Dani Moonstar Rebalancing Ideas

RockSlydeRockSlyde Member Posts: 43
Hello! I just watched Vega’s latest video overviewing the changes to Dani’s kit on the content creator beta. Basically, the biggest change was that her neuroshocks immediately apply upon special activation when fighting skill champs and also a slight bump to her slow duration. I really like this change, but I think a bit more is needed to make her meet her goals. This is especially true now that Onslaught is in the game. He has more utility, damage, and defensive capabilities than Dani, and I’m concerned that she will be overshadowed by the biggest and red-est mutant in the game in the upcoming months.

A big focus of Dani’s is lining up your specials just right: having 5 arrows loaded, 5 passive prowesses, and 5 prowess buffs all ready to go. This takes a lot of setup, and the reward doesn’t feel super impactful once the overload or energy vulnerability falls off. If you don’t manage to take down your opponent in that time frame, you have to start it all over again. I propose that if you fully line up the special (three stacks of 5) you get an indefinite, slightly more powerful, non stacking version of the overload or vulnerability on the final hit of the special attack. This way, you can keep the damage going. You also won’t have to worry about cycling to another s2 once the overload ends if you want to keep the s1 slow up for the rest of the fight. Alternatively, for more damage, you drop an s1 for the vulnerability and maintain s2s for the rest of the fight. For spamming s2s to make sense once an indefinite overload is already applied, adding some extra on-hit energy damage to the bullets could feel really good.

Ultimately, I think her kit is engaging and her animations are stellar (art team don’t miss), but given the current state of her rotation and damage output, I don’t see her staying competitively viable once Onslaught is more accessible. Since she’s got decent utility but not the best defense, I think making her a more powerful attacker would be very fair. Indefinite effects are very satisfying to play with, and I think that’s the perfect kind of payoff for her if you manage to skillfully set up her special attack. Kabam, I hope you take into account some of my suggestions when looking at Dani’s kit. And if anyone else has some ideas, drop them down below!

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,404 ★★★★★
    More is always better, but I've never thought she needed much change. I do like the activation of the neuroshocks change.

Also, I don't see how Onslaught has anything to do with her kit.
  • DragonBoiiDragonBoii Member Posts: 12
    RockSlyde said:

More is always better, but I've never thought she needed much change. I do like the activation of the neuroshocks change.

She and Onslaught are the only two champs (currently) with access to neuroshock, and they both are designed to benefit or atleast circumvent tenacity. Just about every fight that Dani’s utility works well for, Onslaught does it better (with the only exception being NF, kind of). The fact that Onslaught handles Dani’s matchups better than she does, as well as a TON of other fights, means she’s going to get shelved the moment someone gets their hands on Onslaught. I think it would be very sad for Dani to simply get replaced, and a proper tune up would prevent that
    Not to mention that onslaught is a top tier defender aswell, while dani is purely an attacker
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    It really is a shame because Dani is such a great character (and the game team did a great job with her design and her animations) and the first Mutant we got in like 18 months to have her entirely swept under the rug by Onslaught.

I know people are stoked for Onslaught but I would really have personally loved to spend more of my time and resources on Dani but I'll be bummed if she's really not worth it. Still hoping we get a little bit more with the buff.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,273 ★★★★

Even with the buff and increased duration of her sp1 slow, it still falls off in the sp2 animation if you go sp1 sp2. At least that needs even more increase or some sort of pause during specials in my opinion.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    I love my Dani moonstar she and sunspot being my r3s but she is not a heavy hitters, she doesn't have insane utility, she is just "good" or, maybe "decent" I like her Marked passive but once others start getting that she'll be back to Dani midstar
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★

Neuroshock.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

Even with the buff and increased duration of her sp1 slow, it still falls off in the sp2 animation if you go sp1 sp2. At least that needs even more increase or some sort of pause during specials in my opinion.
    They really said "here you go, two more seconds, fixed!" and called it a day.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,713 ★★★★★
    Dani midstar,
    decent damage.
    Okay utility.
    Not the best.
    Not the worse.

= Mid

Looks and animation are pretty cool.
    Much Smooth to play.
    But 7* unduped/low sig. Way midder than other counter parts.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    Her damage has always been insane AND I HATE HOW EVERYONE IGNORES THAT.
    SHE IS NOT Hard to play I don't know where any of you got that narrative from. Very easy to access what is 10 hits in a combo that y'all are not able to do.
    She does need more crit rate and a way to refresh her energy vulnerability and slow, her heavy should be doing that honestly.
    Also her marked should be the one stopping the Regen like it says on her abilities not any neuroshocks
    Dani is a top 10 mutant DMG champion stop acting like she isn't.
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    JAYIRI said:

Her damage has always been insane AND I HATE HOW EVERYONE IGNORES THAT.
    SHE IS NOT Hard to play I don't know where any of you got that narrative from. Very easy to access what is 10 hits in a combo that y'all are not able to do.
    She does need more crit rate and a way to refresh her energy vulnerability and slow, her heavy should be doing that honestly.
    Also her marked should be the one stopping the Regen like it says on her abilities not any neuroshocks
    Dani is a top 10 mutant DMG champion stop acting like she isn't.

I agree, my r2 can shred ROL ws in a single sp2. She's just so fun
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★
    Well, in the balance update for Photon and Vox, they did say that they plan to keep an eye on the buffs from now on and rebalance if needed

So they may take a look at this again and see if she needs further rebalancing
  • GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Member Posts: 383 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Well, in the balance update for Photon and Vox, they did say that they plan to keep an eye on the buffs from now on and rebalance if needed

So they may take a look at this again and see if she needs further rebalancing

i’m pretty sure this is referring to specifically older champs getting buffed like luke cage and red skull. they’ll treat the buffs like a new champ release and give them the same balancing window as a new champ