**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Necropolis paths with Aegon, easiest to hardest

I've done the completion (Titania path) with r4 Aegon and since ascended him, so want to do another run. What are the next easiest paths to do with him?

Comments

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    Paths in terms of ease after path 1, based on my experience exploring with aegon:

Path 2, path 3, path 5, path 6, path 4 in terms of easier to hardest.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Great write-up, thanks. I'm actually considering a few more runs before the farm runs dry.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    Omedenn said:

Congrats on finishing before 15th of Jan!

If you plan on fully Aegon your way through the necropolis exploration I think this is the order from easy to hard:

I would actually go for a path with the 4-5 gem first and give it to him if he will be your main guy, helps a lot to do some extra damage!

2) I would probably go for Red Goblin path. Red Goblin was also the second path I did, and it wasn’t too hard! Doable with Aegon.

3) Odin was my fifth run, and also was really doable with Aegon, big advantage here is that you can easily ramp up Aegon to 999. Odin’s specials are easy to Dex, and he doesn’t take damage if he has less than 5 buffs. So you can ‘easily’ get Aegon to 999 with 3/4 revives. Stryfe is annoying, but you can also use Aegon, just takes a few revives.

4) Mr fantastic was my third path. Will be doable! Only thing is that you might want to use Shuri for namor and atuma! Rest is again not too hard with Aegon. And don’t hit defenders when they are in their corner.

5) My last run was Jubilee, you need human torch for Diablo I would say. Rest is doable with Aegon. Few difficult defenders like future antman, but Aegon with a few revives will work for this path.

6) The fourth path I took, and most frustrating one to ramp up Aegon is Sauron. And the chance to evade on a medium..

My experience was different as I brought other champs as well, Shuri, Kate etc. so I can’t give you a full write up on every champ. But it is definitely possible with just Aegon!

Is roblin path easy with kate (no aegon).
    Who did you use for knull
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    @captain_rogers Kate is definitely a good option for that path! Only as of mantis I have used other champs, I ramped up Aegon against red goblin for grandmaster fight and always nice to have him in case you need to brute force your way through. But Kate did most work!

I have used Dr Doom against silver centurion and Knull that run.
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

@captain_rogers Kate is definitely a good option for that path! Only as of mantis I have used other champs, I ramped up Aegon against red goblin for grandmaster fight and always nice to have him in case you need to brute force your way through. But Kate did most work!

How did you manage to fight knull without blocking him with doom? Or did you just took the block damage?
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

Also what was your team? I suppose kate doom aegon america chavez and reverse control immune champ?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    With a R4 ascended Aegon, I targeted the 4-5 gem for a second path, did the Roblin section.

It was more expensive on health pots but nothing particularly painful about the path.

I will probably do the Odin path next, get Aegon ramped then use the gem.

GM is still bugged for me with the banned prompts not showing for long enough to read them.

• Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Paths in terms of ease after path 1, based on my experience exploring with aegon:

Path 2 easy with aegon? Who did you use for namor and attuma? I have no shuri so it sucks
  • Options
    miracle_mufflermiracle_muffler Posts: 153 ★★
    Ended up doing Roblin path. Not much harder than the easy Titania path. Used around 80 l1 revives and 10 or so l2s. Only had 25 health pots going in, so almost all fights were done without healing up, hence the high revive count.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,737 ★★★★★

Omedenn said:

How did you manage to fight knull without blocking him with doom? Or did you just took the block damage?
    As someone who did that path Kate, the best option for knull is to use abs man since he has consistent healing so the 5% health loss on basics rarely ever matters. Plus knull's sp2 super charges abs man because of the armor breaks, my r4 one did just fine.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Omedenn said:

As someone who did that path Kate, the best option for knull is to use abs man since he has consistent healing so the 5% health loss on basics rarely ever matters. Plus knull's sp2 super charges abs man because of the armor breaks, my r4 one did just fine.
    Sadly having him sit at r1, donno how to use him.

I'll just use r4 aegon for knull
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,737 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Omedenn said:

Sadly having him sit at r1, donno how to use him.

I'll just use r4 aegon for knull
    Yeah thats probably the best option for you then, Kate can also put in work if youre solid at intercepting
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited January 3

Bugmat78 said:

Path 2 easy with aegon? Who did you use for namor and attuma? I have no shuri so it sucks
    Ah.. well I used Shuri specifically for those fights and Apoc on path 2(6* r5) and aegon for everybody else. You can faceroll/power past them of course but it would be costly.

Every Aegon team has 1-2 slots for 1 or more champs that you don't need for his synergy - I took Shuri & WIccan on paths 1 & 2, then wiccan only for the others.

The only paths you can cover with Aegon alone (from my experience) economically are paths 1, 3 (if you know how to evade sauron's specials well - this is the hardest fight there for aegon), 5 and 6.