Steps to make Gladiator real summoner's choice champ

Denic_2580Denic_2580 Member Posts: 37
edited December 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
I really like Gladiator in some game modes, but I'm sure he needs a little tune up.

1. Replace Intimidate with Roots. So we can have a little energy control.
2. Make guarantee crit hits to his special attacks while he is unblockable.
3. Add immunes. It seems to me that immunity to shock and incinerate would be suitable for him

I'm sure this little changes can make him great champion. And it's very easy to make.

Comments

• SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★

I really like Gladiator in some game modes, but I'm sure he needs a little tune up.

3. Add immunes. It seems to me that immunity to shock and incinerate would be suitable for him

I'm sure this little changes can make him great champion. And it's very easy to make.

I agree he needs changes, but those are not it… he needs to ramp up to higher damage and have the buildup feel rewarding as opposed to now.
    As for immunities, he doesn’t need anything, he’s already got neutralize, power burn and drain, aswell as decelerate resistence.
  • Denic_2580Denic_2580 Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2023

I agree he needs changes, but those are not it… he needs to ramp up to higher damage and have the buildup feel rewarding as opposed to now.
    Look at his SP2 and direct damage while he is unblockable, numbers are really good, when he crits. He has some problems with ranking, because enemy always dash back and can use special attacks. It's not safe for him. But with roots it would be fast and more safety.

I tested him 7* rank 3 vs Hercules 6* rank 5 in LOL, and time was 4:35 vs 4 minutes without synergies.

Look at his SP2 and direct damage while he is unblockable, numbers are really good, when he crits. He has some problems with ranking, because enemy always dash back and can use special attacks. It's not safe for him. But with roots it would be fast and more safety.

I tested him 7* rank 3 vs Hercules 6* rank 5 in LOL, and time was 4:35 vs 4 minutes without synergies.
    Try dashing back before dashing in after you apply the intimidate. They won’t dash back then.

As for immunities, he doesn’t need anything, he’s already got neutralize, power burn and drain, aswell as decelerate resistence.

As an example, you can take Hulkling here. He has the same energy-burning immunity, but thanks to his immunity to shock and poison, he becomes more versatile. I want the same for a Gladiator

As an example, you can take Hulkling here. He has the same energy-burning immunity, but thanks to his immunity to shock and poison, he becomes more versatile. I want the same for a Gladiator
    But Hulkling doesn’t have true damage or an evade and miss counter

Try dashing back before dashing in after you apply the intimidate. They won’t dash back then.
    So, then the question arises about the time of damage ramp up. With this style it is longer and it may not always work. Everything will depend on the AI. Sometimes enemies can not be controlled in any way with his ability
    This is what you should be seeing from a r2 Gladiator if you play him correctly and his sp2 crits.

So, then the question arises about the time of damage ramp up. With this style it is longer and it may not always work. Everything will depend on the AI. Sometimes enemies can not be controlled in any way with his ability
    This works everytime… just dash back after using your heavy and then dash in, you’ll be able to get 4 hits in their block everytime.

This is what you should be seeing from a r2 Gladiator if you play him correctly and his sp2 crits.

The main word "IF". If he crits, his damage is great. You are right.

If he doesn’t the fight takes 1:05…

No, it take a bit longer. Of course, everything depends on LUCK.

My best fight without synergy was 50 sec
    Average 1:20

I just did the fight and it took 1:06 without critting on the sp2.
    edited December 2023

https://youtu.be/25Vt8z1iDW8?si=jpKKpYlkPeDkSd1A

Unfortunately, this is a frequent case. Not always, but it happens. And it works for sure only if the enemy is at the wall.

Of course, the next fight I tried was perfect, and it was 1 minute.

But good character is a stable character

https://youtu.be/fZJcWUolPBg?si=U-fbzYPrnbWwhEoJ

He can show a great result, if he crits. But it was my fifth attempt to show a good result. It is not stable.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    He's a good champion with a very nice foundation. I'd keep his core kit with a couple of tweaks but I would add to it and introduce some new features.

For starters, I would increase his Confidence limit to 38 and lower the potency to 2%. I would add that the potency of confidence is 50% less again mystics and defensively it ramps 25% slower than it does against non-mystic champions. This moves Super Confident to 19+ and Ultra Confident to 38+. You gain confidence the same way, but how you lose confidence is changed: if knocked down by a heavy you lose 2 confidence unless unstoppable. Being hit with a special does not make you lose confidence if you're unstoppable - except for SP3. If you're not unstoppable, 4 per level.

Strontian Physiology would still grant him 200% increased Ability Accuracy to personal Buffs, immunity to Power Drain and Power Burn effects. But I would add the following: Gladiator would begin with 0% resistance to all damage over time and weakness effects and increase by 2% with each level of confidence (lowering by the same amount as he loses confidence). He would have NO scaling resistance to Bleed, Neuroshock, Soul Barb, Degeneration or Limbo effects and ALL resistances to damaging effects from mystic champions are cut in half.

His regeneration rate could not be lowered past 0 unless he's suffering from "Self Doubt".

To that effect, I would introduce a completely new feature called "Self-Doubt" a passive that greatly hampers Gladiator and expresses just how dangerous it would be for Gladiator to lose his confidence. If intercepted with a Special attack and knocked down, Gladiator loses all of his current confidence and gains “Self-Doubt” for 10 seconds.
    If this is done by a Mystic champion, Gladiator’s ‘self-doubt’ lasts for an additional 5 seconds.

Self-Doubt would make Gladiator unable to gain confidence. It reduces his resistances to damaging effects by 10% (brings them to negative numbers). The effect increases the potency of cowardice, weakness and wither effects on Gladiator by 15% and Gladiator loses 25% of his base armor.

His heavy would stay the same, however each Confidence Buff increases the initial duration of the Intimidation Debuff by 0.02 seconds.

Super Confidence would have the following added: If the “Stand Your Ground” mastery isn’t active, activate it and gain 1 rank of “Stand Your Ground”. If the “Stand Your Ground” mastery is already active, each rank increases its potency by 1% and I would move the following off of SP1 to Super-Confident: On Special Attack activation, gain an Unstoppable buff for 4 seconds, paused until the end of the Special Attack. The burst of physical damage would be reduced to 50%

Ultra Confidence would have the following added to it: Gain 1 additional rank of “Stand Your Ground”.
    Follow the same rules as above. If the mastery is not active, this would count as 2 ranks. If it’s already active, this would increase potency of ranks active by 1% (max of 5% if 5/5).

His specials remain the same, with exception of removing his unstoppable off SP1 and shift it to Super Confident.

I would alter his signature ability in the following ways: Winning as an Attacker or Defender with 89.8% to 49.8% Health adds 2 to Gladiator’s Persistent Confidence Limit (Max: 8). Increases Confidence Limit at the start of a fight.

If Gladiator wins his fight with 89.8% to 49.8% health, he carries over the confidence he ended with to his next fight.

No change to: While under a Vigilance effect, inflicts Passive True Damage and reduces Opponent’s Armor Up effects' Ability Accuracy by 10.45% to 100.45%.

Now, I doubt anything I've said above will be done or even considered and understandably some further tweaks would need to occur because I'm not a champion designer and the above has him go into some extremes in both the positive and negative; but that's kind of my idealized Gladiator tbh. Slightly longer ramp with huge risk if not attained but huge reward if it is and it's all tied to his confidence. Great for long form content and it introduces some continuity with the confidence conditionally carrying over: if he ends a fight decisively, he goes into the next fight with confidence. His massive resistances give us that near invulnerability Gladiator should have, but keep it tied to his confidence. His confidence becomes more difficult to manage the higher it gets, but not impossible to remove. Predominantly an attacker but not a complete joke as a defender. Situationally counter-class but ultimately still vulnerable to magic. Imposing, intimidating.

He's a good champion with a very nice foundation. I'd keep his core kit with a couple of tweaks but I would add to it and introduce some new features.

For starters, I would increase his Confidence limit to 38 and lower the potency to 2%. I would add that the potency of confidence is 50% less again mystics and defensively it ramps 25% slower than it does against non-mystic champions. This moves Super Confident to 19+ and Ultra Confident to 38+. You gain confidence the same way, but how you lose confidence is changed: if knocked down by a heavy you lose 2 confidence unless unstoppable. Being hit with a special does not make you lose confidence if you're unstoppable - except for SP3. If you're not unstoppable, 4 per level.

Strontian Physiology would still grant him 200% increased Ability Accuracy to personal Buffs, immunity to Power Drain and Power Burn effects. But I would add the following: Gladiator would begin with 0% resistance to all damage over time and weakness effects and increase by 2% with each level of confidence (lowering by the same amount as he loses confidence). He would have NO scaling resistance to Bleed, Neuroshock, Soul Barb, Degeneration or Limbo effects and ALL resistances to damaging effects from mystic champions are cut in half.

His regeneration rate could not be lowered past 0 unless he's suffering from "Self Doubt".

To that effect, I would introduce a completely new feature called "Self-Doubt" a passive that greatly hampers Gladiator and expresses just how dangerous it would be for Gladiator to lose his confidence. If intercepted with a Special attack and knocked down, Gladiator loses all of his current confidence and gains “Self-Doubt” for 10 seconds.
    If this is done by a Mystic champion, Gladiator’s ‘self-doubt’ lasts for an additional 5 seconds.

Self-Doubt would make Gladiator unable to gain confidence. It reduces his resistances to damaging effects by 10% (brings them to negative numbers). The effect increases the potency of cowardice, weakness and wither effects on Gladiator by 15% and Gladiator loses 25% of his base armor.

His heavy would stay the same, however each Confidence Buff increases the initial duration of the Intimidation Debuff by 0.02 seconds.

Super Confidence would have the following added: If the “Stand Your Ground” mastery isn’t active, activate it and gain 1 rank of “Stand Your Ground”. If the “Stand Your Ground” mastery is already active, each rank increases its potency by 1% and I would move the following off of SP1 to Super-Confident: On Special Attack activation, gain an Unstoppable buff for 4 seconds, paused until the end of the Special Attack. The burst of physical damage would be reduced to 50%

Ultra Confidence would have the following added to it: Gain 1 additional rank of “Stand Your Ground”.
    Follow the same rules as above. If the mastery is not active, this would count as 2 ranks. If it’s already active, this would increase potency of ranks active by 1% (max of 5% if 5/5).

His specials remain the same, with exception of removing his unstoppable off SP1 and shift it to Super Confident.

I would alter his signature ability in the following ways: Winning as an Attacker or Defender with 89.8% to 49.8% Health adds 2 to Gladiator’s Persistent Confidence Limit (Max: 8). Increases Confidence Limit at the start of a fight.

If Gladiator wins his fight with 89.8% to 49.8% health, he carries over the confidence he ended with to his next fight.

No change to: While under a Vigilance effect, inflicts Passive True Damage and reduces Opponent’s Armor Up effects' Ability Accuracy by 10.45% to 100.45%.

Now, I doubt anything I've said above will be done or even considered and understandably some further tweaks would need to occur because I'm not a champion designer and the above has him go into some extremes in both the positive and negative; but that's kind of my idealized Gladiator tbh. Slightly longer ramp with huge risk if not attained but huge reward if it is and it's all tied to his confidence. Great for long form content and it introduces some continuity with the confidence conditionally carrying over: if he ends a fight decisively, he goes into the next fight with confidence. His massive resistances give us that near invulnerability Gladiator should have, but keep it tied to his confidence. His confidence becomes more difficult to manage the higher it gets, but not impossible to remove. Predominantly an attacker but not a complete joke as a defender. Situationally counter-class but ultimately still vulnerable to magic. Imposing, intimidating.

You immediatly lost me at "increase comfidence limit and reduce potency".
    What do you meeeeeeeeaaaannnnnnnn?? His problem is already that he’s not getting his ramp fast enough…

You immediatly lost me at "increase comfidence limit and reduce potency".
    What do you meeeeeeeeaaaannnnnnnn?? His problem is already that he’s not getting his ramp fast enough…

The ramp is increased, yes but look at everything he's gaining. He also no longer loses confidence by simply getting hit.
  • TheDaywalkerTheDaywalker Member Posts: 143
    The problem is that the reward he gets from ramping up is a pile of garbage.

My proposed changes would give him overarching resistance to all Damage over time effects (debuffs and passives) as well as Weakness that can potentially scale up to 100% equates to free healing with Willpower making him extremely recoil friendly and potentially negating most debuffs, passives and nodes in the game. His unstoppable would be shifted to Super Confident meaning he can gain it from all special activation - giving him even more access to his 80% damage mitigation. Not just tied to his SP1 and then managing the CD giving him a smoother rotation/more possibilities and his confidence could carry over into the next fight meaning his following fights have less of a ramp process.

In addition to keeping all of the original utility he had access to.

You think that's garbage? Lol
  • TheDaywalkerTheDaywalker Member Posts: 143

My proposed changes would give him overarching resistance to all Damage over time effects (debuffs and passives) as well as Weakness that can potentially scale up to 100% equates to free healing with Willpower making him extremely recoil friendly and potentially negating most debuffs, passives and nodes in the game. His unstoppable would be shifted to Super Confident meaning he can gain it from all special activation - giving him even more access to his 80% damage mitigation. Not just tied to his SP1 and then managing the CD giving him a smoother rotation/more possibilities and his confidence could carry over into the next fight meaning his following fights have less of a ramp process.

I was talking about the kit he has now dude.

I was talking about the kit he has now dude.
    I misunderstood your post then and I apologize.