**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

KABAM, MAKE THIS GAME FUN FOR CASUAL PLAYERS

KABAM, I understand that you are a business and you are in this to make money, and I'm sure that by now you have probably made millions by exploiting our love for the characters of the MARVEL Comic Universe and implementing systems of passive mind control. With that being said, I have a request/suggestion: REMOVE ENERGY FROM QUESTS AND RECHARGING FROM ARENA FOR THE BOTTOM 50% OF PLAYERS.
I feel like this would keep less skilled players and players with less time available to play interested in thew game, extend the overall longevity of the game, boost morale, and level the playing field somewhat.

I am a 37 year old father of 3 who works full time and so does my wife so when I am off I am caring for my kids by myself and vice versa. It is hard for me to find free time to play so I have to play distracted while I multitask most of the time. It is so unfair that I can't grind as hard as I want to in the little time I have available because I am limited by quest energy and arena recharge. I understand that recharge is simply a means for you to make more money and serves no other purpose. If we (at the lower levels) want to grind hard in arena with our top champs we have to spend units to recharge and the easiest way for lower level players to get units is to spend money. Same with quest energy. If we want to maximize our progress in quest we have to get energy refills and at the lower levels we are more likely to spend money. Quest energy and recharging arena champs should be reserved for the top 50% of players. It would give the lower tier players some hope of ever being able to catch up, and they would still need to develop their knowledge of the game and their skills in actual fights. It would also keep people with a limited amount of playing time interested in the game. This is the best suggestion I could think of that would have a large positive impact on lower tier players but hardly any effect on KABAM or the top tier players. It's bad enough to deal with the redundancy of fighting the same champions over and over again to level up without having to deal with being hamstrung by these unnecessary limitations. People are more likely to keep playing (and spending more and more money) if the game is fun for them and they feel they have a chance to be competitive.

I started this game about 2 years late. When I started I was AMAZED at the graphics, the roster, the animation, the intricacies of the way it was set up, etc. It was fun. Alot of fun. I couldn't believe I had waited 2 years to start. From what I hear I missed out on the best time period of this game's existence. At first all I did was play 1-vs-1 quick match and story. I loved testing the different matchups in 1-vs-1 quick match without having to worry about having enough health left to continue with that character. I loved the challenge of keeping my win percentage in the high 90s. I loved watching the story unfold just like I was reading a comic like I used to do. I felt dominant at the beginning, winning fights effortlessly with my X-23, Howard, and Hyperion, tearing through opponents usually without being touched. But then I quickly reached a point where it became impossible to advance anymore. I began to realize that to continue playing it was going to take alot of time, money, and strategy. I began to see how strong the top guys on the leaderboard were and wanted so badly to have at least 1 awakened 5* R4 God Tier champion. Needless to say this game is not nearly as fun for me as it was at first but I have my reasons for continuing to play.

The only things that keeps me playing this game are the fact that I have loved MARVEL since I was a child, my obsessive personality, and the fact that I began playing this game in March of this year with my little brother who passed away shortly after. Playing helps me keep his memory alive. I started an alliance in his honor.

I don't think that it is too much to ask. I don't think it will impact your revenue that much and as I said you've already made plenty. As a casual player I've easily spent about $300 over the course of about 9 months which is nothing compared to what some have spent.
I understand that this is a mobile game and most mobile games give you a free version that has advertisements and then they offer an advanced version that you can pay for and upgrade to. At this point I don't know if I'd rather deal with advertisements or the extortion. It is mind-boggling to me the amount of money, thousands and thousands of dollars, that some people have spent on this game, especially when you consider the fact that before mobile gaming ( and still today) you could buy a console game for $60 and play it as much as you want until your console breaks and there are no refurbished models available (which hasn't happened yet). A console game can continue to receive online updates also, like mobile, until they decide to stop sending them, likely because a new version is going to be released.

I understand that you all over at KABAM are evil geniuses who know just how to give people just enough hope to keep them going while milking them dry and I do not expect you to honor my request but I had to voice my opinion nevertheless. I can't go back to playing POKEMON GO. Maybe Flappy Bird is the game for me. I don't know anymore.

Comments

• Options
    SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    Speedbump, so get lost then.
  • Options
    I don't need the condescending comments. You wanna call me a noob? Fine, I'm a noob. You wanna tell me it's too long? I don't care, it's for KABAM, not you anyway. Too long for you simpletons? Let me sum it up: Not everybody who loves MARVEL has 18 hours a day to dedicate to this game but it should still be fun and competetive for those people. It is not and KABAM needs to do something about it. You don't care because you've been playing for 3 years and have a strong profile? I'm not surprised.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    LOL is all I can say....
  • Options
    Speedbump wrote: »
    You lost me at "I understand..."

I'm surprised you made it that far with your "limitations".
  • Options
    Maybe lower the recharge time to half hour for lower players instead of 2 hours. 2 hours is ridiculous. Maybe make energy requirement 1 on all maps until your base hero rating reaches above the median of all players, or make 3 tiers: 1 energy all maps bottom 3rd of players, 2 energy any map for the middle third, and 3 energy all maps for top 3rd of players. Maybe release the stories after they've been there for a certain amount of time so that those not strong enough yet can read along because everybody talks and finds out what's going to happen anyway. Maybe create a whole new game mode all together.

Right now I am a casual player who aspires to be more than that one day (unless KABAM decides they've milked enough money from us and shut down the servers). I'm sure many people on here will not agree with me because most people who bother being on forums usually are veterans with strong profiles, so they cannot sympathize with my situation and they don't want the game becoming easier for newer player because they want them to struggle the way they did in the beginning. Reminds me of the rest of the world. Next somebody is gonna call me a bleeding heart liberal with a sense of entitlement.
  • Options
    Then you've just got the straight up trolls with nothing significant to say like Speedbump. I'd like to treat you like one.
  • Options
    KABAM always claims to be doing things in an attempt to "level the playing field", but I assure you, it is far from level. Looks more like peaks and valleys.
  • Options
    Then you've just got the straight up trolls with nothing significant to say like Speedbump. I'd like to treat you like one.
    Make it as far as me and then we can talk. You are just being silly at this point.....I still laugh at you...LOL
  • Options
    Act3.5.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Speedbump, I don't need to talk to you ever and I could not possibly care less how far you made it. Now go do what your name suggests and go lay down in traffic.
  • Options
    Its comments like these that makes you a target....not just the one on your lower back either....just sayin
  • Options
    imnoone wrote: »
    I don't need the condescending comments. You wanna call me a noob? Fine, I'm a noob. You wanna tell me it's too long? I don't care, it's for KABAM, not you anyway. Too long for you simpletons? Let me sum it up: Not everybody who loves MARVEL has 18 hours a day to dedicate to this game but it should still be fun and competetive for those people. It is not and KABAM needs to do something about it. You don't care because you've been playing for 3 years and have a strong profile? I'm not surprised.

Is it for KABAM only? then send an email to their support staff. If you post on a public forum, get ready for comment from public.

Oh, I'm ready for the comments, I just don't care for most of them. I've gotten 1 constructive comment thus far. Like I said, I don't expect alot of people on here to understand. And I don't feel like sending an email. So I won't. Thanks.
  • Options
    It's for KABAM and anyone who might have something constructive to add.
  • Options
    Not for D-bags like speedbump.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    And yet here I am, you'll find yourself behind bars here soon enough my friend...lol
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hilarious,

OP- grr your model is bs and I’m going to be extremely harsh in my feedback.

Responses- ha ha let’s talk to him on that level.

OP - it’s not right to talk to people like that. Y’all are garbage, don’t talk to people like that.

False.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    For a 37 y.o....you know what never mind...
  • Options
    I for see this thread getting closed very soon, as for it has no longer being constructive....have a good day good sir....

I said, GOOD DAY!
  • Options
    MH2804MH2804 Posts: 77
    Another crappy complaining post. Neeext.
  • Options

Is it for KABAM only? then send an email to their support staff. If you post on a public forum, get ready for comment from public.

Oh, I'm ready for the comments, I just don't care for most of them. I've gotten 1 constructive comment thus far. Like I said, I don't expect alot of people on here to understand. And I don't feel like sending an email. So I won't. Thanks.

You know why you only got one constructive reply? Because of your **** attitude.
    You don't feel like sending an email? Fine but that's the best way for them to hear you and get back to you about your suggestions and concerns.

Players who have progressed through out the years have been where you're right now. They know exactly what you mean. A lot of player on here have very busy schedule, family and a full time job but make it work. I have a family and full time job but I don't expect a company to change their business model because some of us have busy schedule. It's simply unfair to the people who took time out of their busy schedule to progress in this game. It's called dedication. Just because people join a game late doesn't mean they should be awarded with different mechanics than people who has been playing it for a while. if anything, people who has been playing this game for a while should be awarded for their loyalty and dedication.
    I understand what you mean though, I have been where you're when all I wanted to do was play game when I had a night off from work and family but I was out of energy in arena and quests so I bought a couple of energy refill with whatever you units I had left but when I ran out of everything, you know what I did? I went online and watched videos of people playing and tried to learn from people. Feeling entitled and complaining will only get you so far and so will shitting at people on PUBLIC forum.

Good luck to you.

My **** attitude didn't begin until the trolls showed up. I'm sorry if you took offense to my post or felt like I was putting your precious game on blast. I'm sorry that MCOC used to be so cool until it became popular and noobs started playing. I was merely trying to help KABAM "level the playing field" as they always claim to be doing. This is a mobile VIDEO GAME. KIDS PLAY IT. IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE A FULL TIME JOB TO UNLOCK THE STORY IN STORY MODE. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SPEND $300 ON A MOBILE GAME TO BARELY ADVANCE. NOW I'M SURE YOU'LL ATTACK MY SKILL LEVEL. I actually said alot of good things about the game. If you took it the wrong way maybe you have a **** attitude. Tell me specifically what in my original post was so offensive to you? That I said KABAM is a business and will milk every last penny from players that they can? Well, that's a fact buddy, sorry if negative facts are offensive to you. Facts are facts. Maybe where you come from people do nothing to try to change things for the better lest they be labelled as having a "**** attitude". All the best to you.
  • Options
    I'm not asking them to change their entire business model. I am asking them to possibly change a few things or implement more tier related functions to facilitate a better gaming environment for CHILDREN who play this GAME as well as others who might have trouble advancing for whatever reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    "Children?" huh...good luck letting people buy that one.....ROFL
This discussion has been closed.