7.3.3 Red Skull is annoyingly painful

Priyansh7Priyansh7 Member Posts: 446 ★★
I'm a recent Thronebreaker racing towards Paragon and I have a hiccup that doesn't seem to go away. The final red skull in the poison regen path just before the starky boss seems to be extremely annoying as he was buffed recently. The main thing is to poison the defender to stop him from regenerating, otherwise the fight goes on forever. I tried using clairevoyant but after his new buff, his armor ups can't be nullified and he gains this annoying autoblock after his sp1.

CGR can convert armors into armor breaks but can't place any poison, so it's useless as he keeps regenerating health.

I tried to see guides on youtube but none seem to encounter this as they were made before the buff. Do you have any options for this? Please let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• Priyansh7Priyansh7 Member Posts: 446 ★★
    Could ibom work? I have a 6* waiting to be ranked up.
  • idlavonidlavon Member Posts: 34
    I took that path with ibom, but it is a slog since my ibom is only 5* so i took the thing path instead. But if you have 6* ibom and man-thing synergy i think it will work quite nice

I'm not too familiar with buffed skull yet but Claire should still work right? Buff immunity isn't technically a nullify so you can still remove his buffs correct?

I tried it but doesn't seem to work. Lol some people suggested I take the black panther path ending with thing! Let me try that one
    idlavon said:

I took that path with ibom, but it is a slog since my ibom is only 5* so i took the thing path instead. But if you have 6* ibom and man-thing synergy i think it will work quite nice

Interesting! I was just about to mention this that most people in my alliance are suggesting I go for the thing path. I'm not afraid of fighting the thing but actually korg is the real pain. I'll use hit-monkey to remove his stacks using the bleed. Let's see how this one goes. Thanks! I don't think I have a man-thing.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★
    People Can't help much without reading nodes.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    Priyansh7 said:

I'm not too familiar with buffed skull yet but Claire should still work right? Buff immunity isn't technically a nullify so you can still remove his buffs correct?

I tried it but doesn't seem to work. Lol some people suggested I take the black panther path ending with thing! Let me try that one
    Her nullify won't work but her sp2 should still remove all his buffs via buff immunity. I just tried it and it worked for me. Also she has poison too if you need it.

Priyansh7 said:

Her nullify won't work but her sp2 should still remove all his buffs via buff immunity. I just tried it and it worked for me. Also she has poison too if you need it.
    So actually, I went for the thing path. The thing was the most annoying but CGR helped me out there with a couple of revives. Otherwise, magneto was the MVP for most of the path. He just obliterated the Starky boss with heavy and sp3.

Anyway, I don't like fighting the buffed red skull. He's annoying AF. Thanks for the insights buddy.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 772 ★★★
    Venompool is probably the best counter for him, even with out placing a poison, you stack so many furys that it's not a long fight, and you can get the poison if you parry stun and sp3, but it's honestly easiest to just spam sp1.