**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Soooo…aw atk tactic sturdy …pointless? Defence tactic crush pretty solid working as intended..

Hi everyone,

Was playing around with the attack tactic and defence tactics today, and feels like the atk tactic needs some tuning.

Atk tactic sturdy feels like it doesn’t really do much to help against the crush defence tactic, since it does nothing to help the root mechanic, which I feel is more annoying than the unblockable , in addition the steadfast isn’t on long enough to help given the current ai habit of refusing to throw specials.

Issues are

1) dexxing the special (steadfast not triggered or timed out) - When combined together (root plus unblockable) you end up getting rooted in weird places trying to bait specials, so it’s harder to dex. Atk tactic attacker should have improved protection against this.

2) blocking the special (steadfast works) - if you block the special you take a ton of block dmg. Again, if you take in atk tactic, you should get some Better protection from it.

3) the steadfast only lasts 10s so with the ai still refusing to give up specials (even when taunted) you end up not benefitting from your tactic.

One fight I was taking domino with Ultron for example. Usually a clean one shot, but with the root mechanic interacting with the unblockable , even with steadfast, either the block dmg is considerable and you die from that, or you mistime the evade as you get rooted in weird positions rather than the ideal position to evade and end up ko. So it feels like the atk tactic isn’t doing enough to level the playing field. Indeed it seems better to just use any power control attacker vs crush defenders and manage power , instead of dealing with the specials, if possible.

The defence tactic is solid. The root works well as is suitably annoying. the unblockable works well, and combined with the root really tests your skill at evading.

As a tweak I’d say options are:

1) have the atk tactic increase block proficiency and armor by 1000, allowing you to take minimal dmg from blocked specials whilst rooted.

2) I’d also increase the steadfast buff to 20s and remove the taunt as it feels like it does nothing, and besides, sometimes you want the opponent to throw sp2 and not sp1.

This way you can bait and block unblockable specials in a fashion that feels more like sturdy should be (to me anyways) .

Or

3) have the atk tactic make the attacker immune to root, and then they just have to deal with evading if you don’t want to take big block dmg.

4) again increase the steadfast buff to 20s to allow the attack tactic attacker more protection from the root.

Anyone else got other ideas?
How is everyone else getting on with the new tactics?

Comments