**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Thoughts on 7* stuff in banquet

Given the heated discussion happening on the banquet event, I got to critically thinking about "why" I really care about the lack of 7* shards and r2 materials in the milestones.

There's some talk about not wanting to "flood" the game with 7*r3's and accelerate the game into 8* territory in 2024, but I don't think that this is as real a danger as it seems (outside of top-tier battlegrounds & war.)

First behold my 7* roster:

I have some good champs, but to be frank, most of these are champs that I probably wouldn't have taken to r4/r5 as a 6*. Something that I find neat is that I use the heck out of a lot of these, explicitly because at 7*r1 they're equivalent to a 6*r4 which makes them comparable to the average power of my questing roster.

I think that right now the game is currently tuned for about that power level. There's nothing an 7r2/3 can do that a 6r4 can't do (albeit little slower.)

From what I've seen over the past 1-2 years, Kabam has come a long ways in terms of designing challenging champions/nodes/quests as puzzles that can be solved with champion selection, ingenuity and skill. Once upon a time, "stronger champions and perfect play" was the only answer to opponents that killed you in a single 5-combo, but I don't think that that's the case anymore. (Early Act 6, anyone?) New champs and buffed/tuned champs are also generally proving to be more balanced and useful on more content.

What I'm trying to express is that the game is in a healthy place right now for being able to use off-meta/non-"god-tier" champs for challenging content, but because of the investment required for rankups, I'd much rather have say a 7* Terrax sit at r1 for a year than take my 6* Terrax to r4, and I'm sure to use the 7*.

If & when I'm able to r2 another 7*, It'll probably be Gamora or Joe Fixit - good champs, but neither are champs that I'd take to r5 as a 6*. It's not a min/max strategy but I'd have fun with it.

With all that said, it seems to me that making these rewards more accessible to paragon+ players during the holidays (or in general) would go further towards adding some variety and fun to the game than cause harm.