be Dust this month pretty sure … from
    Banquet Milestones. That’s why there is no more in normal SQ.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Oh, and there will be Dust this month pretty sure … from
    Banquet Milestones. That’s why there is no more in normal SQ.

I'm pretty sure they will be Primordial Dust at Banquet Milestones, but at which milestone?
    If it is on the first milestones which anyone will reach with the free units, then ok.
    But if it requires to spend extra units (excessive to what you get back for free), it will be absurd and won't "compensate" at all their absence from side quest.
    Unless there are attached to the holiday calendar 🤷
    Also, what about tier1 PD?
    I'm pretty sure many progressed players are interested in ascending more of their 4* and 5* champs.
    Is that game breaking to have some in the SQ rewards?
    We are already having 7* r3s in the game, if ascension isn't available at a good rate now, to keep 6*s more relevant, then when?
  • Options
    ZiegdudZiegdud Posts: 16
    edited December 2023
    5 star stuff for cavalier is too harsh :(

--
    Have just read it all to notice that you guys had the same Anniv. Rewards for Proven - Cavalier.

Sigh.
  • Options
    SmasherM86SmasherM86 Posts: 70
    I'm a paragon player with 2.6 Million account, I decided not to do the monthly EQ due to bad rewards, and it seems Kabam don't want us to do the side quest also, recent rewards not worth the time & effort at all, Current nodes in battlegrounds not my favorite, guess I better take a break from the game....
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Sq on november ard good just for shop i hope this month are best