**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Phoenix Discussion (Logical Kit)

Phoenix has been in the game for years. Many people want her buffed including myself, however I understand there are other priorities. Phoenix can of course be used with synergies but this discussion ignores all synergies so we can focus on the champ at her base. This discussion is more or less my questioning why certain abilities were implemented in her kit and I will outline them below, then of course what can be done about these abilities.

A quick overview of her abilities/ playstyle;
Use heavy attacks to gain "Phoenix Force Charges", in turn these Phoenix Force charges generate fury buffs. You can trade off these Phoenix charges for power on the special 1, or ramp up her furies for the special 3. Or take an alternate route to maintain furies and inflict as many incinerates as possible; using special 2 (or heavies) to gain charges and then use special one to bounce up to a special 2 and repeat... a yo-yo of a playstyle but actually kind of fun (I use this loosely) to play around with.

My issue is with her special 1, special 2, and overloading.
Typically you want to "ramp up" a champ, not with phoenix. Because if you get to 11 furies, she gets "Overloaded" and loses damage, her flow, and power! It robs her of her Phoenix Force Charges which stops the generation of furies and reduces combat power rate by 80%! Alright she's at her max furies so who cares about gaining more, the issue is if you have an SP1 it will not give her power since the currency of Phoenix force charges are gone. You can't get to a special if you don't already have one because her combat power rate has nearly vanished. On top of that her furies are dissipated one at a time, rendering her ramp up useless and not beneficial.

So why not use the other playstyle? The yo-yo one we talked about earlier. Well not only is her special damage at it's base lower than most other champs (much like Angela and Hela), but her abilities rob her of even more damage. Here's why; her furies are 13.5% of her total attack rating each. On both her special 1 and special 2 she can trade in these furies to gain "Special Damage"... the problem is that for each fury she trades in, she only gains 10% special attack rating. So if you have 9 furies (attack rating is 100%+121.5%) and launch a SP2 (which she trades 4 furies for) she is left with less attack rating than she started (100%+67.5%+40%). Not only is this bad for damage with each hit in the special attack, but this "Special Damage" increase only affects special damage and not attack rating, meaning it is an immediate 54% reduction in her attack rating which directly translates to her already abysmal incinerate damage.

Phoenix has been disrespected in the movies, please don't let her be disrespected in this game as well! She is not only a horrible attacker for any form of content but also poses little to no difficulty on defense. The buff program was hope of bringing champs up to date with current champs, creating a place for themselves in the contest. This one looks like it could be an EASY update (this could be said for 10+ other champs). With the slow roll of buffs that have been coming out, why not have a month where MANY champs are updated with small details that could change their entire kit? I am not saying on that month stop any new champs, just instead of taking months to overhaul a champ, take a few weeks to change the minor abilities of several champs. What this discussion is opening up for is not just "Please Buff Phoenix", but at the very least make her kit more logical.

Comments

• Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Tbh, I don't really care that much about Kabam buffing champs that aren't currently available as 7 stars. I would much rather prefer they focus their time into buffing someone like vtd.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    Phoenix seems to be the only champ in the game that you can't reliably combo into a special. It's blocked a lot. Not a big deal as it's just in arena but still interesting.