Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Onslaught nerf?

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
Just saw a video by Vega talking about this… linking to give credit https://youtu.be/d-fL-4-2a_U?si=gW_Ue9uaBpca-PRq

But here the thing… why are new champs whose kits are being considered for balancing being made in to AW tactic defenders and attackers?

At the moment we have an objectively tough meta that is grossly inflating all kills. How can we fairly judge new champs like Bullseye, Onslaught or Chee’lith in this meta? To me it seems like a poorly constructed experiment to try and monitor the champs’ kits with this variable in play and I wish Kabam wouldn’t do this going forward.

Comments

• Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Onslaught is really really good, but he’s not like hercules broken op cheat death good. That’s what the rebalance program is really for, to be a safety net for champ designers in case they release someone meta-breaking

As long as a champ does what the devs intended for them to do (whether it be do a lot of dmg, lots of defensive prowess, etc.) they aren't getting nerfed. So if they say that Onslaught gonna be a hell of a defender and meta relevant attacker, he's gonna do exactly that.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,177 ★★★★
    Unless the team create champs desirable to the community, then it's less likely for the game to generate revenue. There needs to be a top champ released every so often.

Now, if every top champ was nerfed every time, those who spent would feel less likely to invest in a new champ knowing this could happen. I think this is why we've not seen much nerfing lately.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,208 ★★★★

Wow, youtubers make ridiculous claims to get views and increased as revenue. What's next, are you going to tell us water is wet?

I what the video, and I can assure you it would be better as a short forum post. 6 minutes saying the same thing
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★

Wow, youtubers make ridiculous claims to get views and increased as revenue. What's next, are you going to tell us water is wet?

That's typically the response when any powerful Champ is released now.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Just for the record, I don’t think he’s getting nerfed. My main point is champs that are up for balancing is already enough of a variable to collect data on. I think it’s bad practice to put any new champs into AW tactics as it will skew data being collected for balancing evaluation.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

An Onslaught killer will be releases in a month or two, so no need to nerf him.

Already exists, it’s Havok.
    Add AA in that, at least for this month’s EQ.
    If you learn the spacing to counter Onslaught’s heavy, it’s a typical AA nuke.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 833 ★★★
    I actually thought that he needed a buff. His stun doesn’t work against cleanse champs, and he can’t put any daunt debuffs or passives on them. This includes some of the more recent additions to the skill class.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Just for the record, I don’t think he’s getting nerfed. My main point is champs that are up for balancing is already enough of a variable to collect data on. I think it’s bad practice to put any new champs into AW tactics as it will skew data being collected for balancing evaluation.

Using Champs won't skew data. That's exactly what contributes to the data needed. Further to that, not using a Champ in War isn't going to prevent them from changing a Champ. I'm quite confident they're capable of separating the data from the effects of the game mode they're being used in.
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

Using Champs won't skew data. That's exactly what contributes to the data needed. Further to that, not using a Champ in War isn't going to prevent them from changing a Champ. I'm quite confident they're capable of separating the data from the effects of the game mode they're being used in.
    Gonna have to disagree, Onslaught being tactic is going to make it really hard to understand if he’s hitting his targets as an AW defender. It’s not about the use of the champ in AW it’s about how interactions with tactics can greatly skew things.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    They will never nerf champs that will end up earning them lots of cash. Wait and see, he’ll be one of the bosses next year for the EoP type content.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Photon was left untouched I don't think kabaam is focused on broken meta defenders rather are focused on how a champ performs on attack.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Gonna have to disagree, Onslaught being tactic is going to make it really hard to understand if he’s hitting his targets as an AW defender. It’s not about the use of the champ in AW it’s about how interactions with tactics can greatly skew things.
    And you think they can't differentiate the difference between how a Champ's goals are being met, and the effects of War Tactics?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

And you think they can't differentiate the difference between how a Champ's goals are being met, and the effects of War Tactics?
    I don't thi k they're saying that. But if the champ is only being used in tactics, without data from gameplay without it, it will be hard to
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    IF Onslaught was going to be nerfed, it would be defensively. But Kabam had already bragged about him being a tough defender. Personally, I would like to see a buff to his offense. I think he should be hitting much harder. Also, he could’ve used an ability like Red Mags… maybe I’m missing something.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,500 ★★★★★
    Have they ever nerfed a champ just based off defense? It seems like the exact opposite of kabaams goals. Better defenders and weaker attack options means more deaths, more revives, more units spent on revives, more cash spent on units, and thus higher revenue.
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,150 ★★★
    TheExit27 said:

IF Onslaught was going to be nerfed, it would be defensively. But Kabam had already bragged about him being a tough defender. Personally, I would like to see a buff to his offense. I think he should be hitting much harder. Also, he could’ve used an ability like Red Mags… maybe I’m missing something.

He's not even tough to beat with the right champs.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    TheExit27 said:

#Metal champions can't dash back and remove Neuroshocks when Onslaught is the defender, but that's about it I think
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited December 2023

Have they ever nerfed a champ just based off defense? It seems like the exact opposite of kabaams goals. Better defenders and weaker attack options means more deaths, more revives, more units spent on revives, more cash spent on units, and thus higher revenue.

Very much my point on why I don’t think he’ll be nerfed. Again, I’m hoping he gets a slight numbers buff or more.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,500 ★★★★★
    TheExit27 said:

Very much my point on why I don’t think he’ll be nerfed. Again, I’m hoping he gets a slight numbers buff or more.
    Now that I think about it, absman kind of, but that was just to help newer players in low tier war. So I guess they have.
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 347 ★★★
    the champion that most needs the heaviest nerf in the history of this entire game (Photon) wasn't, why would he be?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Abs man