**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Would you R3 one of these 7* tech champs?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,691 ★★★★

My quest for Shuri or Warlock continues. Opened my 2nd Titan and pulled a Peni. She’s really good obviously (have her as an 6* R4) although I do like her awakened ability for dealing with NF.

I pulled a Tech 2-3 gem from Necropolis a couple of weeks back and am debating whether to use it on one of my current champs or wait for Shuri / Warlock. I will say I’m awfully temped with Peni as she would be a beast on defense (and for that matter offense) as a R3. I’ve also been really enjoying my 7* Mysterio, and even better that I now have the 7* Peni/Mysterio synergy. HTD is fun also however I’m not considering him too seriously for R3 unless I awaken him.

What do you all think?

Would you R3 one of these 7* tech champs? 64 votes

R3 Peni even unawakened
21%
GK_23MasterduxPikoluDocWestItsClobberinTimeRenaxqqSparx265HoitadoSaulovskymattyben27SleepyBear21KINGBDCtfz30MarvelNoob 14 votes
R3 Awakened Mysterio
31%
BigTuna_2054Dtl7714o_oOmedennGlassbackXguard77Ioniqus_797ChiefGoatYodabolt21tuan96Coach_G1willrun4adonutLickyRugbyman371KlippEndgodHonorable_BluJayJohny_JoestarNtoriousGAecyn 20 votes
R3 Unawakened HTD
6%
TheAngryOneColinwhitworth69Thanos101010Night_Rider 4 votes
Don’t R3 any of them - wait for Warlock or Shuri
40%
SnakeEyes69MagicBentonSpity68TendersquadzuffyTensioUnyonfacepisceancane47Light_StormGizVbnmePowerofpain1001GreekhitEwell65SSS69Ben_15455LORDSPOOKY66Wasy1AidenTheWiseAaronxz 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,300 ★★★★★
    R3 Peni even unawakened
    Mysterio is the best option by far but personally I would do Peni just because I want to see how crazy that incinerate damage can get lol also without a proper counter in BGs it will probably be a guaranteed time out. If they do have a counter she's dual threat anyways so it won't matter.
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    R3 Unawakened HTD

Howard easy decision for me. Hugely underrated.

This.

I have said this multiple times in my alliance. Bleed immune, heal block, armour break, armor & fury buffs.

He's a bit more tricky to play against stun immune opponents.

He has great utility and damage output.

Make sure you play him before ranking him up. If you don't like his playstyle - parry -> heavy -> repeat (for big damage) - you might rank someone else instead.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    R3 Awakened Mysterio
    If this is your second r3, then definitely Mysterio. The rewards from the Valiant daily are worth it. If it's only your first, then go ahead and save it if you want.
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 107
    R3 Awakened Mysterio
    I pulled tech gem from necro to and didn’t have shuri at the time so I chose sig 40 Mysterio. If he wasn’t banned in BG he usually got me the win on defense.
  • Options

This.

I have said this multiple times in my alliance. Bleed immune, heal block, armour break, armor & fury buffs.

Make sure you play him before ranking him up. If you don't like his playstyle - parry -> heavy -> repeat (for big damage) - you might rank someone else instead.
    @TheAngryOne and @Colinwhitworth69 believe me - I like HTD and I’m not sleeping on him. I’m just struggling to make the investment with him not being awakened. Honestly it would be a no brainer if he was.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    R3 Unawakened HTD

This.

@TheAngryOne and @Colinwhitworth69 believe me - I like HTD and I’m not sleeping on him. I’m just struggling to make the investment with him not being awakened. Honestly it would be a no brainer if he was.
    Is his sig ability that important? To me the massive increase in attack, health and fury potency of a 7sr3 compared to my sig 200 6sr4 seems pretty juicy. Good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Don’t R3 any of them - wait for Warlock or Shuri
    Assuming this is your first r3, and not the second one that gets you Valiant, there is zero reason to rush and spend an r3 gem on any of those champs.
    It’s debatable if any of those worth to r2 (maybe except for duped Mysterio), let alone to r3 them.
    Take your chances with opening 7* crystals, until you get your hands on a second r3 gem or mats, and wait for a better champ to use the gem.
    If until then these are still your r3 tech options, go with Mysterio.
  • Options

This.

Is his sig ability that important? To me the massive increase in attack, health and fury potency of a 7sr3 compared to my sig 200 6sr4 seems pretty juicy. Good luck with your decision.
    It is really helpful for shutting down some annoying BG defenders - Domino in particular.
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

Assuming this is your first r3, and not the second one that gets you Valiant, there is zero reason to rush and spend an r3 gem on any of those champs.
    It’s debatable if any of those worth to r2 (maybe except for duped Mysterio), let alone to r3 them.
    Take your chances with opening 7* crystals, until you get your hands on a second r3 gem or mats, and wait for a better champ to use the gem.
    If until then these are still your r3 tech options, go with Mysterio.

Yes, I think this is the right thinking. Assuming I explore Necropolis and with the Crypt rewards I’ll have 4 more shots at Shuri or Warlock. Appreciate it.